I find my Priv gets really warm when I start to use it (Snapchat, YouTube video, music, etc.) Does this happen to you guys?

I haven't played with Marshmallow before, but for those who have - has it helped with overheating?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    02-29-16 07:39 PM
    Maybe it's intentionally warm to toast the marshmallow? )

...sorry I'm a little giddy with the Verizon news

Posted via CB10
    02-29-16 07:49 PM
    This has been discussed heavily on other phones with Snapdragon processors that get hot. The processor is what it is. You can't solve hardware issues with software updates. What they can do is throttle performance, which is like running a car at 60 MPH and saying you've fixed the issue that occurs when it goes 80 MPH. Well, we bought the car to go 80, so that's not a viable solution.
    Tsepz_GP likes this.
    03-01-16 11:51 AM
    This has been discussed heavily on other phones with Snapdragon processors that get hot. The processor is what it is. You can't solve hardware issues with software updates. What they can do is throttle performance, which is like running a car at 60 MPH and saying you've fixed the issue that occurs when it goes 80 MPH. Well, we bought the car to go 80, so that's not a viable solution.
    Exactly!

There's is only so much that can be done. With all the heat complaints I am betting on them Throttling, HTC had to do that with the HTC M9 due to the Snapdragon 810.
    03-01-16 12:09 PM
    "Over" heating is different than "it's hot" during high performance.

Back in the day AMD chips where 20+degrees F hotter at the same load-speed than Intel, but they where designed to deal with it etc... are these chips going to fry themselves? Of so that's "over" heating and imo an issue and the chip should not have been released... but if it's just a hot chip and it can live in those temps with no detrimental effects, then eh...it's a hand warmer.

Posted via CB10
    asublimeday and mithrazor like this.
    03-01-16 12:42 PM
    Wrong. The snapdragon 808 doesn't get hot in my Nexus 6, and the snapdragon 810 doesn't get hot in my Nexus 6p.

03-01-16 01:57 PM
    Mine doesn't overheat as much as other stated. But it does get pretty hot when I'm updating 20+ apps at once

03-01-16 02:04 PM
    Wrong. The snapdragon 808 doesn't get hot in my Nexus 6, and the snapdragon 810 doesn't get hot in my Nexus 6p.

It gets up to 106 in back-to-back benchmarks, which, while cooler than disasters like the M9, is still warm. I'd imagine the fact that it's the size of a desk helps disperse the heat.
    03-01-16 02:04 PM
    I can have 3 apps open while I watch a YouTube video and it starts to get really warm. I noticed Snapchat makes it go from 0-100 real quick...

03-01-16 07:16 PM
    I think it depends a lot on what you do. I have been using my phone for the last 3 hours straight surfing, lots of tapatalk, installing / removing about 10 different print services to try to print to my network printer, using some other apps, email, whatsapp etc. and the phone is really cool. No heat at all.
    03-02-16 03:24 PM
    Lowering your brightness helps to lower the heat. When I first got the Priv it got hot and now after the update and lowering brightness it doesn't get hot just warm from heavy usage
    03-02-16 03:57 PM
    I feel as though it was solved with the recent update. I only would over heat when I would play crossy road that's the only game I have and the minute I open it and start to play the phone would bake. I noticed today while playing that the phone didn't get hot it got warm but not hot

03-02-16 04:30 PM
    My phone runs hot. Yesterday it was actually pretty cool. Phone was extra responsive like a fresh install.

I'm going to say Marshmallow should stabilize the OS because my biggest battery user besides the screen is Android kernel and system

03-03-16 12:24 AM
    Lowering your brightness helps to lower the heat. When I first got the Priv it got hot and now after the update and lowering brightness it doesn't get hot just warm from heavy usage
    My brightness is about halfway. Is that fine?
    03-03-16 12:25 PM
    I like to keep mine the lowest possible. The only time I increase to half way is when I'm out and about. I turn right back down when I'm indoors

03-03-16 12:44 PM
    I like to keep mine the lowest possible. The only time I increase to half way is when I'm out and about. I turn right back down when I'm indoors

I'm using the stealth iconpack which is actually very dark. I've got used to the darkness, but will have to remember where everything is if I go too dark.
    03-03-16 01:08 PM
    I've noticed my Priv hasn't gotten nearly as hot as it used to after some of the recent updates.
    03-03-16 01:15 PM

Nexus 6 has snapdragon 805 FYI.
    03-03-16 01:22 PM
    I usually keep mine around 20-25%. I also have adaptive brightness turned off which let's my screen still be plenty bright even with it being so low
    03-04-16 08:48 PM
    I find my Priv gets really warm when I start to use it (Snapchat, YouTube video, music, etc.) Does this happen to you guys?

I haven't played with Marshmallow before, but for those who have - has it helped with overheating?

My nexus 5 still got a bit hot with marshmallow but that was when watching movies for long periods of time. Software can help the heating issue but a good chunk of it still depends on the processor. The major thing marshmallow did was introduce doze which helps with battery life
    03-04-16 08:52 PM
    Only snapchat does it for me. Horrible coding and optimization

Posted via the Innovative Blackberry PRIV - Powered by Android
    03-04-16 08:59 PM
    I think BlackBerry did make a bad decision with the choice of the processor.

The heat you can improve with a case but the performance lags eventually with apps that require lot of processing. There's not much Marshmallow can do there unless BlackBerry optimises it's own flavour and add some useful kirks under the hood.

Posted via Note 5
    03-05-16 02:16 AM
    It gets up to 106 in back-to-back benchmarks, which, while cooler than disasters like the M9, is still warm. I'd imagine the fact that it's the size of a desk helps disperse the heat.
    I have owned an M9 since it came out and it gets warm but not hot or "overheated" . As for a disaster lets compare who sold more phones last year. BB or HTC. No contest. Get a true perspective on things.
    03-05-16 03:32 AM
    This phone gets warm for light use. I also notice Google play services is high. Remind me of galaxy sgs2 back then..hot..poor battery etc.

03-05-16 03:32 AM
    I usually keep mine around 20-25%. I also have adaptive brightness turned off which let's my screen still be plenty bright even with it being so low
    This is a good tip. My brightness level is between 0 - 5% and I can see plenty with the adaptive brightness switched off.
    03-05-16 04:45 AM
31 12