Is there an elegant way to be able to move all text messages from one phone to another, either with the same number or a different number?

Even if it takes a service or app to do it? Especially if that service or app makes daily use of texting more efficient at the same time.

Thanks.
    05-17-16 02:59 AM
    i use SMS Backup and Restore. You are going to need an app for that
    FF22 likes this.
    05-17-16 05:37 AM
    Elegant? No. But an SMS backup app will work
    05-17-16 06:53 AM
    i use SMS Backup and Restore. You are going to need an app for that
    Which do you prefer -- by which dev, please? I see a few with similar names.

Thanks!
    05-18-16 07:43 PM
    Which do you prefer -- by which dev, please? I see a few with similar names.

Thanks!
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...oggles.smssync
    05-18-16 07:57 PM
    Thanks.

I'm hoping jaydee5799 will tell me what she uses, too. (Note that I don't use Gmail or Gmail's calendar, by the way, for whatever that might mean.)
    05-18-16 08:00 PM
    Thanks.

I'm hoping jaydee5799 will tell me what she uses, too. (Note that I don't use Gmail or Gmail's calendar, by the way, for whatever that might mean.)
    SMS Backup and Restore, by Carbonite...worked great for me

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-18-16 10:25 PM
    SMS Backup and Restore, by Carbonite...worked great for me

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Great! Thanks! That looks like the one I've been hearing about and looking for.

I'm not clear on what to do with it, though. I'm trying to backup the text messages (and call logs) from my Classic so I can then move them to the new PRIV I'm getting. Problem is that the only way I see to use SMS Backup and Restore is to download it to your Android phone from the Google Play Store -- which of course my (stock) Classic is probably not going to do very smoothly.

I assume this runs locally on the phone, not from my desktop. So I need to install it on the Classic before I can back up the texts/logs from it.

What am I missing, please?

Thanks again!

EDIT: Their FAQ page on how to back up messages from various makes of phones doesn't even mention BlackBerry: https://www.carbonite.com/en/apps/ca...phone-android/
    Last edited by classact; 05-19-16 at 02:19 AM.
    05-18-16 11:44 PM
    Content Transfer (which I mentioned in another context) can move Text from bb10 to the Priv but I believe it is limited to 3,500 messages (someone can correct me). It worked for me since I have only about 80 text messages.

But, yes, you'd probably need an App or Apps on both ends. One to move/copy/whatever from bb10 device and another to import to the Priv.
    05-19-16 08:12 AM