Anyone else have a slightly laggy response from the physical keyboard on their Priv? I've been using it for about a week and when I type quickly it often misses key presses. This is especially prevalent when typing double letters ie. the 'tt' in 'letters'. At first I thought it must be me struggling to adapt to the new, squishy keyboard, but now I'm not so sure. I think it might be lag linked to the dodgy OS and heat issues.

Anyone else experienced an unusually sticky physical keyboard? I never had these issues on the Classic, Q10 or Bold 9900!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Last edited by yueytan; 11-25-15 at 09:55 AM.
    11-25-15 09:19 AM
    I get the same thing!
    11-25-15 09:53 AM
    Yep the lagginess of the physical keyboard is sort of an issue at the moment.

11-25-15 09:59 AM
    This issue was already reported by a few people, myself included. I actually don't own a PRIV but used a demo unit for about 20 minutes. The keyboard issues were apparent right away. Hopefully it is a software fix. I don't suspect you'll see an improvement until the next OS release, if at all.
    11-25-15 10:02 AM
    Ah I tried to look through the forums and see if anyone else had the issue but couldn't find any. I'm not glad you've all got the issue but I'm glad I'm not alone..!

11-25-15 10:06 AM
    Yup me too. Misses double letter presses (look for a post called something like "All and Al" or similar). I find the long press to capital a little troublesome and it often misses periods (again, I suspect that is a double press issue).

11-25-15 10:56 AM
    I reported this a while ago - it is driving me insane!
    itwo takes on this:

1) I posted this on BlackBerry support forums - a community manager (tyw) got back to me saying they have already root caused the bug and that it will be fixed via a software update,

but 2) another member here said he had this issue, so he exchanged his priv for a new one with a later build date - and the keyboard works perfectly. hmmmm.

fwiw, my priv's build date was 11/04/15. the cb user said his priv with a 11/15/15 build date feels much better and has a working pkb.

so, just to hedge bets, I returned my priv to amazon today for a replacement. hopefully I get a priv with a later build date, curious to see if that fixes the pkb issues I had..

Blackberry Passport SE, iPhone 5S, Lumia 1020, HTC One M8
    yueytan likes this.
    11-25-15 11:23 AM
    also had double letter issues on both mine... replaced the first but for clicky screen. this one has just started clicking too... one day after I was within the window to return it to CPW. of course.
    11-25-15 11:30 AM
    Thanks for the feedback guys. I guessed it was software but I really hope they fix it soon. Driving me crazy!

My build date is 8 October 2015... that's basically a pre-release build. Disappointing they would release a phone in this state!

kertong likes this.
    11-25-15 11:38 AM
    How do you check the build date? Ive had mine since release date so I think I'm on an old one.

11-25-15 12:53 PM
    How do you check the build date? Ive had mine since release date so I think I'm on an old one.
    There should be a six digit number on the side of your box where the IMEI and SN are printed - looks like DDMMYY - mine is 041115, for 11/04/15.
    11-25-15 02:23 PM
    Yep, happening on mine I bought last night. Really annoying.

11-25-15 02:25 PM
    Anyone else have a slightly laggy response from the physical keyboard on their Priv? I've been using it for about a week and when I type quickly it often misses key presses. This is especially prevalent when typing double letters ie. the 'tt' in 'letters'. At first I thought it must be me struggling to adapt to the new, squishy keyboard, but now I'm not so sure. I think it might be lag linked to the dodgy OS and heat issues.

Anyone else experienced an unusually sticky physical keyboard? I never had these issues on the Classic, Q10 or Bold 9900!

I was having major issues with this, I started a thread called "all in all" so check that out. I replaced my Priv and so far I haven't had as many issues with the keyboard but every now and then it does still come up. All indications are that it's a software issue so hopefully it will be resolved soon.

kertong likes this.
    11-25-15 03:14 PM
    I have this issue. Hopefully an update is coming to address it just like the infamous double typing on BB10.

Posted via my Priv 5.1.1.
    11-25-15 04:00 PM
    yep, same here, just thought I'd chime in. It's noticeable but intermitent
    yueytan likes this.
    11-26-15 01:27 PM
    I think it' might be heat related lag? I switched back to my classic last night so I took the sim card out of the Priv. Tried typing on the Priv. Afew hours later (after it had been lying dormant and there cooled down a lot) and the keyboard was just about perfect. Hmmm.

Posted via CB10
    11-26-15 06:20 PM
    I haven't really noticed but as I type this email with the physical keyboard it is performing very good. I guess I'm a lucky one.

11-26-15 06:39 PM
    so, just to hedge bets, I returned my priv to amazon today for a replacement. hopefully I get a priv with a later build date, curious to see if that fixes the pkb issues I had..
    Hi kertong, did you happen to get your replacement and test it out?
    11-30-15 12:28 PM
    Hi plenTpak - not yet! I shipped it back to amazon last week, I'm guessing it's a little bit slowed down by the holiday/thanksgiving long weekend. Hopefully will get my new unit this week, can't wait - will report back soon! According to @jamielall though, he got a new unit that seemed to improve the keyboard a little bit, but still is dropping characters thankfully, he says the creaking back is much better in this one - so while there may be a slight difference in build quality in the later dates (or it might just be loose QC with luck of the draw), the keyboard issue seems to be a deeper one related to software?

Will report back when I get the replacement unit in hand either way.
    11-30-15 02:08 PM
    Just got my replacement priv today!

Immediately after starting it up it saw the system update, so I applied that right away.

Build date on the box shows 11/18/15. Back no longer creaks and pops, but the screen does click lightly when pressing the center (not left this time), when the screen is closed.

No overheating or anything yet.

And best of all - no more dropped double letters! Was able to type this entire reply on the priv. Keyboard is a little stiff so it takes a bit more intent and effort to type quickly, but hoping it loosens up a bit with use. Miss the passport keyboard but this priv pkb is more than sufficient now with the dropping letter issue fixed - it is quick and responsive now. Go BlackBerry!

plenTpak likes this.
    12-05-15 12:09 AM
    How about all the others, after the DEC systemupdate? Still keypress missing problems?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    12-05-15 01:13 AM

...I think it might be lag linked to the dodgy OS and heat issues...

I know most Crackberrians love BB10 for their own reason, myself included, but to surmise that it might be a "dodgy" OS is going over the top.

My Q10 came with a great keypad and typing was wonderful, then BlackBerry updated to a new version and my troubles of double-typing started. Then came the last update which completely resolved the issue, should I have called BB10 a dodgy OS.

Sometimes we need to stop, research and wait for the proper response or solution to the problem.

I am looking to jump onto the Android bandwagon myself and as much as I wish BB10 was successful it isn't. That is sadly life, usually, the best OSs don't make it: Symbian UIQ, Web OS and Meego are just a few of the most brilliant operating systems that failed to make an impact.

Now, coming to Android, I am not a fan and would never have considered it had it not been for BlackBerry going that route and "securing" it. I told myself that should BB10 die I would go for Windows and if I wasn't happy would try the iPhone (though I dread that thought of being tied to Apple).

I am currently watching the developments surrounding the Priv and Android BlackBerry, if I feel the phone is now an allrounder I may jump in, until then my Q10 still serves me very well.

Posted via CB10
    12-05-15 01:28 AM