Hi All,
    I have been using my Z10 for 3 years now, for me it is the best phone ever made. the B10 + the BB HUB are years a head of the android / iphone software and everytime I use one of my friends phone I simply can't understand how they work.

However, it might be time to move on, the APP situation isn't helping and a stronger phone might be a smart move before mine dies.

So, for theones here that are using the Priv, my main question is about the HUB as this is the main feature I am most reluctant to give up.

Is the Priv HUB the same as the BB10 OS with all features and all benefits?
    I have 1 gmail account, 2 exchange accounts and all the usuall - facebook, twitter, whatsup, sms etc...

Thanks for your answers!
    03-01-16 04:20 AM
    You would have to read a bit on this but no. The Priv hub is not like BB10. in fact neither is the Priv operating system. Your choices are go Android with the Priv and leave BB10 behind or keep your Z10....

everything is going to be different. Not difficult. Just different.
    IndianTiwari likes this.
    03-01-16 05:37 AM
    The Priv is different but once you get used to the device it gets better and better. Change is inevitable, change is good. Go for it and you will not regret.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    03-01-16 05:49 AM
    Hi All,
    I have been using my Z10 for 3 years now, for me it is the best phone ever made. the B10 + the BB HUB are years a head of the android / iphone software and everytime I use one of my friends phone I simply can't understand how they work.

However, it might be time to move on, the APP situation isn't helping and a stronger phone might be a smart move before mine dies.

So, for theones here that are using the Priv, my main question is about the HUB as this is the main feature I am most reluctant to give up.

Is the Priv HUB the same as the BB10 OS with all features and all benefits?
    I have 1 gmail account, 2 exchange accounts and all the usuall - facebook, twitter, whatsup, sms etc...

Thanks for your answers!
    I was in exactly your situation, but my z10 was running out of memory and was getting very slow. Battery was an issue even with a spare and an external charger. I'm very satisfied with this phone and it will keep getting better, just as your z10 did 3 years ago. The Hub doesn't have all of the customization that the bb10 hub did, but it has improved with updates. I have exchange, Gmail (personal accounts), linked in, and Facebook that all work flawlessly with the Hub . . . . and the phone has yet to freeze or lag. Best of luck to you!

Enjoying the Priv
    03-01-16 06:22 AM
    I have taken up the Priv after coming from Passport. Initially for two weeks Passport remained my daily driver but now I am comfortable using the Priv as my main device. Jaydee rightly pointed out the hub is different than the BlackBerry 10 Hub but the device runs extremely well on the android. The VKB and Slider PKB is a unique experience. It is time to move on and Priv is the right device . I am throughly enjoying the android BlackBerry .

Blackberry Priv on Etisalat 4G Network
    03-01-16 06:27 AM
    I am happy with the hub now . I have 3 emails, whatsapp, sms (go sms pro), call log
    I wish they would integrate fb messenger (I don't use fb only the messenger)
    03-01-16 06:36 AM
    The Priv's Hub doesn't integrate as well into the OS as the BB10 counterpart did. On Android, it is just another app, basically a mail client, which gets installed. On BB10, the Hub was more or less a baked-in part of the OS. So of course there are some limitations which are worth reading into.

Most noteworthy are double-notifications through apps, WhatsApp for example: You get a new message there, answer or read it, but the Hub still shows a new WhatsApp message as long as you click on it inside the Hub.
    Also that "inside out" philosophy of BB10 is gone in Android. So the application doesn't open inside the Hub, but rather launch it directly.

The Priority Hub feature is also gone, at least for now, I am not sure if it will ever make a comeback or not. Personally I have to admit I never really used it back on my BB10 phones.

