so I wrote earlier post about autofocus problem with my phone. so this royally sucks

but

now I am sitting at work seminar for second day and take notes on my priv.

omg. typing on physical keyboard is so good , fast and efficient. blackberry seriously nailed it with physical keyboard and suggestions.

it would be extremely hard to part with priv.
    having z10 and z30 for couple of years I can say with no hesitation that physical keyboard is far superior to any virtual keyboard as good as they are.
    11-23-16 10:33 AM
    Hope we can get Priv 2! (I know wishful thinking)
    chuckiev79 and Mirko935 like this.
    11-23-16 10:41 AM
    Imagine if the Priv had a FULL sized side sliding PKB instead of an afterthought mini bottom sliding keyboard. Large chicklet keys and calculator numerical keypad on the right side.

I would probably sell my laptops and desktops on eBay.
    11-23-16 11:09 AM
    Imagine if the Priv had a FULL sized side sliding PKB instead of an afterthought mini bottom sliding keyboard. Large chicklet keys and calculator numerical keypad on the right side.

There realy should be a company that builds phones like these for the pros.

Posted via CB10
    11-23-16 12:09 PM
    There realy should be a company that builds phones like these for the pros.

Posted via CB10
    Sadly, all the manufacturers are engaged in a race for thinner and thinner smartphones so this will not be realized.

Apple wanted their latest phone so thin that they got rid of the headphone jack altogether.

Someday, we will all be stuck with credit card sized smartphones.
    11-23-16 12:31 PM

it is called passport. we just need updated specs and android
    11-23-16 12:39 PM
    If the Passport had a 4 row keyboard and Android, I'd buy it immediately.

Posted via CB10
    Carmels likes this.
    11-23-16 12:58 PM

Posted via CB10
    if blackberry comes out with passport with Android I will buy it day one. passport is one great phone
    11-23-16 01:02 PM
    it is called passport. we just need updated specs and android
    Nope. It is not a Passport. The Passport is limited by its OS and lack of apps.
    11-23-16 01:12 PM
    Nope. It is not a Passport. The Passport is limited by its OS and lack of apps.
    android passport
    11-23-16 01:13 PM
    if blackberry comes out with passport with Android I will buy it day one. passport is one great phone
    I suspect Mercury will have a much improved keyboard over PRIV. We shall see!
    bitek likes this.
    11-23-16 02:58 PM

Actually, a few days ago I took my old HTC Desire Z (which is a landscape slider) out of the drawer to check something out and I must say that its keyboard seems just too wide now that I got used to Priv. It actually feels kind of hard to reach the buttons. I'm scared to even imagine how it would feel with a 5.4 instead of 3.7 in screen.

Although I loved Desire Z's keyboard a few years ago and sweared by landscape sliders, Priv keyboard's size is just easier, faster and more enjoyable to use, so I'd say that a portrait slider at this screen size is definitely the way to go.

I'm just hoping that a miracle happens and BlackBerry decides to make a Priv 2 at some point. Snapdragon 835's specs leaked a few days ago so we got the Priv 2's SoC covered.
    bitek likes this.
    11-23-16 03:50 PM
    There's a real difference between "wishful thinking" and TOTAL DELUSION!!!
    Uzi and Jrox74 like this.
    11-23-16 04:06 PM
    Lol
    11-23-16 07:44 PM
    Isn't that a Passport? so just get that
    11-24-16 07:28 PM
    I have a love-hate relationship with my Passport.

Works great, until I need to use an Android-only app.
    11-24-16 10:06 PM

Posted via CB10
    That would be the perfect phone.. ever!!

Posted via Passport SE
    11-24-16 10:08 PM
    I have a love-hate relationship with my Passport.

Works great, until I need to use an Android-only app.
    my opinion is that if passport had android it would sell well for blackberry. I like slider phones but those type of phones were never been big sellers for blackberry. passport was perhaps the best seller for bb10.
    yyz321 likes this.
    11-25-16 08:37 AM
    so I wrote earlier post about autofocus problem with my phone. so this royally sucks

but

now I am sitting at work seminar for second day and take notes on my priv.

omg. typing on physical keyboard is so good , fast and efficient. blackberry seriously nailed it with physical keyboard and suggestions.

it would be extremely hard to part with priv.
    having z10 and z30 for couple of years I can say with no hesitation that physical keyboard is far superior to any virtual keyboard as good as they are.
    Yeah I feel you!

I'm tired of trying any workaround to get my priv to last throughout the day instead of just 11-12 hrs then I have to top it up in the afternoon, what a nuisance. I have a lumia 950xl and the battery is just, going... going... and keeps going. I'm also questioning the accuracy of my priv's battery percentage indicator as seems it's a bit too optimistic whenever my phone is hooked to the charger.

However, after switching my daily driver to the lumia for a week, I finally made up my mind to come back to my "home", yeah, BlackBerry, so I'm back to my PRIV now.

Hopefully there won't be anymore love & hate..
    11-25-16 08:59 AM
    Yeah I feel you!

I'm tired of trying any workaround to get my priv to last throughout the day instead of just 11-12 hrs then I have to top it up in the afternoon, what a nuisance. I have a lumia 950xl and the battery is just, going... going... and keeps going. I'm also questioning the accuracy of my priv's battery percentage indicator as seems it's a bit too optimistic whenever my phone is hooked to the charger.

However, after switching my daily driver to the lumia for a week, I finally made up my mind to come back to my "home", yeah, BlackBerry, so I'm back to my PRIV now.

Hopefully there won't be anymore love & hate..
    physical keyboard makes huge difference for me. blackberry nailed it with how touchscreen complements physical keyboard well.
    yyz321 likes this.
    11-25-16 09:14 AM