Touche. Nice. Probably so. And it will be illegal to root and turn off location history.

Ride or die:  PRIVelege-acy
    Yep, probably so.
    Sad thing is with all the commercials we don't buy one thing they push.
    08-17-16 05:23 PM
    Haha I go one step further. I specifically won't buy anything that is forced in my face on my phone, even if I want it! But, let's be honest, I don't really want any of it.

Ride or die:  PRIVelege-acy
    08-17-16 05:52 PM
    Verizon has a plan to make the Android bloatware problem worse | Ars Technica

Seriously people just vote with your wallet and leave. Things are going to get worse.
    I actually wouldn't have a big problem with that, as long we could delete them. BlackBerry has left me with a bunch of worthless, (to me) apps that I can't even delete. And I paid cash for a Factory, Shop BB device.
    08-17-16 06:50 PM
    I actually wouldn't have a big problem with that, as long we could delete them. BlackBerry has left me with a bunch of worthless, (to me) apps that I can't even delete. And I paid cash for a Factory, Shop BB device.
    I'm willing to bet that you can't.
    08-17-16 06:52 PM
    I'm willing to bet that you can't.
    I'm not betting!
    08-17-16 06:53 PM
    In August and still no Marshmallow update for Priv, why did I ever think Verizon would could perform for its
    customers, they don't give a crap about Blackberry, only Samsung matters........
    08-18-16 04:45 PM
    Tomorrow perhaps

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    08-19-16 12:00 AM
    If you notice in the article someone is saying to not go with this VZW scam, that users can just delete the bloatware.
    Here is my question, downloading an app or updates for that app goes against your data count, isn't that illegal to force an app and its data usage onto your customers, aren't you kind of forcing a burden onto their account with out their permission/consent? Don't know but sounds illegal to me!
    Well, they've already partnered with Slacker Radio. I cannot think of any apps that would have wide-spread appeal that are not already on users' phones.

As for data, Verizon would likely not charge it against your monthy usage. They have been playing around with sponsered content for a little while now, where you could stream You Tube all day, for example, as long as you also watch the sponsor's adverts, too. Verizon claims that if you sit through those commercials in their entirity then data usage, like for You Tube or even perhaps Netflix, would not be charged against your account.
    rickkel likes this.
    08-19-16 01:17 AM
    Looks like Android N will launch 22-Aug, sad that Verizon PRIV wont even have M.
    08-19-16 07:46 AM
    I've been in contact with Verizon through an FCC complaint. In their response to the FCC that specifically wrote that they "do not have an estimated release date of the Marshmallow software for Blackberry Priv users."

Bottom line, don't hold your breath for security or OS updates from Verizon. They've written off Priv users.
    08-19-16 08:08 AM
    FCC cares absolutely nothing about your OS, they are looking into security updates.
    If you start getting security updates, the OS update will kinda come along with them at some point.
    08-19-16 09:42 AM
    See my post #286 in this thread.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...9/index12.html

Moderators... Can we merge these threads?
    08-19-16 12:12 PM
    See my post #286 in this thread.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...9/index12.html

Moderators... Can we merge these threads?
    Alright we can continue there folks
    08-19-16 12:21 PM
238 ... 8910