Now that the spec's are firm, and the KeyONE has apparently been handled by a few folks. How many are definitly going to switch from Priv? Doubt I'll be doing so, but would really like to hear from those that do.
    03-03-17 10:16 AM
    Now that the spec's are firm, and the KeyONE has apparently been handled by a few folks. How many are definitly going to switch from Priv? Doubt I'll be doing so, but would really like to hear from those that do.
    It's already a thread on pretty much the same topic https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...-priv-1101231/
    03-03-17 10:46 AM
    I'm well aware of it, there are a couple here, and I've posted in them.
    I posted this in the KeyONE forum, aimed specifically at KeyONE users or those who were definitely going to switch. Fred Madden moved it here. I've tried PM'ing him, but it doesn't seem to be sending.

If there are any moderators reading this, if it doesn't go back to the KeyONE forum, you might as well delete the whole thing.
    03-03-17 11:02 AM
    I'm well aware of it, there are a couple here, and I've posted in them.
    I posted this in the KeyONE forum, aimed specifically at KeyONE users or those who were definitely going to switch. Fred Madden moved it here. I've tried PM'ing him, but it doesn't seem to be sending.

If there are any moderators reading this, if it doesn't go back to the KeyONE forum, you might as well delete the whole thing.
    You could try hitting the "yield/caution" icon and report the thread and maybe get another Mod to move the thread back. Explain you were asking in the Keyone forum and NOT priv.
    03-03-17 12:17 PM
    OK, I reported it.
    And Fred responded, before I reported it,saying that since nobody had a KeyOne yet, it belonged in Priv forum, So apparently sending PM's is working, even though they don't show up in the sent folder. But replying to a PM isn't working.
    03-03-17 01:15 PM
    This thread is fine in this forum. No need to move it back. There arent any KEYone owners anyway so your question is directly at PRIV owners only right now as it is.
    03-03-17 01:16 PM
    This thread is fine in this forum. No need to move it back. There arent any KEYone owners anyway so your question is directly at PRIV owners only right now as it is.
    Except that it is totally redundant over here.
    And I may have jumped the gun, I thought it was going on sale middle of this month.
    03-03-17 01:18 PM
    OK, I reported it.
    And Fred responded, before I reported it,saying that since nobody had a KeyOne yet, it belonged in Priv forum, So apparently sending PM's is working, even though they don't show up in the sent folder. But replying to a PM isn't working.
    It sounds like you need to enable "Save a copy of sent messages in my Sent Items folder by default" under Settings > General Settings. That would be whay you aren't seeing the PM's you sent or reply to.
    Wezard likes this.
    03-03-17 01:19 PM
    It sounds like you need to enable "Save a copy of sent messages in my Sent Items folder by default" under Settings > General Settings. That would be whay you aren't seeing the PM's you sent or reply to.
    Thank You, it was enabled on the old CB, seems like it should have been enabled by default, or at least the setting carried over.
    Email notifications of quoted posts was on by default, took me a bit to figure out why I was suddenly getting a c**p load of emails. And how to stop it.

Maybe that will work, still says I have 20 saved, but 0 in the folder. And I did remember to scroll all the way to bottom and save settings.
    03-03-17 01:31 PM
    Not here. It's ugly.
    03-03-17 01:41 PM
    I'm seriously thinking about it. Oddly enough, the keyboard is the one thing I am hesitant about. I have never had a PKB only device.
    03-03-17 02:29 PM
    Thank You, it was enabled on the old CB, seems like it should have been enabled by default, or at least the setting carried over.
    Email notifications of quoted posts was on by default, took me a bit to figure out why I was suddenly getting a c**p load of emails. And how to stop it.

Maybe that will work, still says I have 20 saved, but 0 in the folder. And I did remember to scroll all the way to bottom and save settings.
    They'll start saving now, since you enabled the setting. You can send me a test to check, if you like.
    03-03-17 02:45 PM
    Since the thread is already started, I will say as a lover/collector of keyboard phones I am intrigued. The Priv did kind of scratch my itch to try BlackBerry's take on android, but who am I kidding, like 90% of the readers on here I'm a sucker for new phones so eventually I'll have it in the lineup.
    Wezard, FF22 and jakie55 like this.
    03-03-17 03:42 PM
    They'll start saving now, since you enabled the setting. You can send me a test to check, if you like.
    No need, I'll assume the setting does what it says it will do, and take your word for it.
    That prob means Fred got 3 messages from me, oh well, he's a big boy. And I did pre-apologize in the third one, just in case.
    03-03-17 04:10 PM
    I am NOT "definitely" switching. Before the official unveiling at MWC I was, but after hearing the price I'm now in the fence. My threshold is $500 and under. Roast me if you want since it's a niche device and all of the awesome flagship devices are $700+, but that's just my personal preference.
    Wezard likes this.
    03-03-17 04:32 PM
    I will definitely switch ! I prefer the all time available physical keyboard !
    More seems that the battery of the KEYone will last for a full day due to the bigger battery and more efficient processor .
    03-03-17 06:58 PM
    I am for sure. Have a OG PP that will be leaving the nest soon (hopefully) and will use my Priv/Note 5 combo until the K1 is released.
    03-03-17 11:35 PM
    Definitely not. I'm spoiled by Priv's beautiful curved QHD AMOLED so I'm really not into replacing it with a smaller LCD. And aside from that and probably battery life, there is little difference between them.

New all-purpose (i.e. work and "play" in one) slider is what I'm waiting for. Priv serves me more than fine so I'm in no hurry. Hopefully at the next MWC they deliver something more to my taste...
    Wezard likes this.
    03-04-17 02:01 AM
    03-04-17 08:48 PM
    Sticking with the Priv. Very disappointed with the KEYone screen specs: LED • 1080p • 4.5".
    03-04-17 08:50 PM
    Not in need of a replacement and I really like having the option of either keyboard. Both are great and I'm comfortable with either now. Prior to the priv I was only comfortable with the vkb. I am trying to learn how to use the pkb with one hand . Not real easy. I can use the vkb that way so I'm set
    FF22 likes this.
    03-04-17 09:03 PM
    Why would one downgrade to the keyONE from PRIV to have a lesser camera, same RAM, smaller screen & exposed PKB I predict to succumb to the car keys too soon... I don't see it in my future...
    Last edited by patapoof; 03-12-17 at 08:18 AM.
    03-05-17 12:45 AM
    Why would one downgrade to the keyóNE from PRIV to have a lesser Cameras, same RAM, smaller screen & exposed PKB I predict to succumb to the car keys too soon... I don't Dee it in my future...
    It feels like a downgrade to me also. Not willing to sacrifice less screen real estate for a slightly better keyboard and better front facing camera...
    03-05-17 08:44 AM
    Why would one downgrade to the keyóNE from PRIV to have a lesser Cameras, same RAM, smaller screen & exposed PKB I predict to succumb to the car keys too soon... I don't Dee it in my future...
    Ahh I see you are one of those who thinks the bigger the number the better it is hey? Megapixel size doesn't determine the quality of the camera.
    howarmat, bigedschukar and WT44 like this.
    03-05-17 08:57 AM
    the Camera in the KEYone is probably the close to the best on the market. But go ahead and bash BB with clueless statements, its the common thing for people to do these days so I understand.
    Bob80220 and WT44 like this.
    03-05-17 09:12 AM
39 12