Overall, a pretty interesting review. She admits to the keyboard feeling a bit cramped as she has large fingers, especially when compared to a Passport's keyboard. But she seems to like the device.
    11-27-15 11:36 PM
    I tend to shy away from you tube posts on anything as I find most presentations are not at the professional level.

Michael's presentations are always ace.

вιaсĸвεггч� ᕵяiv (STV100-3 Rogers Wireless)via CB for Android 5.1.1
    11-28-15 02:36 AM
    I usually like Lisa Gade's reviews on Mobiletechreview, however I felt she was too "gloom and doom" about BlackBerry. Guess what? There still are BlackBerry loyalists who love pkb's and haven't given up on the company. I like Mobile Syrup's review better as it seems like they really have the phone some solid time.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-28-15 04:26 AM
    My issues with reviews are that, I feel the reviewer would present differently if THEY purchased the device. Whereas merely being given one or handed one temporarily to review, I almost feel it sways their review slightly (good or bad)...
    lift likes this.
    11-28-15 05:43 AM
    My issues with reviews are that, I feel the reviewer would present differently if THEY purchased the device. Whereas merely being given one or handed one temporarily to review, I almost feel it sways their review slightly (good or bad)...
    That's completely backwards. Being given one should help make the review more impartial.
    11-28-15 07:32 AM
    What makes these people authorities on phones anyway? Most of the time they get specs wrong or don't understand the features or complain about issues that have already been resolved. They do a half-assed analysis that I could do trying out the demo in the store. It seems everyone with an internet connection can be a reviewer these days.

11-28-15 08:04 AM
    I mean it depends on what you expect out of a review. Honestly, my favorite reviews are the "xx days later" or "xx months" later where the phone is actually used as a daily driver. My two cents, if you want a good Android phone it's either the Priv or the 6P. The Priv is a more interesting phone to me given all of those little BlackBerry intangibles. And you know what? The Android Hub really isn't that bad. Yes, there is no pinch to see unread, but I do like the swipe down to quickly seems your calendar events. There are just some many discouraging reviews on the Priv and yet from my experience it's actually made me quite happy. I do get cramps typing fast on the Priv's pkb vs my old Passport's. *sadness*
    11-28-15 08:21 AM
    Mobiletech is my go to for YouTube reviews. They do awesome in depth reviews. They don't do rushed, cookie cutter, " 2 gigabytes of ram" reviews like MKBHD.

Posted via CB10
    11-28-15 09:45 AM
    What makes these people authorities on phones anyway? Most of the time they get specs wrong or don't understand the features or complain about issues that have already been resolved. They do a half-assed analysis that I could do trying out the demo in the store. It seems everyone with an internet connection can be a reviewer these days.

Well step up and give us the professional review that so many of these other reviewers are according to you, lacking.
    11-28-15 01:57 PM
    Well step up and give us the professional review that so many of these other reviewers are according to you, lacking.
    None of these reviews are professional. They are from bloggers and amateur writers with opinions. That's it.
    It not like any of these reviews have come from a professional analysts consulting firm.
    Would any reputable business take advice to run their business from a blogger or amateur writer? Absolutely not..

Posted from my Priv!
    11-28-15 02:08 PM
    None of these reviews are professional. They are from bloggers and amateur writers with opinions. That's it.
    It not like any of these reviews have come from a professional analysts consulting firm.
    Would any reputable business take advice to run their business from a blogger or amateur writer? Absolutely not..

Posted from my Priv!
    Yeah that's what reviews are. If you don't like them don't read them and certainly don't complain about them.
    AllanQuatermain likes this.
    11-28-15 02:09 PM

Posted from my Priv!
    probably not but then again we are looking to purchase a phone and not running a business...
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    11-28-15 02:11 PM
    I usually like Lisa Gade's reviews on Mobiletechreview, however I felt she was too "gloom and doom" about BlackBerry. Guess what? There still are BlackBerry loyalists who love pkb's and haven't given up on the company. I like Mobile Syrup's review better as it seems like they really have the phone some solid time.

I don't think doom and gloom is what she is trying to convey. It is a fact that PKB is now a niche market, just as long as is a market that is being served then I'm okay with it.

Her review is par with others, good spec sheet but software needs work.
    11-28-15 02:48 PM

No idea how you took that from the review. Same story as pretty much every other review. Solid hardware, software needs to mature.

Posted via CB10
    11-28-15 03:14 PM
    No idea how you took that from the review. Same story as pretty much every other review. Solid hardware, software needs to mature.

