So there are the specs. Also shows me the Priv is the flagship, Priv v. Mercury.
    Last edited June of last year
    So these are rumors from 8 months ago.
    02-11-17 11:06 AM
    Last edited June of last year
    So these are rumors from 8 months ago.
    True, but unless people are just repeating the same old rumors, those specs have been repeated as recently as this week.
    02-11-17 11:47 AM
    But I don't care what the specs are. I'm getting at least one. Maybe for the whole office.
    Wezard likes this.
    02-11-17 11:54 AM
    BlackBerry Priv is the last ultimate worlds greatest best powerful premium upgradable slider type smartphone device who is built and made by BlackBerry. It's a non TCL (Alcatel) manufactured device and also the very first BlackBerry-Google Fusion device which was ever introduced after ending lives of all BlackBerry's BB10 smartphone devices. Although I was forced to upgrade for a brand new smartphone pocket device back then.

I really don't wanna leave BlackBerry or so because of tons with options, excellent capacities of internal and external storages, PKB, VKB and Security. Let's keep it a buck, I felt the Android OS was maybe akward and different in the beginning but after taking experience with, I do like it more.

But I personally don't like only full touch smartphone devices with VKB's who are too light, very breakable built which can take extreme damages such as Apple iPhone, Samsung, LG, Huawei, Sony, Motorola, Nokia or any other smartphone products who aren't related to BlackBerry because in every corner when I walk by the nearest telephone company, shop, store nowadays, I see those type of smartphones are dominating and spreading all over places. Also all of those full touch smartphones (From the outside only) looks the same and identical to me and their designs are boring as hell. Too many clones from each other and far too hype if you ask me.

When it comes to upgrades by all full touch smartphones, only the designs are getting lighter, wider and/or stretcher (longer) but with less few features and options in. It's getting limited, less fireproof and worser in the end as a result by period of times.

The Priv keeps promising.. All any other BlackBerry-Google Fusion devices (Which are related to TCL Alcatel brandname with or without PKB) in the future can't keep up with the Priv IMHO.

So therefore I don't need Mercury. I still keep and stick with my Priv.

Posted via CB10
    Amen! Well said. Love my PRIV that with updates just keeps getting better! BTW can one handed on PRIV in the car ( should not I know!) but on my Passport need 2 hands to send a text message!

Posted via CB10
    02-11-17 11:59 AM
    True, but unless people are just repeating the same old rumors, those specs have been repeated as recently as this week.
    Thats what people do with rumors, spread false or unverified information, and the more it gets spread, the more it gets spread, and believed.
    I thinks it's pretty close, maybe even exact, but untill BB or TCL releases the specs, it remains rumor. Now if a reliable and verifiable source in BB or TLC publicly says something, I'd prob take their word, but that hasn't happened, yet.
    02-11-17 03:33 PM
    Thats what people do with rumors, spread false or unverified information, and the more it gets spread, the more it gets spread, and believed.
    I thinks it's pretty close, maybe even exact, but untill BB or TCL releases the specs, it remains rumor. Now if a reliable and verifiable source in BB or TLC publicly says something, I'd prob take their word, but that hasn't happened, yet.
    After posting I read a couple of sites claiming it was confirmed to be a snapdragon 821.

Ridiculous.

And doesn't matter. I'm getting at least one no matter the specs.
    02-11-17 11:45 PM
    Steve Cistulli in the CrackBerry podcast did describe the Mercury as a flagship device. Does mean flagship specs..re snapper 821 or more??

Posted via CB10
    02-12-17 04:41 AM
    Why do people insist on comparing Android to BB10? Totally different animals, and, BB10 is basically dead. Not because it was a bad OS, it was actually a great OS, just no app support, and BB was unable to fill the gap in house. Android is clunky and disjointed, but it works, and it has apps available.
    Going forward, your choices are iOS, Android and Windows,(maybe on Windows). BB10 is simply no longer relevant.
    As far as the Mercury, it's a downgrade overall from the Priv, unless you just really like an always exposed PKB, why would you downgrade?
    Can't agree more!! Spot on!!
    02-12-17 05:02 AM
    The concept of the Priv is genius.
    However, I never liked its wobbly, clicky, creaky build, nor its flat and soft PKB. Therefore I sold my Priv, and will take a serious look at the Mercury.
    02-12-17 05:17 AM
    However, I never liked its wobbly, clicky, creaky build
    This... I agree.

I'm worried about screen size on the Mercury because I've gotten used to the Priv's awesome screen size for the last year, but if the build quality is there and the chipset is better, I may jump ship.
    02-12-17 12:01 PM
    I loved the keyboard being readily available, as I don't need the big or wide perspective screen (Biz power user here...), therefore the Mercury is in my sights.

However, it would have to be an upgrade, else staying with the PRIV.... Just hope BlackBerry updates the OS to 7.0 or at least fixes this very annoying "lagging" OS performance and major Contact search issue!
    Contact search fixed long ago. Update your BlackBerry Apps.
    02-12-17 12:24 PM
    An antenna that doesn't cut out (i.e., Priv) would be upgrade enough for me!
    Never had this issue on my Priv since launch day.
    02-12-17 12:26 PM
    BB obviously had a lot of QC issues with the Priv, if you have one of those, I'll concede the Mercury may be an upgrade.
    02-12-17 12:52 PM
    Sort of a ridiculous question on the part of the OP. Not every on lives in a first world universe and can switch to the newest model mobile phone when it becomes available.