I think in the end it is fair to conclude: Is the Android Hub inferiour? Yes it is. Is it a reason not to buy? No, it is not - at least not for me. I mainly use the Hub for mails and don't miss that original, fully featured Hub too much. I adapted to the way Android handles messaging.
    03-01-16 07:33 AM
    Priv hub is not as good as BlackBerry 10. That's why I carry my Passport and a Priv. Apps + bb10 = supreme mobile overlord capability.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2876
    03-01-16 07:36 AM
    The hub is not that bad on the priv at all. You just have to get used to tapping in instead of sliding in. I always have it in my open apps or whatever pressing the square button does.

03-01-16 08:27 AM
    The Priv's Hub doesn't integrate as well into the OS as the BB10 counterpart did. On Android, it is just another app, basically a mail client, which gets installed. On BB10, the Hub was more or less a baked-in part of the OS. So of course there are some limitations which are worth reading into.

Most noteworthy are double-notifications through apps, WhatsApp for example: You get a new message there, answer or read it, but the Hub still shows a new WhatsApp message as long as you click on it inside the Hub.
    Also that "inside out" philosophy of BB10 is gone in Android. So the application doesn't open inside the Hub, but rather launch it directly.

The Priority Hub feature is also gone, at least for now, I am not sure if it will ever make a comeback or not. Personally I have to admit I never really used it back on my BB10 phones.

I think in the end it is fair to conclude: Is the Android Hub inferiour? Yes it is. Is it a reason not to buy? No, it is not - at least not for me. I mainly use the Hub for mails and don't miss that original, fully featured Hub too much. I adapted to the way Android handles messaging.
    Totally agreed , just to add that the ''double notification' ' issue is only on text and whatsapp and not on the emails. Also unfortunately is not yet integrated in the hub the Facebook messenger.
    Overall is not bad but certainly inferior of what we knew on BlackBerry 10.
    03-01-16 01:56 PM
    I'm hoping once they get rid of the BlackBerry 10 os they will incorporate all BlackBerry 10 into the android os

03-01-16 02:05 PM
    Thanks everyone, your input is both appreciated and helpful, will probably move to priv eventually but will let my Z10 die before I do that
    03-02-16 05:34 AM
    My wife hates her Priv and wants to go back to Passport..its so hard to set anything on the Priv. Calendar is terrible.
    Moving to Priv, is the Priv Hub same as the BB10 OS?-img_20160302_191916.jpg

Passport SE
    03-02-16 06:21 AM
    My wife hates her Priv and wants to go back to Passport..its so hard to set anything on the Priv. Calendar is terrible.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160302_191916.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	29.2 KB 
ID:	392980

Passport SE
    What do you mean? You can't add appointments?

Posted via CB10
    03-02-16 07:42 AM
    Most carriers offer a 14 day return policy. I'd strongly suggest, taking your carrier up on that offer...
    03-02-16 07:42 AM
    You can change the view to day/week if you'd prefer..
    03-02-16 08:27 AM
    I went from a Z10 (had for nearly 3 years) to the Priv and am loving it. The Hub on the Priv satisfies me. I run 9 emails addresses in it, plus Facebook, Textra (sms), and Twitter. Now that I set the left and right swipe to my most used features (delete and mark read), I'm faster on this Hub than on my Z10.

Textra and Facebook apps will launch when I click on them within the Hub, but it doesn't bother me.

I find myself overall more efficient on the Priv than I was on BB10, mostly because there are apps I can now use and they run properly. Some things aren't as fast as BB10 was, but other things more than make up for it for how I use my phone.
    03-02-16 08:36 AM
    Poor calendar integration with hub. On bb10 you can reply anything with an appointment, and calendar is super easy to use. On Priv you can do similar action, but you can't See the notes on the appointment. Also less option on the email view/3dots.
    Priv hub doesn't have attachments view, so finding files is difficult, let alone moving /forwarding it to whatsapp or other email. New Outlook app has recent files view, so why can't Priv Hub have this, I am not sure.
    I just start playing with it today. It is warm also.
    It's probably 30% of BB10..nowhere near as fluid.

Passport SE
    Last edited by sportline; 03-02-16 at 07:42 PM.
    03-02-16 08:46 AM