No, but BlackBerry Ltd. getting benefits from customers when they have shown with the PlayBook and BB10 how little they care about their customers is the concern.

The OP is 'enabling' BlackBerry to continue to, for lack of better term, abuse their fan base and profit from it.

You can go ahead and say "BlackBerry is a business, they aren't abusing anyone by killing the PlayBook and BB10"... which goes EXACTLY to why in the WORLD should a "fan" a) be a "fan" in the first place and b) lift even your pinky toe for BlackBerry who "is just a business" and doesn't really give a damn about its customers (only interested in the "next" sale, little regard for the "last sale").

You're enabling BlackBerry's customer-hostile behaviour by advocating that fans perform BlackBerry-aiding tasks for no compensation.

If BlackBerry promised that Android 7 would be brought to the Priv, then they're showing a commitment to the future of the device... but BlackBerry is very cagey about that stuff, so again, you're being taken advantage of by even being "a fan" at this point. It is proven that this is how BlackBerry treats their fans.

Do it if you want to, but rallying others to do it? Expect hostility from those of use who have "seen the light" w.r.t. our attitudes toward BlackBerry Ltd. management (although BB technology is excellent, if you deal with BB Ltd., you are dealing with the davil!)
    Excellent post. I am bitter about the PlayBook and now BB10 also. Why should BlackBerry get any free help from anyone.
    In my opinion, BlackBerry moving to android was another stupid move against their 'Fan' base. Most people that have/had a BB10 device did so because they wanted security and PRIVacy. Moving to android was a giant slap in the face to people that care about that stuff.
    If people out there don't already know, then do some research. Apple is way ahead of android as far as security and privacy. I went to Apple's website and read all about their commitment to privacy and security and was amazed at the steps being taken by them. If you have not read it LATELY, then don't even laugh or comment until you do.
    Android is nothing but a joke and BlackBerry dumping BB10 and going to android is what drove me away.
    RyanGermann likes this.
    12-17-15 10:38 AM
    I remember when people were going to Apple stores and jailbreaking the iphones.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    12-17-15 10:52 AM
    And yet there still aren't any pics on this thread. I suspect this is a tempest in a teapot. The OP is done with his shopping for he holiday season. A couple of others say that they are going to do this. The end result is probably a couple of units got updated.
    12-17-15 12:32 PM
    12-17-15 01:54 PM
    The fact that so many people are worried that consumers are going to touch and use this device without the software update speaks volumes on the usability of the phone in the state that Blackberry shipped it out in. Honestly, its embarrassing that this even needs to be done out of fear that a consumer will use it and see what a mess it is before its had any updates that Blackberry should have released the phone with.
    lift and JeepBB like this.
    12-17-15 02:04 PM
    I updated the one at Telus in Sherway Gardens Mall in Toronto today!

Posted via CB10
    12-17-15 04:37 PM
    And yet there still aren't any pics on this thread. I suspect this is a tempest in a teapot. The OP is done with his shopping for he holiday season. A couple of others say that they are going to do this. The end result is probably a couple of units got updated.
    I actually DID try to do it at the Telus store at the Eaton Centre, downtown Toronto, when the update was first available. For the record, the Toronto Eaton Centre is THE busiest shopping centre in Canada, the top tourist attraction in the city. I wanted to see what the update actually did for the device in terms of performance if any new noteworthy features were added. It's well enough that it wasn't updated, because I have no intention of buying it.

The Telus store is one of two carrier stores in the place that had a live demo model but I was stimied by either the "can't download over carrier network" or some kind of security setting: the availability of the update was present in the notifications, but the info page didn't include a "Download and install" link. I suspect it is still not updated.
    12-17-15 04:47 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	interestingPriv.jpg 
Views:	218 
Size:	42.7 KB 
ID:	384791
    Should have Photoshopped the Dos XX to a priv.
    12-17-15 05:48 PM
    This like going into an Apple store and opening the BlackBerry website on all the Macs and iPads. I'd do it if I saw a demo unit

Posted via the BlackBerry Venice
    12-18-15 01:58 AM
    This like going into an Apple store and opening the BlackBerry website on all the Macs and iPads. I'd do it if I saw a demo unit

