The solution to removing the phone app is to put the phone app back.
    Settings --> Apps --> All --> Phone, and click "Enable".

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    No it doesn't happen because it is not there.

I said I spent over 4 hours on the phone with BlackBerry Support. We did all that and more.

It doesn't do any good to take screen shots because the phone "app or icon" is not there. (Period)

The above screen shot is done AFTER it is FIXED
    01-19-16 12:23 AM
    It was not just removed. It was disabled then it disappeared.
    Not even 4 hours of support can find as described above.
    Not so easy and same for every android phone

Posted via my Priv
    Okay, my apologies. Very odd though, as I just disabled mine (poof, it's gone), and then re-enabled it (poof, it's back). *shrug*

01-19-16 12:25 AM
    It was not just removed. It was disabled then it disappeared.
    Not even 4 hours of support can find as described above.
    Not so easy and same for every android phone

Posted via my Priv
    They don't have a clue what we are talking about.

It is a problem.

Since that incident I have lost other icons or widgets from the home screen and have had to put them back.

It it happens again this phone is going in the drawer until BlackBerry Support figures it out.
    01-19-16 12:27 AM
    This ######g Android app ###ks when using a Android OS phone
    01-19-16 12:30 AM
    Was contacted by BlackBerry Support today. Sent them a bug report and 4 screen shots.

Pinot2015 suggest you call BlackBerry Support and tell them my case number 30265537 for reference.
    01-20-16 12:04 AM
    I am very impressed with BlackBerry's support they just emailed me again.

I advised them the problem. Is because apps will. Not work correctly when moved to the SD card. Mr number and White Pages were on my SD card when I lost the phone icon.

I also was losing icon/widgets of the home page that were on the card.

01-26-16 12:16 AM
    You can't delete system apps or move them to external storage without root access on Android.

Also posting an image directly from the device is easy. Are you using Tapatalk? It's the best way to forum browse on Android.
    Jonneh likes this.
    01-26-16 12:36 AM
    You can't delete system apps or move them to external storage without root access on Android.

Also posting an image directly from the device is easy. Are you using Tapatalk? It's the best way to forum browse on Android.
    Did not move any system apps. It won't allow you to move them.

Move 2 bank apps, Mr number, white pages and weather app.

01-27-16 06:56 AM
    Did not move any system apps. It won't allow you to move them.

Move 2 bank apps, Mr number, white pages and weather app.

The phone app is a system app.
    Jonneh likes this.
    01-27-16 06:57 AM
    This problem was such a concern that BlackBerry Support contacted me by phone after I sent my logs 4 times

This was the first time a manufacturer's support has ever followed up on a problem.

Thank you BlackBerry

01-28-16 07:43 AM
    I had these same issues today, i.e. for no apparent reason my phone icon was gone from the home screen and the app drawer. I found the discussion here very helpful but my solution appears to be a bit different, so I am documenting it here in case it helps others avoid a factory reset. I found that 'Dialer' was disabled when I went to Settings --> Apps -->Disabled'. I enabled it and then went to the app drawer and dragged the Phone app to the main screen to solve.
    03-30-16 10:01 AM
    I have same issue, phone icon gonzo???? I looked in apps to see if it is disabled and it is not there. Searched for phone, searched for dialer, did a reboot and hard reboot, still no phone to be found. Trying to understand what my next step is, but not sure where to go from here. Blackberry supports say "Call us at" BUT I don't have a dam phone to call!! Any help or thoughts as to next steps?
    03-30-16 12:13 PM
    Would have helped with back up and restore
    That's what all those apps are for, aren't they? 🙈🙉🙊
    03-30-16 02:05 PM
    I have same issue, phone icon gonzo???? I looked in apps to see if it is disabled and it is not there. Searched for phone, searched for dialer, did a reboot and hard reboot, still no phone to be found. Trying to understand what my next step is, but not sure where to go from here. Blackberry supports say "Call us at" BUT I don't have a dam phone to call!! Any help or thoughts as to next steps?
    Happened to me as well , obviously I deleted by accident and could not find anywhere. BlackBerry advised to wipe phone to reinstall OS.
    I actually had to wipe the phone and start all over. Just make sure to take out SD card first.

Posted from my Priv
    03-30-16 03:13 PM
    Hey Palys, Go to Settings>swipe right to All menu>Scroll down and look for "Dialer". Touch that icon and you should be able to enable it from there.. let us know how it goes
    04-01-16 10:56 AM
40 12