Hey blackberry people. Now I know current Z10 and Z30 users you a full touch only. However I will tell you this, a slab of a device is extremely extremely boring and won't impact the market at all since it will just get lost with the mix of android and ios phones out there. Now since the slider got revealed I've been reading a lot of comments on various articles and blogs, it's shocking because a lot of people are interested in the device because it had that cool factor to it and reminds a lot of people of the told torch or even the Dell pro slider phone way back.

I was reading like comment like " oh man this phone looks cool, I remember when I had a blackberry and my fav device was the torch I will definitely look at this when it comes out or more details are revealed". People you need to understand putting out a full slab of a device is boring and played out. Every single year it's the same slab over and over and over and over and over again no change just specs that's it. I remember back in the early 2000's every phone was different to a degree and brought different designs to the table.

Now the passport is cool and a lot of people find its interesting however the 1:1 isn't for everyone especially since a lot of people use phone for gaming and watching videos and that ratio is suitable in this day and age.

Remember this history repeats itself in many ways. Look at some of the most popular mobile games...minecraft....flappy bird and so on are some 8 bit graphic games lol.

All I am saying is that we need a change in the mobile world and this is a step in the right direction. For all you Z users....i have a Z30 and it's the best device ever but I want a change and this slider is extremely interesting. Plus I guarantee you if this phone is fully specd out with cool features you guys will buy trust me lol.

PEOPLE THE PHONE ISN'T EVEN RELEASED YET WAIT UNTIL YOU SEE THE FINAL PRODUCT IN ACTION LOL.

Also for those who say BlackBerry should go android yall need to be quiet, if people want an android phone they won't choose blackberry sorry lol.

Posted via my awesome totally amazing BlackBerry Z30
    03-08-15 08:33 AM
    i agree with you i like touch screen but maybe once in a while i would like to use the keyboard
    at this point i don't care about specs i will get it anyway as soon is becoming available hopefully for verizon too.
    03-08-15 09:27 AM
    My boring booty will eventually purchase someone else's boring full touch, if in the next year or so BlackBerry doesn't release one. I bet I'm not alone in this boring decision.

Interesting formats are great, I'm all for them, but they don't move in significant numbers.
    03-08-15 09:32 AM
    My boring booty will eventually purchase someone else's boring full touch, if in the next year or so BlackBerry doesn't release one. I bet I'm not alone in this boring decision.

Interesting formats are great, I'm all for them, but they don't move in significant numbers.
    I am also waiting for a full touch and if there is no rumor for one coming out as you said in a year or so, then I will switch to iphone until the new full touch is announced.

But...If there is a lock button on the keyboard so that it doesnt slide out when you dont want it to, then ill buy the slider and just leave the lock on forever
    03-08-15 09:51 AM
    Remember when people saw the Passport leak images (the Windermere back then) and judged how ugly it was? Pepperidge farm remembers.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-15 10:19 AM
    I am also waiting for a full touch and if there is no rumor for one coming out as you said in a year or so, then I will switch to iphone until the new full touch is announced.

But...If there is a lock button on the keyboard so that it doesnt slide out when you dont want it to, then ill buy the slider and just leave the lock on forever
    Pssshhhhh! That banana phone probably won't even fit my car phone holder. #firstworldproblems
    03-08-15 10:20 AM

That's fine and some people from android or iPhone will come to blackberry because of it. Trust me a good amount of people are intrigued who are non blackberry. Posted the slider on my Facebook and people were like whoa I will get it when it comes out. Sadly our 0.5 market share is really insignificant at this time and but true. I do hope you get the full touch that you want in a year or so and if not then may the force be with you when you switch. You can't please everybody

BionicKris likes this.
    03-08-15 10:48 AM

Why would it matter lock or not?? You're not forced to use the keyboard if you don't want to.

03-08-15 10:49 AM
    Remember when people saw the Passport leak images (the Windermere back then) and judged how ugly it was? Pepperidge farm remembers.

Posted via CB10
    Hmm hmm exactly!!! People talking pure /+*= without seeing the final device . Mark my words those same people complaining will be the same ones who get the phone....especially those z10 users lol

03-08-15 10:50 AM
    Why would it matter lock or not?? You're not forced to use the keyboard if you don't want to.

because i dont want the keyboard to slide out by accident. If it does, i could end up accidentally dropping the phone
    03-08-15 10:57 AM
    That's fine and some people from android or iPhone will come to blackberry because of it. Trust me a good amount of people are intrigued who are non blackberry. Posted the slider on my Facebook and people were like whoa I will get it when it comes out. Sadly our 0.5 market share is really insignificant at this time and but true. I do hope you get the full touch that you want in a year or so and if not then may the force be with you when you switch. You can't please everybody

If unique formats had been attracting any meaningful numbers from other platforms, then market share through the Q10/5, Classic and Passport would be climbing, not falling. It's great to be optimistic, but add a dose of reality to it for good measure.
    03-08-15 03:16 PM
    BB issue is not being different... the OS is very different from the other 3 OS in many ways... hub and actual multitasking being two of them... has not helped grow sales... the jury is out as to whether the Passport ( only true new design ) is successful or not as BB has not seen fit to breakdown sales by device... bottom line whether you put out a slider or something different... will not matter to the average consumer as for most BB is a dead company using an ancient OS devoid of apps.... that cannot compete with Apple or Android OS.... so be as different as you want.. time to realise for now BB time is gone... with the markets rigged the way they are the best we can hope for is NIche innovation... if Apple or Android have not created it... it is no good.....

As for the comment about people wanting Android... really??? who died an made the OP god... as much as I actually agree with the OP position...it certainly is not my place to tell others what to do or what to think.... OP obviously thinks differently....
    03-08-15 03:28 PM
    I have a Z10 and I'm very intrigued by this slider. I had my doubts about it initially but I think BlackBerry did the right decision here as the OP said, a full touch will get lost in all those full touch phones and won't differentiate itself from the rest. At least now this will be different, a best of both worlds scenario. Full touch and slide out keyboard for those that want to use it. This phone will get some Android users over to BlackBerry for sure. I for one, am waiting patiently for tbis Flagship device, can't wait ! They need to release this 3 months before Christmas of this year.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-15 03:37 PM
    because i dont want the keyboard to slide out by accident. If it does, i could end up accidentally dropping the phone
    I wouldn't worry about that if it's anything like the old torch. You have to be pretty deliberate to open it.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2267
    BionicKris likes this.
    03-08-15 03:41 PM
    I wouldn't worry about that if it's anything like the old torch. You have to be pretty deliberate to open it.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2267
    I'd rather not take that chance. I think a 'lock' would be the perfect solution. Press on it, and the keyboard won't swipe out anymore. This is good for 2 reasons:
    1. People that want an all touch
    2. To make sure it doesn't slide out accidentally (could be annoying, or cause the phone to fall and maybe break)

Posted via CB10
    03-08-15 03:46 PM
    OP, there are some people who really like the all touch slab. I consider myself one of those now.

Although I like BB10 enough that I would buy the Slider even if it isn't the perfect answer for my needs well before I would move to another platform as my daily driver.

I think you're being a bit too dismissive of other people's choices.

I would simply suggest that the die-hard all-touch folks just wait and see before moving on to something else. Maybe once the device is in their hands, they might decide that it is quite acceptable.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2267
    BionicKris likes this.
    03-08-15 03:48 PM
    I'd rather not take that chance. I think a 'lock' would be the perfect solution. Press on it, and the keyboard won't swipe out anymore. This is good for 2 reasons:
    1. People that want an all touch
    2. To make sure it doesn't slide out accidentally (could be annoying, or cause the phone to fall and maybe break)

Posted via CB10
    Have you ever held the Torch? I really think this is not something you need to worry about. Weight and thickness are my bigger concerns.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2267
    03-08-15 03:50 PM
    I agree th OP isn't in authority on what people want, but I also agree with his comment. If you want android that bad then go buy an android and leave my bb10 alone. I use BlackBerry because I don't want to use an android. It's just tha simple. I like my bb10 phone and OS a lot. If I want a daggum android that's what I would buy. I also would prefer just a glass slab. I don't need a pkb for any reason I can think of but if I have to and vzw carries a slider then I'll likely give it a shot. For now my z30 is tooling along just fine.

Posted via CB10
    Jrox74 likes this.
    03-08-15 03:52 PM
    Okay... all you "need full touch!" people... what's wrong with a slider the size of a full touch, with full touch capability and keyboard?

Other than slight thickness and maybe cost vs one without... what's it matter?

Posted via CB10
    03-08-15 03:54 PM
    Have you ever held the Torch? I really think this is not something you need to worry about. Weight and thickness are my bigger concerns.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2267
    I used to have a torch which did slide out sometimes by accident.
    My concern is that because this slider appears to be thin (from the pics), it may slide out easily

Posted via CB10
    03-08-15 03:56 PM
    Okay... all you "need full touch!" people... what's wrong with a slider the size of a full touch, with full touch capability and keyboard?

Other than slight thickness and maybe cost vs one without... what's it matter?

Posted via CB10
    Weight, thickness, battery life.

I'll get it anyway, but I understand the issues.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2267
    BigBadWulf and BionicKris like this.
    03-08-15 03:57 PM
    The slider part, whether i would use it or not, is just added components with no need for us "die hard touchscreen fanboys" in my opinion. It limits the case selection and I have never like the slider idea because it adds more points of failure IMO. Give me more battery if you make the device thicker. At least that is something I find valuable. Some people like sliders and for them this phone is for them, some people like just a full touch screen and wont by a slider just to use in all touch mode. They will find their all touch elsewhere. I am in camp 2 as i have no reason to settle for a device that doesnt fit my needs. Especially when paying $650 for it.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    03-08-15 04:11 PM
    How cool it would be if it came with a removable keyboard!

Posted via CB10
    03-08-15 04:28 PM
    If unique formats had been attracting any meaningful numbers from other platforms, then market share through the Q10/5, Classic and Passport would be climbing, not falling. It's great to be optimistic, but add a dose of reality to it for good measure.
    Do you not realize the problem with the Q5 or Q10 classic and Passport?? They have all a 1:1 ratio not everybody wants that aspect ratio and it's for a unique niche of people however the slider is a 16:9 device.

No offense to the passport...as a business device amazing but as a multimedia device or gaming device because of the ratio a lot of people won't like it...even reviewers said the same thing and since most of the phone out there let's say 99 percent of device of users are 16:9, a 1:1 ratio blackberry won't "take off" and grab them by the masses.

03-08-15 04:29 PM
    The slider part, whether i would use it or not, is just added components with no need for us "die hard touchscreen fanboys" in my opinion. It limits the case selection and I have never like the slider idea because it adds more points of failure IMO. Give me more battery if you make the device thicker. At least that is something I find valuable. Some people like sliders and for them this phone is for them, some people like just a full touch screen and wont by a slider just to use in all touch mode. They will find their all touch elsewhere. I am in camp 2 as i have no reason to settle for a device that doesnt fit my needs. Especially when paying $650 for it.
    Although, for me, I'd be "settling" even more if I had to change to Apple or Android. But I get what you're saying.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2267
    BionicKris likes this.
    03-08-15 04:30 PM
78 123 ...