Many people have carrier subsidized handsets, and are probably locked in for at least two years. Others can only change/upgrade a phone when it becomes absolutely necessary.
    rfin16 likes this.
    02-12-17 06:06 PM
    However, I never liked its wobbly, clicky, creaky build, nor its flat and soft PKB. Therefore I sold my Priv, and will take a serious look at the Mercury.
    It's baffling to me that people actually had these issues. Mine has been solid since day one. They keyboard is not as good the it's predecessors but if you give it time, you get used to it.
    02-12-17 06:24 PM
    I've recently come back to priv from a Note 5 and OP3T. I think this is my 3rd or 4th priv and I've never had any build issues whatsoever?

I've only had my privs get hot when setting them up, other than that they've been great.

The reason I came back to the Priv is to get used to the OS when the Mercury arrives!
    02-12-17 06:42 PM
    That's probably your carrier. I've yet to have poor call quality or reception with the Priv. In fact, the only other blackberry that was better in the reception department was the Z30.
    02-12-17 06:43 PM
    So there are the specs. Also shows me the Priv is the flagship, Priv v. Mercury.

BB PRIV - Battery = 3410 mAh

BB DTEK70 (Mercury) - Battery = 3400 mAh (Leaked information).

You can find the full specs of the PRIV and the DTEK70 to compare them both at GSMarena.com

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Ginowine; 02-12-17 at 09:25 PM.
    02-12-17 08:14 PM
    Amen! Well said. Love my PRIV that with updates just keeps getting better! BTW can one handed on PRIV in the car ( should not I know!) but on my Passport need 2 hands to send a text message!

Posted via CB10
    True. But I came from BB10 - Q10 and OG Passport back then before I had the PRIV.

Also I did my research on between those two phone devices to compare about how much more benefits of features I could use for in the future.

To me the DTEK70 or Codename Mercury is lacking with slightly less or few features and battery. Screendisplay ratios for fullscreen scales will turn awfully bad. Screendisplay is cramped with black bar (the one with three buttons) underneath.

Why can't the black bar be transparant like the Priv does? I don't get it.

Mercury is like the TCL Alcatel BlackBerry-Google SE Passport Two / 2 / 2nd version. For Example: If you compare it with the BB10 SE Passport, the apps only is upwards and optimizing, the battery is downwards and turn smaller, you only have fingerprint scan feature on the space bar key for certain apps and the rest is basically (slightly changes) the same and identical to use like the BB10 OG and SE Passports.

I could be wrong maybe but my honest opinion I find the Fingerprintscan feature odd and it's nothing for the BlackBerry-Google Fusion device DTEK70 or Mercury. Because there's no value, logically point for using that and it make no sense too I think. I mean who really want that ability on the device that you have to press it with your finger and hold the space bar key button. For security reasons (I get it) and just for certain apps.. seriously?

For all other full touch phone devices like the iPhones, Huawei's and Samsungs i find the fingerprint scan feature far more useful for them because they have their own home buttons. That seems to be more logical and sense to me.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Ginowine; 02-13-17 at 02:31 PM.
    02-12-17 09:18 PM
    At the moment KING is PRIV. When we have full details and device side then let's see.

In the meantime...lovin my awesome PRIV!

Posted via CB10
    02-13-17 12:24 PM
    This... I agree.

I'm worried about screen size on the Mercury because I've gotten used to the Priv's awesome screen size for the last year, but if the build quality is there and the chipset is better, I may jump ship.
    That is the reason why I decided to use an iPhone 7 until the Mercury arrives, instead of a Dtek, to get used to the smaller screen, and hoping to being so pissed off with iOS then, that moving on to an Android based Mercury with real keys will feel like a relief...
    02-13-17 01:56 PM
    It's baffling to me that people actually had these issues. Mine has been solid since day one. They keyboard is not as good the it's predecessors but if you give it time, you get used to it.
    The keyboard alone wouldn't have been too much of an issue for me. But the overall build quality....people were telling that the US version with the wireless charging module built in, was way more stable. Mine was a European version, without wireless charging, and felt like a mess. I checked out some other Privs which were on display in shops here, and they were all the same.
    02-13-17 02:03 PM
    Have the European version of the PRIV STV100-4 and the build quality is perfect. So good that at company we ordered 10 and everybody is really pleased especially IT manager that found DTEK app very useful to check on app settings. So yes we are pleased with the PRIV's!

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    02-13-17 02:16 PM
    The keyboard alone wouldn't have been too much of an issue for me. But the overall build quality....people were telling that the US version with the wireless charging module built in, was way more stable. Mine was a European version, without wireless charging, and felt like a mess. I checked out some other Privs which were on display in shops here, and they were all the same.
    It's interesting. I wonder if it had to do with the earlier models not being built as well. I've heard many complain of issues and many say they have no issues. Mine has been flawless.
    02-13-17 05:25 PM
99 ... 234