I am sticking with my Priv. As others have noted, a large screen and a full physical keyboard. Size is perfect for carrying in the pocket and it works great for me.
    01-13-17 01:45 PM
    I just got my Priv, and I love it! No issues whatsoever (other than 'Android is inferior to BB10' compromises), great build quality and a comfortable pkb. So in a couple of years, when Mercury II is released, I will consider it - unless Priv II also comes out (hopefully with a better name).
    01-13-17 04:01 PM
    Keeping the Priv. First Android from BlackBerry and a slider too. Collectors item potential.
    01-13-17 04:10 PM
    I just went back to priv after trying one in September then going back to my Q10. I am guessing mercury will be pricey and even though the pkb kinda sucks on the priv, I'm ok with it for maybe a year before I jump to the mercury.
    Last edited by erose75; 01-13-17 at 09:16 PM.
    01-13-17 05:19 PM
    When they come out with a landscape slideout keyboard, that would be my next blackberry phone. I love the slide out keyboard of the Priv, I still find myself longing for my HTC Tytn from ten years ago. A landscape slideout keyboard would allow a less cramped kb. I dunno though, maybe too wide with today's giant chassis in fact.
    Wezard likes this.
    01-14-17 09:00 AM
    I just went back to priv after trying one in September then going back to my Q10. I am guessing mercury will be pricey and even though the pkb kinda sucks on the priv, I'm ok with it for maybe a year before I jump to the mercury.
    I feel ya. I sometimes fire up my Q10. It's pkb is better than the Priv's, but the Q10 can't serve as my primary phone these days because of the apps I need for work.
    01-14-17 09:02 AM
    When they come out with a landscape slideout keyboard, that would be my next blackberry phone. I love the slide out keyboard of the Priv, I still find myself longing for my HTC Tytn from ten years ago. A landscape slideout keyboard would allow a less cramped kb. I dunno though, maybe too wide with today's giant chassis in fact.
    Not sure if this is ever going to happen. Not even sure if they will be releasing another portrait slider.
    01-14-17 10:33 AM
    I think my basis for keeping the Priv after I've got the Mercury strongly depends on whether the Priv continues to be supported. This includes the security updates but mostly includes whether Nougat comes to the Priv. That said, the form factor of the slider will probably keep me from posting it on eBay.
    01-14-17 02:15 PM
    If mine broke on me I'd buy another PRIV any time, hoping it will have a successor one day. for all my current tasks it's the best package on the market today and I think it's gonna last for quite a while longer. Totally happy, but I always preferred Android sliders anyway and moved over to BlackBerry for a year with a Q10 only because there weren't any sliders available. Loved BB10, though, the best mobile OS I've ever had the pleasure using - by far!
    01-14-17 05:43 PM
    I love my PRIV. Nothing compares to having a full-sized screen AND a physical keyboard.
    I never understand why BlackBerry not releasing slider phone more often.
    Why would anyone don't want the best of both world? I don't want to become an iSheep who just follow what other people use...even when it cost more...and didn't even think on what is best functionally.....so I still don't have any iPhone in the family.
    Mercury ?! ......i am not sure, I might just get another PRIV when I am eligible for an upgrade next month.
    bberrist and Mirko935 like this.
    01-14-17 07:48 PM
    I love my PRIV. Nothing compares to having a full-sized screen AND a physical keyboard.
    I never understand why BlackBerry not releasing slider phone more often.
    Why would anyone don't want the best of both world? I don't want to become an iSheep who just follow what other people use...even when it cost more...and didn't even think on what is best functionally.....so I still don't have any iPhone in the family.
    Mercury ?! ......i am not sure, I might just get another PRIV when I am eligible for an upgrade next month.
    Yeah, right? As you said: best of both worlds!
    Screen real estate to look at stuff and pkb to type on.
    Best text prediction I've ever used, including multi-language capability that actually works.
    A capacitive pkb to put that to actual use.
    Keyboard shortcuts like on a laptop for text composing and opening apps...
    In the hand it offers GRIP instead of SLIP unlike the rest of the (non-BlackBerry) bunch.
    Enough processing power for all your daily needs.
    Expandable storage.
    Zero day patches.
    A super-tough amoled (dirty pockets, face-down for battery saving and muting calls all the time without a single scratch though it's never seen a screen protector).
    Gorgeous design compared to the boredomness surrounding it.
    Great battery mileage and screen on time.
    Best launcher ever: clean, easy, configurable swipe gestures for fast access to any app from within any app.
    Developers that actually care and (in my experience) good customer support.

