I don't care how many megapixels or whoever is this "Schneider Kreuznach" which is written BIG on that camera bezel, I hope they integrate it with a BETTER quality insides!
    Most interesting is that LENS!-blackberry-venice-leak-6.jpg

Posted via CB10
    astrodan13 and FF22 like this.
    09-21-15 03:09 AM
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schneider_Kreuznach seems good

Sent from a note4 using Tapatalk
    ayngling and IndianTiwari like this.
    09-21-15 03:16 AM
    Not who but a company
    http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schneider%20Kreuznach

Quit hating, Start appreciating! Android is good and BlackBerry10 is good! 그만 싸웁시다
    09-21-15 03:18 AM
    A german lense and a german BlackBerry store... sure sounds like September 23rd is a go. Mark that on your calender ladies and gentlemen
    astrodan13 and nonamenomore like this.
    09-21-15 03:23 AM
    ... and the dual color flash...

It's like BlackBerry put all the components users might want for a high-end device.
    AnimalPak200 and astrodan13 like this.
    09-21-15 03:37 AM
    Have anyone tried taking some photosphere pictures through android? The pictures look similar to what you see on street view through Google maps.

I was in Germany for a bit and managed to take a few 360 degree pictures which look amazing.

Hopefully this camera makes it easier to do more of that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
    astrodan13 likes this.
    09-21-15 04:11 AM
    It's just a licensing deal with Schneider. That's not a bad thing. BlackBerry spent the money to license the name which means (hopefully) that there will be some marketing around it.

Posted via CB10
    astrodan13 likes this.
    09-21-15 05:08 AM
    Remember the "smart" partnerships BlackBerry was trying to forge?

Besides foxconn, google, samsung and the ones we know, I guess this lens maker is one of these new partnerships.

Now to discover who makes the camera sensor.

I hope it's aptina.

Posted via CB10
    09-21-15 06:25 AM
    That lens sticks out from the rest of the rear surface. Everytime a user puts it down, the first to make an impact will be that lens. Considering that humans are emotional creatures there will be times when a user puts that phone down in a not so soft or careful manner. That lens will take a beating. Will it last?
    Omahahaha likes this.
    09-21-15 09:57 AM
    That lens sticks out from the rest of the rear surface. Everytime a user puts it down, the first to make an impact will be that lens. Considering that humans are emotional creatures there will be times when a user puts that phone down in a not so soft or careful manner. That lens will take a beating. Will it last?
    Every new smartphone is designed this way. The passport is no exception.
    There is a giant bezel around the lens. I don't think you need to be concerned
    09-21-15 10:05 AM
    It's just a licensing deal with Schneider. That's not a bad thing. BlackBerry spent the money to license the name which means (hopefully) that there will be some marketing around it.

Posted via CB10
    Schneider is far more like Lucas in its licensing than Krusty the Clown. The optics must meet a certain set of criteria.
    deadcowboy likes this.
    09-21-15 10:21 AM
    Schneider is far more like Lucas in its licensing than Krusty the Clown. The optics must meet a certain set of criteria.
    I'm not saying the camera is bad. I hope it's great! I'm just saying that people should not expect that the lens was designed by Schneider.

There are some junky THX branded products out there too.

Posted via CB10
    09-21-15 10:31 AM
    Apparently No OIS. Not too shaby!

Posted via Blackberry Passport
    09-21-15 10:37 AM
    Anyone know who makes the cameras for samsung and apple? They've got the best cameras in the market right now.

Posted via CB10
    09-21-15 10:38 AM
    Anyone know who makes the cameras for samsung and apple? They've got the best cameras in the market right now.

Posted via CB10
    Sony - mostly

09-21-15 10:48 AM
    Sony - mostly

The current galaxy series use samsung's own sensor

Posted via CB10
    09-21-15 10:50 AM
    The current galaxy series use samsung's own sensor

Posted via CB10
    Samsung S6 Edge and plain come with both sensors: Sony and Samsung. Note 5 the same.

09-21-15 10:58 AM
    Sony - mostly

And yet the camera on my Sony z3c is not all that great

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
    09-21-15 11:24 AM
    In android land there is some tough competitions regarding cameras. The bar is pretty high. Let's hope Venice is on par.

astrodan13 likes this.
    09-21-15 12:26 PM
    I don't know much about lenses/camera. What's the big deal with this Schneider lens - I haven't actually heard of this company before. Carl Zeiss that Sony uses, I thought, was best of best, I thought.
    09-21-15 02:58 PM
    I'm not saying the camera is bad. I hope it's great! I'm just saying that people should not expect that the lens was designed by Schneider.

There are some junky THX branded products out there too. Posted via CB10
    True. But typically you do very well picking out THX branded speakers. Or you used to.
    09-21-15 03:01 PM
    And not to derail the thread, but I think the DAC is a far more interesting tidbit. The choice is far more indicative of a manufacturer's desire to produce a top end device.
    09-21-15 03:03 PM
    I don't know much about lenses/camera. What's the big deal with this Schneider lens - I haven't actually heard of this company before. Carl Zeiss that Sony uses, I thought, was best of best, I thought.
    Not Sony but Nokia/Microsoft for smartphones and Sony for some compact cameras and some DSLR as an option.

09-21-15 04:04 PM
    They're a classic and prestigious, German, cinema and large format still lens maker.

Not Sony but Nokia/Microsoft for smartphones and Sony for some compact cameras and some DSLR as an option.
    Right. I believe Sony designates their mobile phone lenses as having their own "G" lenses. Zeiss for their high end photo glass. So confusing how all the name licensing works.

Posted via CB10
    09-21-15 04:28 PM
    Samsung has had the best cameras because they have been writing the drivers themselves and optimising them as best as possible.

http://seekingalpha.com/article/2976...e-quality-jump

This is a truly nice article showing that the latest android drivers and APIS are going to provide a massive jump in picture quality across all I android devices.

I am quite happy about the licensing choice. BlackBerry itself is not a great name and is starting over with high class devices, showing off niche companies which are themselves best-in-class.

Everyone heard of Carl Zeiss...... it's boring.... noone heard of an Oscar winning lens manufacturer....

Posted via CB10
    ayngling likes this.
    09-21-15 05:03 PM
43 12