Watch "BlackBerry Priv 70wpm Typing Test Speed" on YouTube

Finally made a video of me typing over 70+ wpm on my BlackBerry Priv!! Check it out and like please!!

I made some mistakes but it's not bad. I could have gotten more if I didn't make a few mistakes.

My best is 72wpm with 0 errors!
    Attached Thumbnails Me on BlackBerry Priv typing 70wpm+ PKB rocks!!-screenshot_20170117-150513.jpg  
    bluesqueen23, FF22 and southlander like this.
    03-23-17 07:47 PM
    Once you get used to it, it is an excellent keyboard. The key is getting used to the positioning and leaving the Priv slip open as long as you can. I oly close mine for movies and for putting in the BlackBerry Holster.

Amazing job. I probably do that on my Classic and half that on Priv and Passport. Hahaha

Posted via CB10
    03-23-17 07:51 PM
    Once you get used to it, it is an excellent keyboard. The key is getting used to the positioning and leaving the Priv slip open as long as you can. I oly close mine for movies and for putting in the BlackBerry Holster.

Amazing job. I probably do that on my Classic and half that on Priv and Passport. Hahaha

Posted via CB10
    Thank you!! The classic has the best keyboard!!
    03-24-17 12:15 AM
    That is awesome! Physical keyboards are the best! That's why love my Passport, PRIV and can't wait for KEYone!
    03-24-17 06:53 AM
    Wow!! That's too good man!! One more point for BlackBerry or probably tcl for them to market keyone - there is no substitute to physical keyboads. A virutal one can never match the accuracy or speed of physical one!! Cheers mann!!

Posted via CB10
    03-24-17 07:21 AM
    Wow!! That's too good man!! One more point for BlackBerry or probably tcl for them to market keyone - there is no substitute to physical keyboads. A virutal one can never match the accuracy or speed of physical one!! Cheers mann!!

Posted via CB10
    Fully agree!

Posted via CB10
    03-24-17 07:38 AM
    Thanks guys! I totally agree, I hate hearing people bashing the physical keyboard. News and critics will say 'who wants keyboards' 'keyboards are the past' 'keyboards are dinosaurs'. It bothers me so bad, I'm sitting there like these ignorant fools have no idea how fast and accurate I can type on my BlackBerry's. It just takes getting use to and the thumbs will do all the magic. I really hope BlackBerry doesn't go, I really don't want want to type on a glass. Ughh

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    03-24-17 01:09 PM
    Thanks guys! I totally agree, I hate hearing people bashing the physical keyboard. News and critics will say 'who wants keyboards' 'keyboards are the past' 'keyboards are dinosaurs'. It bothers me so bad, I'm sitting there like these ignorant fools have no idea how fast and accurate I can type on my BlackBerry's. It just takes getting use to and the thumbs will do all the magic. I really hope BlackBerry doesn't go, I really don't want want to type on a glass. Ughh

Posted via CB10
    So true!

Posted via CB10
    03-24-17 01:14 PM
    I tried the same test. Don't laugh, but I was lucky to get 30wpm. But hey, I still can get the job done on this great pkb. That slow speed has nothing to do with the keyboard and everything to do with the typer.
    FF22 likes this.
    03-24-17 01:35 PM
    I tried the same test. Don't laugh, but I was lucky to get 30wpm. But hey, I still can get the job done on this great pkb. That slow speed has nothing to do with the keyboard and everything to do with the typer.
    30 is better than most people.
    I agree it has a lot to do with the user/typer. But I find physical keyboards capable tying faster more accurately than virtual keyboards.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-17 02:09 PM
    Dam. You are crazy fast on a BlackBerry keyboard.

I averaged just under 50... but I had to really concentrate.
    03-24-17 03:20 PM
    Dam. You are crazy fast on a BlackBerry keyboard.