Couldn't be happier. Before they all went iPhone clone, I only used qwertz sliders, then a Q10, now the PRIV. Best handset ever and absolutely priceless on today's market.

But why would you buy another one? Backup?
    bigjman likes this.
    01-14-17 08:30 PM

But why would you buy another one? Backup?
    My plan allow me a hardware upgrade every 12 months. So if the price is right, I might use the upcoming upgrade to get a PRIV for my wife....also as a backup phone as I don't think we will see other slider phone anytime soon. All new phone are clones as you said. AND....those ISheep will never use slider unless their master (Apple) start making slider phone. LOL
    bberrist likes this.
    01-14-17 10:50 PM
    My plan allow me a hardware upgrade every 12 months. So if the price is right, I might use the upcoming upgrade to get a PRIV for my wife....also as a backup phone as I don't think we will see other slider phone anytime soon. All new phone are clones as you said. AND....those ISheep will never use slider unless their master (Apple) start making slider phone. LOL
    True that. Hopefully, TCL gets hand on the PRIV patents to just slab a new one mainboard in when the time comes, and we're good to go.
    Mirko935 likes this.
    01-14-17 10:57 PM
    I'll be keeping the PRIV for a while.
    01-15-17 09:12 AM
    Keeping mine!!!!

I love my PRIV.

This will be the first time I have noet replaced my BlackBerry immediately when a new model came out.
    01-15-17 12:58 PM
    I'm strongly considering the Mercury. I use the PKB almost exclusively in the PRIV, and most of my media use is audio.
    01-15-17 01:48 PM
    Seems Alcatel same model as Mercury sold as windows 10 too... would love to read a side-by-side comparison w/video...
    01-15-17 03:07 PM
    as soon as Mercury comes,
    I'll still be keeping my two privs! Maybe when one of them dies I'll get the mercury. but the priv is just soo perfect for my needs. no other phone can give you the option to either use the virtual or physical keyboards.
    how about you guys?
    any one keeping their priv?
    PRIV all the way
    01-15-17 06:12 PM
    Doubt what patapoof is referring to is same model as Mercury, but Alcatel has experience with keyboards
    https://www.mymobiles.com/phones/alcatel/tag/qwerty
    01-16-17 06:31 AM
    Keeping the PRIV. Best of both worlds - PKB when I need it, then hides and makes for a smaller phone with VKB. Perfect!
    01-16-17 08:42 AM
    If you have a priv,why would you get another phone already ?it hasn't been out that long and if you got it right off the bat,you most likely paid a pretty penny for it.
    IMO,people are always wanting the latest and greatest.....unless your phone breaks or you get a steal of a deal,should keep phone for 2+ years and get you money's worth!
    FF22, Mirko935 and Lefty724 like this.
    01-16-17 09:01 AM
    Will be keeping the priv. Mercury looks to much like the old droid Pro but bigger. Specs stays the same on this than it not going be a advantage over the priv.
    01-16-17 09:21 AM
    If you have a priv,why would you get another phone already ?it hasn't been out that long and if you got it right off the bat,you most likely paid a pretty penny for it.
    IMO,people are always wanting the latest and greatest.....unless your phone breaks or you get a steal of a deal,should keep phone for 2+ years and get you money's worth!
    It is all a matter of what floats a person's boat. For some it is about the money spent on tech and they want to get their money's worth out of a device by using it as long as is feasible. For others it is not about the money as much as it is the real and perceived advances in specs and functionality. For them it is about the latest and greatest.

It is not that one is right and the other is wrong, unless of course, you spend more than you can afford and can't pay the rent just so you can feed your fancy. Or conversely, you are so frugal you would rather ruin your productivity by hanging on to a half functioning device rather than upgrade.

I am one who wants the latest and greatest, but I know within 6 months that item that was the latest and greatest will be on sale. So generally I wait until it does go on sale to get it. Like I purchased my Priv last June on ebay, new AT&T locked device for $299.

I will keep this Priv until I find a phone I must have probably so it probably will be when this one isn't supported or 2018 whichever comes first.

Mercury looks good, but don't know enough about it yet. I do know I love my screen size on my Priv. Hate to give that up.
    Wezard likes this.
    01-16-17 11:06 AM
    From all indications the Mercury is going to be a downgrade, wait and see what it actually is before saying you are going to switch.
    Unless of course you like the form factor. That much we are sure of.
    01-16-17 12:37 PM
    I have a passport. I was going to consider a mercury, but reading these posts, maybe a priv is a better idea. I've never owned any blackberry android phones. I'm trying to stick with passport as long as it keeps working for me.

The Guide is definitive. Reality is frequently inaccurate.
    01-16-17 01:17 PM
99 1234