Is it just me or has Vodafone still not pushed out MM on the Priv? I got mine from the CPW unlocked but still nothing.
    I know I can get an O2 sim to force the update, but that's beside the point. Why do Vodafone need to take so long?

on my Priv
    05-23-16 04:49 AM
    If you want to know for sure you are better off calling their service hotline. I got my contract Priv from Vodafone aswell but had no updates. After putting an o2 sim card into the slot the MM update showed up immediately.

Posted via the Priv running 'the Google'
    05-23-16 05:51 AM
    EE are also lagging behind. I ended up using the autoloader software to update my phone to MM using my PC.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-23-16 06:48 AM
    No they haven't. If you Google their community forum (Priv and Marshmallow) you'll see they deny having any role in sending out 'firmware'. They say it is entirely a BlackBerry issue and they have no role in it at all.

05-23-16 07:57 AM
    Still no MM update on the Priv for Vodafone sim owners
    This explanation is on their website forum:
    https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Andr...e/td-p/2495075

From what I understand Vodafone are saying it is Blackberry or CPW fault. Not theirs. Which to me does not make sense as other carriers have their update in the UK - why would BB single out Vodafone (the 1st UK carrier to stock the Priv)?

Anyway interesting debate to read on who to blame....
    05-24-16 04:45 PM
    What do others make of the Vodafone argument? They say the carrier has no part to play in rolling out 'firmware'. They say there must be something different about the BlackBerry phones which Vodafone sells, such as the build number.

05-24-16 04:54 PM
    Well, I've posted in that Vodafone forum mentioned - and if the 2 Privs we've got 'are different ' and not capable of upgrading, then Vodafone shouldn't be offering them in the first place. Complete wash of people's time.

Posted via CB10
    05-24-16 05:57 PM
    So since reading that Vodafone forum I have decided that it is unlikely that MM update will be coming any time soon. If I was Vodafone I would want to know why the update is not being pushed out to my subscribers / customers and would not just answer 'its blackberry or CPW fault', nothing to do with us... Since they are not even trying to understand the issue, I think the Priv update won't come for a while.
    I just popped in my work phone O2 sim and picked up the update instantly. Simples

I am annoyed with Vodafone though; i initially went to them because their Red package looked quite good, especially i you get Sky Sports Mobile for the year as well. Unfortunately when I tried to download my 'free' Sky Sports Mobile i was told that the app was incompatible with the Priv! Vodafone wouldn't refund me or let me leave without paying up the year that i subscribed to. I ended up taking Netflix as my 'freebie'. Not a good start. And now the MM rubbish.

Will be going back to O2 at the end of the Vodafone year. Oh and the coverage is better too on O2.
    05-24-16 06:07 PM
    We unfortunately I've had to to order return packs for our Privs. Vodafone UK shouldn't even be offering this phone if they're not going to update the bloody thing, why would we want a contract for a phone which is already out of date..! What UK carriers contract Privs and do the updates folks? - there's a couple of new customers here..

Posted via CB10
    05-25-16 02:31 AM
    I've been writing on that forum too. They are blaming BlackBerry for the delays. I bought my Priv from CPW, use a Vodafone sim but used an O2 sim card to get the update then put the other one back in. Vodafone seems uninterested in customers' dissatisfaction.

05-25-16 02:43 AM
    Ok, thanks. So if we actually kept these phones we'd need to get an 02 sim to update? How much does that cost? Presumably we'd be as well just moving over to 02 then?

Posted via CB10
    05-25-16 02:48 AM
    Cost me just �10, lasts for a month I think.

05-25-16 03:08 AM
    Ok thanks. Would this work in a Vodafone branded handset though? Yours is CPW is that correct?

Posted via CB10
    05-25-16 03:12 AM
    Ok, thanks. So if we actually kept these phones we'd need to get an 02 sim to update? How much does that cost? Presumably we'd be as well just moving over to 02 then?

Posted via CB10
    Sounds like if you borrowed one from a friend for about an hour or so, you could do the MM update?????
    05-25-16 08:05 AM
    I'm on Vodafone UK and received notification that a software upgrade was available earlier today.

I assumed it would be MM.

Phone said downloading then ready to install. Pressed OK but nothing since. About phone still has me on 5.1.1

Any ideas?

05-25-16 11:45 AM
    Yes I got the update notice too. Got home and it had disappeared! Phone tells me I'm on MM 6.0.1 which I had got previously via O2 sim card.

05-25-16 12:21 PM
    I'm on Vodafone UK and received notification that a software upgrade was available earlier today.

I assumed it would be MM.

Phone said downloading then ready to install. Pressed OK but nothing since. About phone still has me on 5.1.1

Any ideas?

You can try looking for it. Main Settings, About, top option - check for updates. See if anything turns up. If not, one trick that has worked for some people is to change the date on your phone ahead a day or two and check again. May or may not work.
    05-25-16 01:13 PM
    Have you tried updating using the autoloader software, from a PC rather than OTA? I did that on my EE phone because they were being slow releasing Marshmallow.

05-25-16 01:15 PM
    You can try looking for it. Main Settings, About, top option - check for updates. See if anything turns up. If not, one trick that has worked for some people is to change the date on your phone ahead a day or two and check again. May or may not work.
    Yes. Have run the check for updates a couple of times since and rebooted the phone just in case.

Will leave it and see what happens. And of course keep an eye on this thread.

05-25-16 01:54 PM
    My Priv is on Vodafone (bought from CPW) and I got the MM (6.0.1) update yesterday (had been checking manually occasionally).

I've not spent much time with it since, and I'd need to re-read the articles which detail what the differences are, but if I'm honest it isn't immediately obvious what there is that I should be getting excited about.
    05-26-16 03:25 AM
    ...but if I'm honest it isn't immediately obvious what there is that I should be getting excited about.
    Battery life, for me, is the most noticeable difference. Vast improvement in my case.

05-26-16 09:21 AM
    Have just had another 'update is available' notice so have started the download process again. Let's see if it's installs this time...

05-27-16 12:50 PM
    Yes I've just downloaded it too. Seems ok but just had a problem trying to send a text, tells me there's an error.

Jim Kerr likes this.
    05-27-16 02:18 PM
    Well, If it's alright, I'll take the credit for hurrying this one along from Vodafone! We get to keep our Privs and have them fully up to date..! And they get to keep us as customers - And in no small part due to the excellent team in store at Vodafone Sauchiehall Street Glasgow where the whole update thing was explained clearly. It's only been a few days on the Priv but so far so good. There's a few bits of OS10 I miss for sure and I'm still trying to swipe (!) but the apps availability is great.

05-28-16 09:15 AM
    I was unsure to start with and really liked the Z30 but the Priv is an excellent phone, very quick and the battery lasts forever. It can do so much more with access to all the apps.

Jim Kerr likes this.
    05-28-16 10:19 AM
30 12