Yes, I said at FACTORY/BLACKBERRY Unlocked Priv for $550 + FREE 1 Day shipping..Not a dreadful ATT unlocked but a genuine BB Unlocked phone sold and shipped from Amazon.com! I achieved this with a price match. They don't normally do them, but simply explained there are 10+ more sellers selling the same device for much cheaper around 550 or less. The rep said, "no problem" and did the adjustments. I ended up getting the Priv for $550 total w/ Free 1 Day shipping. Plus ended up using 50 on a gift card and getting it with my Amazon card w/ the 6 month financing w/ no interest.
    My 0 Factory Unlocked  Priv from Amazon just arrived!-img_20160504_124922.jpg
    My 0 Factory Unlocked  Priv from Amazon just arrived!-img_20160504_130309_edit.png

Created by fingering my sexy Blackberry Classic Keyboard..but I think the  Priv wants me to touch her too!
    guido0136, FF22, xKingHopy and 2 others like this.
    05-04-16 01:22 PM
    Yes, I said at FACTORY/BLACKBERRY Unlocked Priv for $550 + FREE 1 Day shipping..Not a dreadful ATT unlocked but a genuine BB Unlocked phone sold and shipped from Amazon.com! I achieved this with a price match. They don't normally do them, but simply explained there are 10+ more sellers selling the same device for much cheaper around 550 or less. The rep said, "no problem" and did the adjustments. I ended up getting the Priv for $550 total w/ Free 1 Day shipping. Plus ended up using 50 on a gift card and getting it with my Amazon card w/ the 6 month financing w/ no interest.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160504_124922.jpg 
Views:	1482 
Size:	69.5 KB 
ID:	398985

Name:	IMG_20160504_130309_edit.png 
Size:	20.5 KB 
ID:	398986

Created by fingering my sexy Blackberry Classic Keyboard..but I think the  Priv wants me to touch her too!
    Good for you , hope you enjoy your new device.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-04-16 01:26 PM
    First order of business: update that thing to Marshmallow. Don't bother with Lollipop.
    05-04-16 01:28 PM

Name:	IMG_20160504_124922.jpg 
Size:	69.5 KB 
ID:	398985

Name:	IMG_20160504_130309_edit.png 
Size:	20.5 KB 
ID:	398986

Good to know... maybe someone looking at the PRIV can do the same. Might can even get them to price match the 10+ sellers that have the PRIV at $450 now.

What is crazy is there are over forty sellers now trying to sell the PRIV from $400 to $700... but right now the $450 - $500 seems to be the sweet spot.
    05-04-16 01:32 PM
    Congrats!!
    05-04-16 01:32 PM
    First order of business: update that thing to Marshmallow. Don't bother with Lollipop.
    You got that right my friend!

05-04-16 01:34 PM
    Good to know... maybe someone looking at the PRIV can do the same. Might can even get them to price match the 10+ sellers that have the PRIV at $450 now.

What is crazy is there are over forty sellers now trying to sell the PRIV from $400 to $700... but right now the $450 - $500 seems to be the sweet spot.
    Trust me I tried lol! At the time the lowest was $479, and they weren't going that low. So for a compromise they said 550 and free 1 day shipping. Which the free 1 day shipping meant everything since we all wanted to know if they were ATT or Factory Unlocked coming from Amazon.com's listing.

05-04-16 01:37 PM
    You got that right my friend!

You know I would go a step further and just go straight to the Marshmallow autoloader, since you don't have anything on it now.
    oakakaemmy likes this.
    05-04-16 01:48 PM
    So what provider does a factory unlocked priv work on? Thinking it's not Verizon, but GSM only?
    05-04-16 01:53 PM
    You know I would go a step further and just go straight to the Marshmallow autoloader, since you don't have anything on it now.
    Shouldn't the Marshmallow Update directly from Blackberry pop up for download when I turn it on and ✔ for updates?

05-04-16 02:03 PM
    So what provider does a factory unlocked priv work on? Thinking it's not Verizon, but GSM only?
    Just Tmobile and ATT I believe. They are the ones that come from shopBB

05-04-16 02:04 PM
    Just Tmobile and ATT I believe. They are the ones that come from shopBB

Of course, guess I figured that. I'm looking forward to the days when phones will be generally unlocked and able to use on any network. We're slowly getting there. iPhones of course but also Nexus and Moto's. We need more choices. Nice to be carrier bloat free. Verizon needs to loosen up on their reins a bit for sure.
    05-04-16 02:10 PM
    How did you get in touch with a Rep to do this? I might try to do this as I have now ordered two Priv's from other sellers that were listed as PRIV by BlackBerry Unlocked Smartphone - Black (U.S. Warranty) but are the AT&T unlocked model. Really starting to get annoyed....
    05-04-16 02:16 PM
    Q: If I get an unlocked Priv through Amazon and plan to use it on AT&T to replace my other phone, 1) do I need to buy the AT&T Sim kit they offer on Amazon, and 2) will a Marshmallow autoloader work, and where do I find it?

