I have had my Priv now for about 10 days and I love it. Battery is great, hardware is great, OS is great � even if I want more BB10 gestures �and I am sure things are only going to get better.

Now I want to pair my Priv with a smart watch. Was looking first at just getting a FitBit but if I can get a Smart Watch that counts step and does the heart rate stuff +++ then that is the way I am looking to go. I know very little about Smart Watches and was hoping for some feedback on which ones are duds to be avoided and which ones are winners. Also any experiences people have using them specifically with the Priv is really appreciated.

During a quick scan of BestBuy.ca the Samsung S jumped out at me. I like the form factor and am interested to hear of any personal experiences, again especially with the Priv.

I look forward to your feedback.

Thanks

Twis
    11-23-15 10:53 AM
    I've always been a fan of android wear. But then again I use my smart watches differently. I only need notifications on my arm, I don't need the counting steps etc, as I am going to book gym sessions soon!

So I got me ... Michael Bastian Chronowing Engineered by Hewlett-Packard | HP� Official Store which works for both my note and iphone...
    Mecca EL likes this.
    11-23-15 10:57 AM
    If you are interested in fitness Fitbit and the new Garmin 235 forerunner maybe the way to go. The 235 isn't out yet but has a tentative release in early Dec for the US. Tom Tim has a new one coming out soon too. The Moto 360 is another watch to explore too.
    11-23-15 11:07 AM
    I'm looking forward to getting a Samsung Gear S2 Classic, hopefully soon! Haven't pulled the trigger yet, still have a Moto 360 first gen that does the job okay.
    Theicecreamman likes this.
    11-23-15 11:10 AM
    I have Sony SmartWatch 3, one of the reasons I moved to the Priv from my Passport. It was inexpensive ($200), battery lasts 2 days, and it packs a standalone GPS and NFC. I use it for running/biking/snowboarding without lugging my phone around, and someday, it might even work with Google Wallet (not supported yet).
    11-23-15 11:11 AM
    I have Sony SmartWatch 3, one of the reasons I moved to the Priv from my Passport. It was inexpensive ($200), battery lasts 2 days, and it packs a standalone GPS and NFC. I use it for running/biking/snowboarding without lugging my phone around, and someday, it might even work with Google Wallet (not supported yet).
    The only problem is unless you want to fork out for the new Tag, no Android Wear watches are water resistant only water proof to ip67 standard or something like that...
    11-23-15 11:36 AM
    I'm torn between the Samsung Gear S & S2 Classic. S can put a sim card, S2 has NFC. Decisions! Lol
    11-23-15 12:04 PM
    I recently did the research thing before I bought my smartwatch and I ended up with the Huawei watch over the Moto 360v2 and Samsung S2. The Samsung watch does not run Android Wear so your app choices will be limited (compared to Android Wear). The Huawei watch has better screen resolution and a better quality feel than the Moto 360. (There's a great review comparing the two if you search online).

Overall, the watch is a nice preview of things to come. It's nice to look at your wrist at who the SMS is from rather than pulling out your phone from your pocket. It's fun to change watch faces too as you can go from elegant to sporty at the touch of a button. The biggest downside to any smart watch though is the daily (or almost daily) charging required. It's just one more thing to remember to charge and also the additional cables/chargers you need to have laying around.
    11-23-15 12:07 PM
    Kairos or however you spell it :P

Posted via CB10
    11-23-15 12:10 PM
    pebble time!!!!!
    kertong, plenTpak and lesarmitage like this.
    11-23-15 12:23 PM
    Moto 360 Gen 2. Be wary of the Samsung S2...look online for some reviews about it. I was surprised to find pretty poor reviews overall.
    11-23-15 12:26 PM
    The only problem is unless you want to fork out for the new Tag, no Android Wear watches are water resistant only water proof to ip67 standard or something like that...
    I treat it as water resistant. I get it wet pretty regularly and haven't had any issues - some even use it for swimming laps at the pool, but the only thing keeping water out of it is a rubber dongle thingy on the back covering the microUSB port.
    zocster likes this.
    11-23-15 12:33 PM
    Depends on what you want the watch to show you. I didn't need a watch to keep track of all my fitness stuff or track my sleep patterns. I will paired my Priv with a Martian Victory watch.
    I just needed a watch that shows me
    - text messages
    - email mesages
    - whatsapp messages
    - voice commands, make and receive calls from the watch
    - 5 day battery life for Bluetooth notifications
    - 2 year battery life for the mechanical watch interface

martian victory watch has a normal, mechanical watch face which makes it looks professional.

Cons - no apps and it's a scrolling ticker box to see your messages. However, this works for me.

Bestbuy.CA has it.

I had a moto360 watch last year with a galaxy s4 and sold it after 4 months as the battery life was terrible

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-23-15 12:36 PM
    I am surprised that in this thread people don't recommend pebble time steel, doesn't work with the Priv? I assume it does but now I am curious, I use mine with my passport and the only downside is no WhatsApp notifications, other than that perfect...

Posted via CB10
    kertong likes this.
    11-23-15 12:38 PM
    I've got a pebble steel and love it. It's 5 ATM water resistant. I orginally had it connected to my iphone, but once I connected it to the PRiv, I actually got more functionality with it. The reason I orginally went with the Pebble is because I knew I wasn't going to stay with IOS and since it's works with either IOS or Andriod, made it a no brainer for me. I can't speak for the for battery life on anthying else (well except the apple watches that 2 of my coworkers have and are constantly having to charge them). I charge my pebble on Sunday night, wear it Monday through Friday from 5:am until bed and then shut it off.
    kertong likes this.
    11-23-15 12:41 PM
    I would say I all about price range.

Each smart watch brings something to the table that others do not.

The Moto 360 1st Gen is a great option, we'll because it's good and very cheap because the 2nd Gen just came out.

The Asus ZenWatch is also nice but it's lower end than most.

Or if you really don't want to spend much you can buy a pebble.

 BlackBerry Z30 Chenpion 
    11-23-15 12:50 PM
    Good to know... I use mine with my passport and works pretty well, except for the lack of WhatsApp notifications using talk2watch pro... as you, I charge the watch every 6 to 8 days, great to have peace of mind not worrying about it every day... I am happy to know that you have full functionality when connected to a Priv...

I've got a pebble steel and love it. It's 5 ATM water resistant. I orginally had it connected to my iphone, but once I connected it to the PRiv, I actually got more functionality with it. The reason I orginally went with the Pebble is because I knew I wasn't going to stay with IOS and since it's works with either IOS or Andriod, made it a no brainer for me. I can't speak for the for battery life on anthying else (well except the apple watches that 2 of my coworkers have and are constantly having to charge them). I charge my pebble on Sunday night, wear it Monday through Friday from 5:am until bed and then shut it off.

Posted via CB10
    11-23-15 12:53 PM
    Love my new Pebble Time Steel. 10 days battery life, great for swimming, uses a standard size watch band, works flawlessly with Priv, sleep tracking and pedometer functions through apps like Misfit, and supports Android Wear notification apps now too.

Had a standard Pebble before it and liked it too.

Posted from my BlackBerry Priv
    kertong likes this.
    11-23-15 12:55 PM
    I've got a Samsung gear s2. It works pretty well but as mentioned it doesn't have some of the features an android wear compatible watch has. I get my text and BBM notifications all right.
    11-23-15 08:10 PM
    I have had my Priv now for about 10 days and I love it. Battery is great, hardware is great, OS is great – even if I want more BB10 gestures –and I am sure things are only going to get better.

Now I want to pair my Priv with a smart watch. Was looking first at just getting a FitBit but if I can get a Smart Watch that counts step and does the heart rate stuff +++ then that is the way I am looking to go. I know very little about Smart Watches and was hoping for some feedback on which ones are duds to be avoided and which ones are winners. Also any experiences people have using them specifically with the Priv is really appreciated.

During a quick scan of BestBuy.ca the Samsung S jumped out at me. I like the form factor and am interested to hear of any personal experiences, again especially with the Priv.

I look forward to your feedback.

Thanks

Twis
    Do NOT buy a Gear S if you do not own a Samsung phone. The experience is not fun. The watch was not meant to operate as a stand-alone, although it can work without a Samsung device. You'll be locked out the Tizen Store.

Having said that, there are a few ways to get a non-Samsung phone to pair to the Gear S, but it's the equivalent of casting spells and summoning demons. I bought my Gear S last year, excited about it's features, etc., not releasing what I detailed above. I thought it would instantly pair to my OnePlus One. I eventually got it to do so, and almost all of the features work. But things like updates and apps, have to be done via sideloading. Not a pain, but not seamless either.
    11-23-15 08:31 PM
    I didn't read all the posts but curious if anyone is using the LG Urbane? Hope to get the Priv when available via VZW and looking for a decent review when compared to the others...

Thanks in advance.

Posted via CB10
    11-23-15 09:06 PM
    Garmin Vivoactive!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-23-15 09:50 PM
    How do you find the Chronowing? I've heard it's not very stable.
    11-23-15 10:15 PM
    Just upgraded to the Pebble Time Steel and works amazing with the Priv. All the features seem enhanced compared to the way it was functioning with talk2watch pro on bbos10!

вιaсĸвεггч� ᕵяiv (STV100-3 Rogers Wireless)via CB for Android 5.1.1
    zocster likes this.
    11-24-15 05:49 AM
    +1 for the Huawei Watch. Been using it on other Android phones. I think it's the best Android Wear watch money can buy at the moment.
    11-24-15 06:13 AM
75 123