I don't have a spare Priv to test this with, so I'm asking for someone who does.

Anyway, from the tail end of this thread we know that Pointer Mode only is supposed to exist on the branch that Verizon is pushing out, hence why it doesn't show up on other phones. Now, from BlackBerry's autoloader page, we can see that the South Korean Priv is using the same build number as the Verizon Priv, but the autoloader file is marked "common", like the regular non-US Priv. I'm hoping BlackBerry's build nomenclature is such that Korea gets the Verizon branch but without Verizon OEM setups.

So, if there are any volunteers, here's the latest South Korean Priv OS (AAJ049, February 2017 patch): https://bbapps.download.blackberry.c...mon-AAJ049.zip

Download it, try to install, and answer two questions:
    1. Does it install on your Priv (STV100-1 non-ATT/TMO, STV100-3, or STV100-4)?
    2. Do you have Pointer Mode available?
    02-17-17 09:56 AM
    Great idea! Would love to see if it works and enables the pointer mode on Non-verizon Privs!

Really we should all have had this feature from the start, it would greatly improve the usability when using the keyboard. Having to move the whole device to press stuff on top of the screen with your finger when the keyboard is open is not a great UX!
    02-17-17 10:53 AM
    Thurask,

I tested this out on my - 1 (factory unlocked) PRIV and you're correct. Pointer mode is now an option.
    Attached Thumbnails Might this enable Pointer Mode?-img_20170220_2045480.jpg  
    02-20-17 07:53 PM
    Thurask,

I tested this out on my - 1 (factory unlocked) PRIV and you're correct. Pointer mode is now an option.
    Lovely.
    FF22 likes this.
    02-20-17 09:15 PM
    Awesome news! Does that mean that the South Korean Priv OS could also potentially be loaded onto a STV100-4 without any issues with mobile networks and such?
    02-21-17 06:13 AM
    It's a pretty cool feature. I'm guessing it will come as an option on Android N and along with the Mercury.
    02-21-17 08:49 AM
    Awesome news! Does that mean that the South Korean Priv OS could also potentially be loaded onto a STV100-4 without any issues with mobile networks and such?
    Yes, I believe so. There are only 4 variants that matter, Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile and then the rest.
    02-21-17 09:12 AM
    Layman here. Anyone care to elaborate on what pointer-mode actually is? I can imagine but I like facts!
    bluesqueen23 likes this.
    02-21-17 09:15 AM
    Layman here. Anyone care to elaborate on what pointer-mode actually is? I can imagine but I like facts!
    Essentially it let's you use the keyboard as a mouse.
    02-21-17 09:18 AM
    Yeah, as he said above. You can change the keyboard over to a cursor, it's pretty cool for one handed use.
    02-21-17 09:25 AM
    Neat! I might actually give it a go with autoloading it on my ShopBlackberry unlocked STV100-4 Priv. I miss this feature so much.

I havent actually seen the video of the Pointer Mode in action, but from what I understand, it gives you an option to enable MOUSE pointer on your Priv. You then control it by moving your finger on the touch-sensitive physical keyboard, just like trackpad on your laptop works.

In this way you don't have to touch your screen at all to navigate around your Priv. So you no longer have to lift your fingers from the keyboard to touch stuff on screen - just use the Pointer Mode
    02-21-17 09:25 AM
    Side question - would loading the South Korean AAJ049 as opposed to the Verizon organic build on a VZW STV100-2 eliminate VZW's bloatware and still function on Verizon 's network? Or am I going in circles...lol
    02-21-17 10:16 AM
    Side question - would loading the South Korean AAJ049 as opposed to the Verizon organic build on a VZW STV100-2 eliminate VZW's bloatware and still function on Verizon 's network? Or am I going in circles...lol
    I'm under the impression that you only CANNOT install it on either the Verizon, TMobile and AT&T branded Priv models. All the other Privs should work. Correct?
    02-21-17 10:25 AM
    The OS linked above does not come with all of the Verizon bloatware, but it is NOT compatible with the Verizon device. The Verizon build already contains this feature set, but of course it comes with the bloatware.

I'm under the impression that you only CANNOT install it on either the Verizon, TMobile and AT&T branded Priv models. All the other Privs should work. Correct?
    The Verizon variant has it's own OS that already has this feature.

This OS linked above is NOT compatible with Verizon, T-Mobile or AT&T variants. It SHOULD work fine on every other variant of the PRIV.
    olllllo1978 and FF22 like this.
    02-21-17 10:34 AM
    Video and instructions on how to do this: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-priv-1100792/
    FF22 and nonamenomore like this.
    02-21-17 01:33 PM