Ever since I upgraded to Marshmallow, I've noticed that when my Priv gets hot (either due to computational intensive work or being on a dash mount), there is a toast notification that the phone is hot and Android is taking steps to cool.

Can this be disabled? It makes the phone so slow as to be unusable.

Thanks

Adam
    05-18-16 10:48 AM
    It's disabling it for a reason. Why on earth would you want to disable it. It could be dangerous and shorten life, including failure of battery and electronics.

Never leave a phone on the dash or in sunlight ever.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    artemis-kun likes this.
    05-18-16 10:57 AM
    Let it breathe, unless you like the smell of $800 melting silicon.
    05-18-16 01:43 PM
    I have had tons of Android phones and this is the first situation where the phone throttled performance.

Wasn't like this before marshmallow. That's why I want to disable it.
    05-18-16 03:29 PM
    Well, it's something that has existed within Android for as long as I can remember, it isn't anything new, but it's something that only would happen should the device begin to get hot enough to possibly damage the internal components. Most mobile devices have this overheating protection these days, even Apple devices have it. I suppose that until recent times, phones weren't quite powerful enough to cause the protection to kick in unless something really bad was happening to your CPU. Still, it's not new, nor is it something you can disable. Just ensure that the devices remains as cool as possible, and don't charge it while doing these CPU intensive tasks, as that will just compound the issue.
    FF22 likes this.
    05-18-16 04:18 PM
    I have had tons of Android phones and this is the first situation where the phone throttled performance.

Wasn't like this before marshmallow. That's why I want to disable it.
    From what I've read on other threads, your updated to MM went wrong. Try backing up your data, and then reset your entire device. The majority of people are reporting less heating issues after updating to MM. Good luck

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-18-16 11:18 PM
    I don't mean that my phone is overheating more than it did before marshmallow. I'm saying that I don't recall any kind of self-throttling behaviour before marshmallow. And I'm wondering why it's there. My phone goes into throttling mode when it's barely warm even. It's super annoying.
    05-19-16 03:34 AM
    I had forgotten mine lying in the bright sun and it had an armada of throtteling/closing/deactivating/energysave mode-for heat security messages on display when i came back and was quite happy that it did that. Turned it off an put it on cold floor to cool down then, no issues since then.
    FF22 likes this.
    05-19-16 05:14 AM