Hi guys,
    I'm not a computer scientist or anything like that, so I'm not really technical.
    my question is, basically, how secure are calls and text messages on my priv?
    is there any kind of encryption provided by BlackBerry? Is it better to use third party apps (like signal) instead of Google's messenger and phone?
    are third party apps trustworthy?
    I know it's a lot of questions, but I couldn't find the answers anywhere.
    thanks a lot
    04-24-16 08:53 PM
    04-24-16 10:39 PM
    Your basic sms is not secure.
    Your voice calling isn't secure.

For that you will have to use a third party app. And that may not even be secure.

Noting is really secure.

Posted via CB10
    04-24-16 11:58 PM
    Regular phone calls and text messages are not encrypted. To be encrypted both parties need to exchange encryption keys between them. So far my self and friends been using signal and it's been great. All phone calls, text messages are encrypted.

How you know it's encrypted?

In signal when you make phone call , it will show random phrase at the beginning of the phone call, the other party will see the message as they are answering the call. If both match that means the phone call is encrypted.

For text messages you won't be able to see or engage in conversation unless you got the keys.

I'm not sure about what'sup but last time the conversation supposed to be encrypted and it shows the lock on my BlackBerry but my iPhone friend shows encrypted BUT when you look at the conversation setting it shows message not encrypted.

And we are still able to chat, no sure why lol so much for encryption

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Last edited by Akamali; 04-25-16 at 02:25 AM.
    04-25-16 12:46 AM
    Like others said, regular voice and text through carrier is not secure.

Signal and telegram are popular options. But if you want one that's a step further check out VIPole. It's a UK company with servers in Netherlands. They offer end to end texts, voice and video calls. As well as encrypt files, notes and more.. Plus they also have a desktop client so you could video call, text from where ever securely.

I look at VIPole as the secure Skype more so as it is also aimed toward enterprises, they say they cannot read any messages the way it's set up..

I have a few more I'm keeping an eye on, but aside from signal I am liking the feature's of VIPole

*-* BBM Channel : Netflix Newsroom C003BA5E3 | Facebook.com/NetflixNewsroom *-*
    04-25-16 02:23 AM