I averaged just under 50... but I had to really concentrate.
    Hahaha 50 is super fast for a smartphone! When I concentrate too much I start messing up lol
    03-25-17 07:00 PM
    Good job. I know I'm not near that fast lol. Heck if I try really hard I can do 40 wpm on a computer kb. What I have learned is that I am much more accurate on the privs pkb and like using it for longer typing like this. Once you get used to using it the privs pkb is great. Even if I mess up many times the suggested word takes care of my foul up. I'm gonna keep rocking my priv and use itr for as long as it's working well. I'd truly like to see BlackBerry make another priv version that's a bit smaller and updated to keep up at some point. I've decided I like slider phones lol.
    03-26-17 08:07 AM
    I would like to see your​ techniques while typing - there doesn't seem to be a good video on using the BB Priv pbk !
    03-27-17 07:18 AM
    So this was just typing - no swiping of suggested words. I find that the swiping is what makes the pkb really fly. If you have to type the word 'information', you would need to type only the first 3 letters, and the word would be suggested as the first choice. Of course, the soft keyboards have this feature, but I find that I hit unintended letters when I swipe up on the vkb.

The other great feature of the Priv pkb is the swipe-down alt and sym keyboards. You don't get it on the Classic and earlier keyboards. Started with the Passport, but it has the most common punctuation marks permanently on-screen. The Priv doesn't, so you have to swipe down for a comma or a question mark, and you can also create a customized swipe-down keyboard. Would anyone want to see a video of this?

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Passport
    FF22 likes this.
    03-27-17 08:05 AM
    I will try and post a video of the technique, basically I've been using BlackBerry since the 7520 and been a PKB user since. I really do like the Priv's keyboard. It might not be as good as the Classic or 9900, but I love it!!

Using the typing websites, they disable the word predictions.
    03-27-17 01:04 PM
    I agree with the others here who say it's a good keyboard once you get used to it. I came from the Passport which has the best keyboard ever in my opinion and I thought the Priv's keyboard was rubbish the first week I had it. Now I am used to it and I like it. It's not bad at all.
    Rico4you and FF22 like this.
    03-27-17 02:11 PM
    I would like to see your​ techniques while typing - there doesn't seem to be a good video on using the BB Priv pbk !
    I Agree.
    Even I am looking some good tips to type and finger placement on PKBs.
    03-27-17 03:13 PM
    The Priv's keyboard is better than most people say it is
    03-28-17 12:45 PM
    It's more like thumb placement on a keyboard. I place my index fingers on the back of the phone about half an inch above where the pkb comes out. The other fingers curl down and support the bottom of thre the keyboard. Makes for some pretty stable typing for me. Was pretty awkward to me at first since I wasn't used to a pkb at all. Like I said. The more you use it the better you get. That last sentence prior to this one was entirely flicked. Didn't even have to type. Just like the BlackBerry vkb. Once this thing learns your style it gets pretty good at predictions
    03-29-17 10:40 PM
    I used to get 60 wpm on my Q10. I haven't timed myself on the Priv yet. Some people say the Priv keyboard is terrible, but I think they're wrong. While it might not have the same key travel as a Q10 or Passport, it does have decently sized keys. The keyboard on the Priv is worlds better than the Torch's keyboard.
    FF22 likes this.
    04-02-17 01:45 AM
    I saw this video on youtube that was uploaded in 2010. with iphone 3GS 83WPM but I heard someone used passport can type faster.

04-02-17 02:27 AM
    I saw this video on youtube that was uploaded in 2010. with iphone 3GS 83WPM but I heard someone used passport can type faster.

Well in most speedtyping tests you've got to press the spacebar after each word which makes get a lower result. But 70+ wpm is still a very nice result

Posted via CB10
    04-04-17 08:45 AM
    I feel like the keyboard could have been better, but it's definitely serviceable. Once you get used to the spacing, everything pretty much flies from there.

I still think I'm faster on the Classic, but I'm getting used to the Priv keyboard more and more.
    04-04-17 09:00 AM

Geez that guy on the iPhone is fast! I can't see how someone can do that on a touch screen because they have to type on a glass without looking. PKB you can memorize the layout and feel the tactile buttons.
    I wish BlackBerry makes a Priv 2! It had a rough launch and it's bugs, but if it had a more efficient chip to improve the battery and 7.1 it could have been a powerhouse!
    Eduard Pertinez likes this.
    04-06-17 08:20 AM
36 12