One of the things I miss most from bb10 is specific ringtones for contacts and profiles. Is this fixed in MM? I use my phone as a pager thru messenger and SMS. When I'm sleeping at night I need a SMS from the hospital to ring loudly but all other notifications to be on silent. This isn't possible currently . I use a work around but it notifies for all SMS and it's a single tone. I can't find a setting in lollipop that will give a ring tone that repeats for a 5 or 10 count or until I silence it. I sleep horribly on call as I always check my device every 20 min to make sure I haven't slept thru a SMS .
    04-26-16 12:40 PM
    You can set a ring tone for a contact but I don't see an option for text messages

Posted via my PRIV running Marshmallow 6.0.1
    04-26-16 12:44 PM
    If my device is on silent, will that ring tone for the specific contact 1. Work for SMS or just calls? 2. Can I customize it so it's a long 20 sec bell?
    04-26-16 12:50 PM
    One of the things I miss most from bb10 is specific ringtones for contacts and profiles. Is this fixed in MM? I use my phone as a pager thru messenger and SMS. When I'm sleeping at night I need a SMS from the hospital to ring loudly but all other notifications to be on silent. This isn't possible currently . I use a work around but it notifies for all SMS and it's a single tone. I can't find a setting in lollipop that will give a ring tone that repeats for a 5 or 10 count or until I silence it. I sleep horribly on call as I always check my device every 20 min to make sure I haven't slept thru a SMS .
    What carrier are you on and what text messaging service are you using? I'm on Verizon and use the stock Verizon Messages app. You can set individual tones for each contact in the Messages settings. BB10 had the option to override the profile setting, but I don't see that option anywhere in the Priv. I have a special mp3 that I use for my wife. It runs for 30 seconds if I let it. Try downloading a song or something that runs longer. The stock tones are way too short for your needs
    FF22 likes this.
    04-26-16 01:32 PM
    I'm on Rogers. I use the BlackBerry Messenger app.
    04-27-16 07:42 AM
    The notifications and vibrations / sound profiles i setup on PRIV do not work on MM exactly the reason why BB10 Passport prevails this.
    The sounds and speed etc all were real time... things arent with Android at all.
    04-27-16 08:24 AM