Guy said it was the ONLY keyboard phone in the entire store. Now, that I believe.

Look what I saw at the T-Mobile store and look at its PRICE.-img_20170116_1131433.jpg
    Sigewif likes this.
    01-16-17 02:44 PM
    Is that an old photo you dug up?

Price and fact that T-Mobile stopped carrying the PRIV long ago... would indicate it's not recent.

If it is, wonder if they just shipped stock to a few key markets to sell them? But strange they would remove them online too.
    andy957 and Fiki16 like this.
    01-16-17 02:57 PM
    Guy said it was the ONLY keyboard phone in the entire store. Now, that I believe.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20170116_1131433.jpg 
Views:	424 
Size:	95.4 KB 
ID:	415940
    Well, well. Seattle area?
    anon(4243545) likes this.
    01-16-17 03:07 PM
    Well, well. Seattle area?
    Kind of - Bellevue Square in Bellevue. Rather upscale Mall. I mentioned that I thought that they did not sell them anymore. He was not sure. But there it was. I recognized it across the floor and then saw the sign.
    01-16-17 03:34 PM
    Is that an old photo you dug up?

Price and fact that T-Mobile stopped carrying the PRIV long ago... would indicate it's not recent.

If it is, wonder if they just shipped stock to a few key markets to sell them? But strange they would remove them online too.
    Taken Live and in Person TODAY. Maybe I should have had a current newspaper like they do in kidnap pictures to show "proof of life!"

Tmobile Store in Bellevue Square, Bellevue, WA.
    01-16-17 03:43 PM
    Taken Live and in Person TODAY. Maybe I should have had a current newspaper like they do in kidnap pictures to show "proof of life!"

That would work....

You said in a Mall, is it an offical store or a T-Mobile reseller that might have possibly bought a bunch of stock?

Great to see it on display... sad they still want over $700 for it.
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    01-16-17 03:51 PM
    Wow that price though......redonkulious!
    andy957 likes this.
    01-16-17 03:58 PM
    That would work....

You said in a Mall, is it an offical store or a T-Mobile reseller that might have possibly bought a bunch of stock?

Great to see it on display... sad they still want over $700 for it.
    Is there a way to tell? I just looked it up. I believe it is an official T Mobile store. He seemed to be a bit vague on whether he could order it or sell it. But there it was on display with an outrageous price.
    01-16-17 04:54 PM
    Good to see it in the store but that price is crazy. Considering we see them on sale for $399 through BlackBerry direct.
    01-16-17 05:17 PM
    Kind of - Bellevue Square in Bellevue. Rather upscale Mall. I mentioned that I thought that they did not sell them anymore. He was not sure. But there it was. I recognized it across the floor and then saw the sign.
    It has that price BECAUSE it's in Bellevue Square!

If you don't pay full retail in Bellevue Square, they make you shop at Crossroads and move to Renton.
    01-16-17 06:10 PM

If you don't pay full retail in Bellevue Square, they make you shop at Crossroads and move to Renton.
    Or even worse - South Sound. Tiffany & Company is on the same mall "block." So UPSCALE for sure.
    01-16-17 06:30 PM
    The T-Mobile corporate store in Miami nearest to me has the Priv AND the Classic still on display. This is not that far-fetched.
    FF22 likes this.
    01-16-17 06:35 PM
    Optus here in Aus sells the priv on plan, or outright. Outright price .... $934 ..... ridiculous!! And they wonder why they don't sell a lot ....
    01-16-17 07:17 PM
    And a Windows device behind it as well!

Bizarro store.

Posted via CB10
    01-16-17 07:40 PM

Ahem... And what's wrong with shopping at Crossroads and living in Renton??! Other than having to drive up and over Kennydale hill and through the Renton S-curves twice a day doing a grand total of 10 mph on a good day....
    FF22 likes this.
    01-16-17 07:53 PM
    Ahem... And what's wrong with shopping at Crossroads and living in Renton??! Other than having to drive up and over Kennydale hill and through the Renton S-curves twice a day doing a grand total of 10 mph on a good day....
    I have to admit, I don't mind no longer commuting from Greenlake to Renton. It got old and OLDER and I got even older over those 30+ years! But I was I-5 and generally coming home was worse than going.
    01-16-17 08:49 PM
    These BlackBerry phones on display at upscale stores can be for the sake of making an impression, especially if there is a Windows phone there too. There is an office store in town here with the reputation that it carries everything...EVERYTHING having to do with office supplies. So there are items on display there that no longer are commonly used in most offices. They also have the modern stuff. Business people go there to shop because they KNOW they can get that hard to find item there. I believe that some of the old stuff they have in that store, they don't expect to sell but have the items as props. At the TMO store, that would explain the high price too. And then if someone comes in who has enough money to buy it on a whim, well there it is for them. 😁
    FF22 likes this.
    01-16-17 11:22 PM
    Good to see it in the store but that price is crazy. Considering we see them on sale for $399 through BlackBerry direct.
    Sometimes even lower, purchased mine from Shop.Blackberry for $299. So to see pricing ABOVE $700 is just absolute madness and I would be very surprised if they even made one sale.

Thanks for the photo OP at least, the BlackBerry name is getting out there and people can at least have a look at the phone even if they not interested in purchasing

Posted Via BlackBerry Q5
    01-16-17 11:36 PM
    Sometimes even lower, purchased mine from Shop.Blackberry for $299. So to see pricing ABOVE $700 is just absolute madness and I would be very surprised if they even made one sale.

Thanks for the photo OP at least, the BlackBerry name is getting out there and people can at least have a look at the phone even if they not interested in purchasing

Posted Via BlackBerry Q5
    Barely. The keyboard was closed and the leash/vise mechanism made it hard to slide open. I doubt anyone has seen that it has a keyboard.
    Sigewif likes this.
    01-17-17 12:44 AM
    Well, in Europe it still costs the equivalent of 800$ (while you can find one for about 500$ online).
    FF22 likes this.
    01-17-17 02:31 AM

What F2 ( you don't mind if i call you F2, do you,F2!) What he failed to report was that while the photo was taken today,the store has been closed for quite a while.
    FF22 and PantherBlitz like this.
    01-17-17 02:55 AM
    Barely. The keyboard was closed and the leash/vise mechanism made it hard to slide open. I doubt anyone has seen that it has a keyboard.
    That was the problem with their display at TMO. I think it probably hindered their sales when the phone first was sold at T-Moblie. l. I don't know who was responsible for designing their displays but it was not well designed (understatement). Someone at the local store here said to me that they did sell a few but that probably was in spite of the display.
    FF22 likes this.
    01-17-17 08:44 AM
    That was the problem with their display at TMO. I think it probably hindered their sales when the phone first was sold at T-Moblie. l. I don't know who was responsible for designing their displays but it was not well designed (understatement). Someone at the local store here said to me that they did sell a few but that probably was in spite of the display.
    The ones they sold were to BlackBerry mavens who were buying it no matter what.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt and FF22 like this.
    01-17-17 08:53 AM
    I agree....

I went to our local Verizon corporate store, as the resellers never had it. Always opened the phone and left it that way.... BlackBerry could have worked closer with the carriers to offer some sort of display that really showed off the keyboard.
    FF22 and Sigewif like this.
    01-17-17 12:19 PM
    The ones they sold were to BlackBerry mavens who were buying it no matter what.
    I might have bought it from TMO if they had had it at release, but they had to wait till AT&T's exclusive ran out. As it turned out, I got mine from ShopBlackBerry. I am glad for that now because I get the updates right away.
    01-17-17 12:31 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD