OK so I was one of the impatient ones who ordered a phone from shop blackberry then went to att to get the phone then AL of a sudden shop blackberry decided they want to send me my phone. So the original plan was to do a few comparisons between the unlocked and att version before returned my att unit Then last night I noticed that the volume on the unlocked version was waaaaay lower than the att version. I was like wtf!?! So now I have to return the phone and they sending me a new one. That's the quickest way to get them to send me a new unit which sucks. Anyone else have this issue of low speaker volume?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-13-15 05:57 AM
    I am having issues with my media volume.

It's so strange, but I believe it's a software issue. The speaker phone and ringer volume is loud, similar to passports volume, but when I play a video or music, saved locally on my phone or streamed, the volume is low, like 60% of what it should be.

What I find really strange is that sometimes it goes to full sound and then quiets down on its own, the music sounds "wavey" going up and down randomly.

Could this be an app that is interfering with the media volume levels?

Posted via CB10
    11-13-15 11:06 AM
    Ive noticed this too. I had an at&t priv that seemed louder at lower setting. unlocked I have now seems quieter till you get about 3/4 volume.
    11-13-15 11:44 AM
    I have the att model but volume is good except when I am on speaker some say I sound all garbled.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-13-15 12:00 PM
    I think there's something to do with the ToF (Time of Flight) sensor? or any other sensor?
    Definitely OS issue, not communicating with the sensor properly. Hope this got fixed soon, it gets annoying when playing game, I have to keep adjusting the volume.

Note: never happen when plugged to earphone/bluetooth headset/etc. only when audio comes out from device's speaker.
    12-18-15 07:52 AM
    I am having issues with my media volume.

It's so strange, but I believe it's a software issue. The speaker phone and ringer volume is loud, similar to passports volume, but when I play a video or music, saved locally on my phone or streamed, the volume is low, like 60% of what it should be.

What I find really strange is that sometimes it goes to full sound and then quiets down on its own, the music sounds "wavey" going up and down randomly.

Could this be an app that is interfering with the media volume levels?

Posted via CB10
    Oddly if you are in media mode pulling up the onscreen volume slider will increase the volume substantially and not effective with side volume controls so this is definately a software issue!

вιaсĸвεггч� ᕵяiv (STV100-3 Rogers Wireless)via CB for Android 5.1.1
    12-18-15 10:01 AM
    Oddly if you are in media mode pulling up the onscreen volume slider will increase the volume substantially and not effective with side volume controls so this is definately a software issue!

вιaсĸвεггч� ᕵяiv (STV100-3 Rogers Wireless)via CB for Android 5.1.1
    This problem is still here!

Running an unlocked Priv from BlackBerry on MM...

Is this actually a software issue or hardware
    07-27-16 05:53 AM
    This problem is still here!

Running an unlocked Priv from BlackBerry on MM...

Is this actually a software issue or hardware
    Download Blackberry Virtual Expert and run its various tests.

If you can, call BB:

Blackberry Support 1-866-533-8067
    07-27-16 09:14 AM
    You may have no issue at all.
    It all depends on what your playing and the media it's self.

If your playing thru browser, there could be a volume control thru the Web page. In addition to the volume controls of the phone.

Also you could be playing sound which the original media was recorded with lower recorded volume.

Also quality can play a factor. Lower quality media may have or seem to have lower volume.

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    07-28-16 08:12 AM
    You may have no issue at all.
    It all depends on what your playing and the media it's self.

If your playing thru browser, there could be a volume control thru the Web page. In addition to the volume controls of the phone.

Also you could be playing sound which the original media was recorded with lower recorded volume.

Also quality can play a factor. Lower quality media may have or seem to have lower volume.

Posted via CB10
    Loll thx, good points. But I'm sure there is something wrong. Because the volume is low, then I press the volume key and it does nothing - if I change the orientation of the device suddenly the volume rises.

Or sometimes the volume as I said is at max, then suddenly it lowers in the middle of playback.

I have all the BlackBerry 10 phones plus 4 other android devices, im pretty sure I know if it is due to the above issues or if there's a problem with the phone.

I'm just trying to determine if it's a software or hardware problem at this point...

#whatisclassic
    07-28-16 09:26 AM