so i have a micro SD card that has music on it and i'm trying to use with with my Priv, however the card seems to be corrupt because my car cannot read it and my older phone (samssung ACe 2x) cannot read it anymore, note that i used the card first on it...
    so is there a way i can access the card or make my Priv read it somehow, or even my older phone...without doing anything geeky cos i know nothing about tech stuff..? any suggestions?
    09-10-16 09:53 AM
    I'm afraid the card has the old file system, probably fat16 or 32 and your priv uses the latest.

You need to copy those files into a computer using a card reader and then pop the card back into the PRIV and allow it to format it.

After that plug your priv into your computer and copy the files back into the sd card.

Make sure you use portable or you'll have more trouble later.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    jegs2 likes this.
    09-10-16 09:59 AM
    I'm afraid the card has the old file system, probably fat16 or 32 and your priv uses the latest.

You need to copy those files into a computer using a card reader and then pop the card back into the PRIV and allow it to format it.

After that plug your priv into your computer and copy the files back into the sd card.

Make sure you use portable or you'll have more trouble later.

i should have mentioned that the problem with the card is that no device is able to read it anymore, nt my car system, and not my old phone, so even when i insert it in it nothing happens, it doesn't recognize it at all...so i can't really do any transfer....does this mean the card is corrupt and it's dead? should i even try to revive it?
    09-10-16 10:04 AM
    i should have mentioned that the problem with the card is that no device is able to read it anymore, nt my car system, and not my old phone, so even when i insert it in it nothing happens, it doesn't recognize it at all...so i can't really do any transfer....does this mean the card is corrupt and it's dead? should i even try to revive it?
    You might want to invest in a card reader for your computer. It might be able to read the files.

There are also not very complicated programs (computer generally, not phone) that can sometimes read corrupted sd-cards. Some are free.
    rotorwrench and jegs2 like this.
    09-10-16 10:36 AM
    You might want to invest in a card reader for your computer. It might be able to read the files.

There are also not very complicated programs (computer generally, not phone) that can sometimes read corrupted sd-cards. Some are free.
    thanks, i'll see what i can do. it sucks that all the music is no longer accessible.
    09-10-16 10:57 AM
    I agree with F2's suggestion, if you have access to a computer, laptop or desktop. It is rather simple to try. Check the computer you are using for a SD card reader slot, most all contemporary computers have them now, making a card reader unnecessary. Then buy a new micro sd card, which you'll probably need, no point in trying to use a potentiality problematic card again. Most all new micro sd cards will come with an adapter, which will allow it to be used in a standard sd slot on the computer, you'll need that.

Put your old micro sd into the adapter that came with the new card, put it in the computer , go to "my computer" in the start menu and see if the card shows up as an external device. If so, double click on it to see if the computer will read it. If a directory comes up you might be good to copy from. If you are unsure how to proceed from there, let us know, someone here will be happy to walk you through copying your music to a folder and the loading it on your new card.

That being said, a simpler experiment that may work is to put the card back in the Priv, connect the Priv to the computer and see if you can access the card through the Priv. We can walk you through that as well if you've never dealt with that before. Good luck, I know the frustration of losing files on a corrupt card.

If you are familiar with the above, I apologize. Based on your posts I assumed some of this was out of your comfort zone.

FF22 likes this.
    09-10-16 01:13 PM
    To add a bit more here's some links and while they refer to photos (most often lost from camera glitches), it would apply to other files, too:

https://www.cardrecovery.com/sd-recovery/

How to recover deleted photos from your SD card | ZDNet

3 Ways to Recover Pictures from SD Card - wikiHow
    rotorwrench likes this.
    09-10-16 02:05 PM
    Yes a card reader and computer should be able to read anything as long as the data is still intact. NTFS, FAT all of it

09-10-16 03:46 PM
    I'll try these suggestions and let you know. So far no device is able to read or even recognize the SD card. My car interface says sd card error and from my laptop I can't access the card.
    Thanks for their help

Posted via the handsome BlackBerry PRIV
    09-11-16 05:05 PM