I'm used to autoloaders for OS 10 and assume the Android Autoloader works the same way in Windows, but I don't know. No experience at all with Android, only BlackBerry and Apple.

Also, is there a way to transfer my OS 10 data and settings, like old MMS messages and bookmarks, to the Priv?

Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    05-04-16 02:17 PM
    Shouldn't the Marshmallow Update directly from Blackberry pop up for download when I turn it on and ✔ for updates?

Yes but this updates the phone before you even set it up for a cleaner setup.
    05-04-16 02:20 PM
    How did you get in touch with a Rep to do this? I might try to do this as I have now ordered two Priv's from other sellers that were listed as PRIV by BlackBerry Unlocked Smartphone - Black (U.S. Warranty) but are the AT&T unlocked model. Really starting to get annoyed....
    I would def cancel that order! To get to chat with a rep(its a pain lol). Go all the way to the bottom and click "Help", the when the help page pops up go to the search box and type "Contact". When the contact page pops up, then scroll down to "Contact Us". After that page loads, scroll down to the bottom and you will see 3 big buttons that say "Email" "Phone" or "Chat". I chose "Chat" every time I wanted to talk to an Amazon Rep. The email process takes a day or 2 verses a Chat where they can talk to you and look up what you are seeing in real time.

05-04-16 02:53 PM
    Yes but this updates the phone before you even set it up for a cleaner setup.
    I figured since it doesn't come with any carrier bloatware, that I should go ahead and update to Marshmallow before I put in any of my info or set up and accounts?

05-04-16 02:55 PM
    Q: If I get an unlocked Priv through Amazon and plan to use it on AT&T to replace my other phone, 1) do I need to buy the AT&T Sim kit they offer on Amazon, and 2) will a Marshmallow autoloader work, and where do I find it?

I'm used to autoloaders for OS 10 and assume the Android Autoloader works the same way in Windows, but I don't know. No experience at all with Android, only BlackBerry and Apple.

Also, is there a way to transfer my OS 10 data and settings, like old MMS messages and bookmarks, to the Priv?

Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    If you plan to use it on ATT then just stick with the ATT unlocked Privs. The hassle comes in when you want to take it to a different carrier if it's an ATT version. If you are wanting a Factory Unlocked then those are the ones that get the updates directly from Blackberry and don't have to use any autoloaders..unless you want a leaked version

05-04-16 02:57 PM
    I figured since it doesn't come with any carrier bloatware, that I should go ahead and update to Marshmallow before I put in any of my info or set up and accounts?

Don't think it works that way. When I ran my autoloader and back to setup, I didn't get update prompts until I ran the initial setup, then midway restoring my stuff, I got the update prompts.
    05-04-16 03:04 PM
    Don't think it works that way. When I ran my autoloader and back to setup, I didn't get update prompts until I ran the initial setup, then midway restoring my stuff, I got the update prompts.
    Oh ok so basically I'll need to set-up my google play acct etc before I can update? Should be relatively quick since I already have an account on my tablet.

05-04-16 03:18 PM
    Welcome to the club sir . Glad you with us !
    05-04-16 03:37 PM
    Welcome to the club sir . Glad you with us !
    If it would have been $550 6 months ago @ launch, I would have been with you guys sooner lol!

05-04-16 03:46 PM
    Shop BB has never sold the Verizon (or Sprint) BB phones. There must be some non-compete clause that Verizon exacts when agreeing to sell BB phones.

If Amazon does sell a Verizon model, it will be tied to Verizon. Although Verizon phones are unlocked and you can use foreign sims in it but not factory unlocked to allow OS upgrades independent of carrier.
    cbreze likes this.
    05-04-16 03:53 PM
    Oh ok so basically I'll need to set-up my google play acct etc before I can update? Should be relatively quick since I already have an account on my tablet.

Yeah, pretty much. The bulk of the setup though is waiting it to redownload everything and for the Hub to settle. It'll run warm for the first hour or so.
    05-04-16 04:02 PM
    Yeah, pretty much. The bulk of the setup though is waiting it to redownload everything and for the Hub to settle. It'll run warm for the first hour or so.
    Once it starts and doesn't need me to press anything, I won't touch it. I'm in no rush, I'll continue to use my Classic until it settles.

05-04-16 04:08 PM
84 123 ...