Hi, my BlackBerry Hub has got itself confused with some sort of data corruption. I am seeing duplicated entries across multiple email accounts (Gmail and Microsoft Live and others) and can no longer see any entries at all for Skype, WhatsApp, LinkedIn, Twitter and Instagram.

Somehow my Hub has got itself into a muddle.

If I remove or mark a message as read at a desktop PC, then the Hub doesn't sync that change anymore - this used to work perfectly fine before. If I click on a duplicated message in the hub, then I get an error that the message can't be displayed.

It doesn't seem to be possible to make the Hub recognise that there are duplicates, you can't delete or mark those messages as read.

I tried several reboots, but no joy.

The only partial solution I could find was to delete the email accounts and recreate them, which removed the bad entries obviously.

For my other Hub accounts, such as Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram - they were also corrupted and unable to access any messages... I found that by reseting the password for those applications causes the Hub to "refresh" those services and they start working correctly again.

I have yet to resolve outstanding issues with Skype and WhatsApp which are no longer working in the Hub... they both show the message "No items in this view" if you try and select them.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to correct the Hub corruption? I don't really want to uninstall and then reinstall Skype and WhatsApp, but might well have to!

It would be nice if there was some tool within Hub so that you could cause some sort of a selected refresh of the data for an account or service, which has obviously become corrupted in some way.

Thanks in advance for any ideas!

Antony.

PS. Other than this, my Priv is working brilliantly for me - no issues with battery life or performance. Very happy!
    07-18-16 08:58 PM
    I would suggest clearing cache and memory since you have all those accounts. Perhaps it's crashing due to the volume

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    07-18-16 09:04 PM
    You said you rebooted your BlackBerry Priv but was it a soft or hard reboot? To perform a hard reboot shutdown the smartphone and then power it up. If this still does not resolve the issue, try removing one of the corrupt accounts and add it afterwards.

BlackBerry Priv with CrackBerry App for Android
    07-18-16 09:05 PM
    Thanks - is your suggestion of "clearing cache and memory" a guess? How do you perform this?
    (I'm not sure how this could address a corrupted Hub database tho, but appreciate the suggestion!)

I did several hard reboots, and yes as mentioned, I do know that if I remove an account and re-add it - then that account is fine. Easy to do for an email account, less so for Skype or WhatsApp!
    07-18-16 09:08 PM
    Any idea how you got it into this state? When did you first notice this?

As for fix, clearing data and cache for BlackBerry services and Hub should do it. That's where the database actually lives. You'll be wiping all of your contacts, notes, tasks, calendar and Hub data back to a fresh state though.
    Centerman66 likes this.
    07-18-16 10:09 PM
    The Priv's hub is not as kosher as the original, yeah? Lol. Not helping. I know. Sorry.

Posted via CB10
    07-18-16 10:27 PM
    Clearing cache and data doesn't do any harm and surely helps in some degree, but it doesn't quite magically enable Skype and WhatsApp activity to appear back in the hub. I need to do a deeper reset it seems! Thanks for the help.
    07-18-16 11:22 PM
    Any idea how you got it into this state? When did you first notice this?

As for fix, clearing data and cache for BlackBerry services and Hub should do it. That's where the database actually lives. You'll be wiping all of your contacts, notes, tasks, calendar and Hub data back to a fresh state though.
    Thanks for your help. Do you please know of a way that I can trick the Hub into thinking that I have just recently installed/enabled Skype or WhatsApp? I am worried about uninstalling them... I did learn from apps Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram that you just need to change your password and Hub then considers the account to be new. I am looking to do the same with WhatsApp and Skype too somehow.

Thanks!
    07-18-16 11:36 PM
    You could try signing out of the account in system settings - accounts, but that doesn't work for all the apps.
    07-19-16 06:51 AM
    Thank you, it appears that I have to wipe the data under both hub and blackberry services and be prepared to create the accounts and settings again!
    07-19-16 04:22 PM