Posted via CB10
    She made several mentions to how she felt the majority of people have moved on from BlackBerry and the pkb's which is a little different from what the other reviewers said [e.g. Techno Buffalo]. Sure, it's minor but I got the impression that she feels the Priv is a moot point in the mobile industry.
    11-28-15 05:59 PM
    Does Priv work with the Apple Watch on her right hand?
    11-28-15 08:08 PM
    Does Priv work with the Apple Watch on her right hand?
    Taking this seriously, no the Apple Watch is not compatible with the Android ecosystem and as an Apple Watch owner, I have yet to see a work-around.
    11-28-15 08:55 PM
    This video does little new and the opinion about whether anyone would come back to BlackBerry running android is, in a word, stupid. Do all android users only buy devices from the same vendor? A Samsung user will never buy a nexus or lg or BlackBerry for that matter? It shows the same kind of lack of objectivity that irritates me. I'm not interested in the device, but hearing the same laundry list of specs and the thousandth review of the 808 SOC is tiresome. If this video was produced on Nov 8th, fine... But otherwise, if it can be said about BlackBerry, it can be said about device reviews: too little, too late.
    11-28-15 11:00 PM
    The only reviews worth paying attention to are here at CrackBerry or Berry Flow. Other reviewers are typically shills pandering for crapple, so you can't get a legitimate review from anybody aside from the reliable sources I just mentioned. The work CrackBerry and Berry Flow do is great. Love it.

There is such a 'bullying' feeling around most tech reviewers when it comes to BlackBerry. They are basically muscling for crapple every chance they get and hunting for clicks based on negativity towards BlackBerry or anything noncrapple. Bullies love to stand around and kick people when their down. Yes, people, BlackBerry represents many people's lives.

Lots of Android users seem to enjoy the PRIV, which is great! Just can't really trust very many reviews otherwise.

Didn't even click on this one. Ha! It might be great, might not be, I don't need to know.

I actually have never relied on somebody else's review to make a purchase because I can make up my own mind. However, I do appreciate quality reviews.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by buckwylder; 11-28-15 at 11:26 PM.
    11-28-15 11:10 PM
    Bunch of crybabies here.

And these "amateurs" have more knowledge and experience than these unseen "pros" from these unicorn firms.

I've seen many reviewers get the specs wrong but its a simple mistake. Some of these guys are already in a flow when recording and some will correct themselves while recording or edit in the correction. Again....a simple mistake. Just something for you to nit pick since you don't like a certain review

Pretty sure if a reviewer praised the priv but still said "2 gigs of ram" most of you wouldn't even care.
    11-28-15 11:43 PM
    This video does little new and the opinion about whether anyone would come back to BlackBerry running android is, in a word, stupid. Do all android users only buy devices from the same vendor? A Samsung user will never buy a nexus or lg or BlackBerry for that matter? It shows the same kind of lack of objectivity that irritates me. I'm not interested in the device, but hearing the same laundry list of specs and the thousandth review of the 808 SOC is tiresome. If this video was produced on Nov 8th, fine... But otherwise, if it can be said about BlackBerry, it can be said about device reviews: too little, too late.
    I do get your point. I have had many BlackBerries throughout the years. Have they been competitive? Hell no. But there is a unique user experience to owning them. In my experience working in the health care field, no phone user experience in my subjective opinion comes close. On paper, BlackBerry really should have failed a long time ago when it took them a year to bring out BB10. That was absolutely embarrassing. But here we are in 2015 talking about an Android BlackBerry as some sort of last stand. Why Android users are so spec crazy, I will never understand. I guess what I'm saying is, I can justify being a "sheep" if the brand offers in software tweets and overall function appeals to me. Off topic and I apologize.
    11-29-15 03:41 AM
    I'm cracking up at all these posts saying Lisa Gade is an "amateur." She's ALWAYS had fair and unbiased BB reviews, and she's been doing this for YEARS. I remember watching her review of the 8900 for crying out loud. She's probably been reviewing BlackBerrys before some people here have even been using them! I platform hop quite a bit and no matter what device I'm looking at I always look forward to her reviews.
    11-29-15 08:35 AM
    I'm cracking up at all these posts saying Lisa Gade is an "amateur." She's ALWAYS had fair and unbiased BB reviews, and she's been doing this for YEARS. I remember watching her review of the 8900 for crying out loud. She's probably been reviewing BlackBerrys before some people here have even been using them! I platform hop quite a bit and no matter what device I'm looking at I always look forward to her reviews.
    I concur...
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    11-29-15 09:08 AM
    The only reviews worth paying attention to are here at CrackBerry or Berry Flow.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah because those reviews aren't at all biased...
    11-29-15 09:17 AM
    My favourite line in the entire review:

"... though it would be a little... kind of classist, elitist, and obnoxious to say it stands for privilege...."

So true.

Anyways, Lisa Gade is my go-to reviewer. She's thorough and usually pretty objective.

I think, given the dearth of physical keyboards on android devices in the last couple of years, all anyone can do is speculate on whether users still want them or not. Lisa expressed doubt. Jerry Hildenbrand over at android central couldn't wait for another physical keyboarded device and said this is one of the best two devices available. But both of their opinions are based on what they want now. Lisa became happy with tapping away on glass. Jerry never did. The rest of us? They don't know, so I guess we'll all find out when BlackBerry tells us how they've sold.
    pantlesspenguin and Doggerz like this.
    11-29-15 10:01 AM
42 12