Sounds like another cool idea

Q10SQN100-3/10.3.2.2813
    12-18-15 02:05 AM
    In my opinion, BlackBerry moving to android was another stupid move against their 'Fan' base. Most people that have/had a BB10 device did so because they wanted security and PRIVacy. Moving to android was a giant slap in the face to people that care about that stuff.
    What should they have done instead of switching to Android?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on the Priv
    12-18-15 03:30 AM
    Correction I didn't say it was a waste of time!!!!
    I just can't see the logic on why a customer should do this when staff are paid to!? Hey I'd do it as well if they paid me!!!

вιaсĸвεггч� ᕵяiv (STV100-3 Rogers Wireless)via CB for Android 5.1.1
    Well, how many times have you seen "staff " actually doing what they get paid to do. To darn many lazy people who don't care about what they should be doing for their pay.

Posted from my Verizon Z10 10.3.2.858
    12-18-15 03:58 AM

Yeah I'm sure that's having a huge impact on sales when people are going in to buy a computer or tablet and the Blackberry website is open on it....
    lift likes this.
    12-18-15 07:45 AM
    What should they have done instead of switching to Android?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on the Priv
    Going android has caused some of BlackBerry's loyal user base to leave. If those loyal customers wanted android, they would have bought android devices a long time ago.
    Android in it's very structure is designed to mine data and is not PRIVate nor secure. How BlackBerry thinks they can get away with claiming the Priv is PRIVate is pure marketing bull and is going to get them in trouble.
    The general public is going to show little interest in the Priv because of the BlackBerry name and the price. Most consumers will go with Samsung, LG or other brand names that they see more often and would feel more comfortable with. And last but not least, the tweaking community will have nothing to do with the Priv because it can't be rooted and those tweakers will just go with other devices that they can root and play around with.
    BlackBerry should have made more non PKB mid to high end BB10 devices and priced them competitively. Even though they have a small market share, they would have kept more loyal users.
    Trying to maintain two OS's is going to kill them because each OS is going to suffer.
    RyanGermann likes this.
    12-18-15 08:01 AM
    Going android has caused some of BlackBerry's loyal user base to leave. If those loyal customers wanted android, they would have bought android devices a long time ago.
    Android in it's very structure is designed to mine data and is not PRIVate nor secure. How BlackBerry thinks they can get away with claiming the Priv is PRIVate is pure marketing bull and is going to get them in trouble.
    The general public is going to show little interest in the Priv because of the BlackBerry name and the price. Most consumers will go with Samsung, LG or other brand names that they see more often and would feel more comfortable with. And last but not least, the tweaking community will have nothing to do with the Priv because it can't be rooted and those tweakers will just go with other devices that they can root and play around with.
    BlackBerry should have made more non PKB mid to high end BB10 devices and priced them competitively. Even though they have a small market share, they would have kept more loyal users.
    Trying to maintain two OS's is going to kill them because each OS is going to suffer.
    No other Android has DTEK and security like BlackBerry included.
    And its a fact that Priv is not really doing any justice to BB10, but its really different from Android in security, productivity and usability.
    Quit complaining.

Q10SQN100-3/10.3.2.2813
    12-18-15 01:35 PM
    How dare you OP. It is the store's right not to update these phone. You are taking their "privilege" away.
    12-18-15 04:16 PM
    [Play this song for full effect]:

MISSION: SIMPOSSIBLE - Rogue OS

Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to infiltrate local smartphone stores and kiosks during business hours and replace existing operating software with official updates. You and your team of elite smartphone geeks will use the cover of interested smartphone buyers while maintaining plausible deniability to retail personnel patrolling the area. Access to these devices is only from 10am to 9pm Monday through Sunday with possible additional holiday hours. Once your mission is completed, your instructions are to report back to this thread, uploading any relevant photos.

This message will self destruct in 5 seconds...
    Last edited by early2bed; 12-19-15 at 12:11 PM.
    DrBoomBotz and meltbox360 like this.
    12-19-15 11:24 AM

This message will self destruct in 5 seconds...
    12 hours later�
    12-19-15 11:46 PM
68 123