When I long press a key on the physical keyboard of my Priv, I get the letter repeated. I understand the default setting should be that I get cap, as I have in all my previous BBs. Is it possible to change this via the device settings or do I have a faulty device?
    03-21-17 03:55 AM
    When I long press a key on the physical keyboard of my Priv, I get the letter repeated. I understand the default setting should be that I get cap, as I have in all my previous BBs. Is it possible to change this via the device settings or do I have a faulty device?
    N
    Here's a pic of the long press 'n' on my priv keyboard. So, yes long press works as it should for me.

Could it be a technique thing?
    Attached Thumbnails Long press not working on Priv physical keyboard.-9229.jpg  
    03-21-17 05:21 AM
    I should have done a letter other than the first letter of a sentence ,lol.

So ...... Here We Go
    Attached Thumbnails Long press not working on Priv physical keyboard.-9230.jpg  
    03-21-17 05:24 AM
    Do you have the lastest version of the keyboard app?

I just tested on an email reply and I could force CAPS in the middle of the sentence and even in worRdS by holding down on the kEy.
    anon(3641385) likes this.
    03-21-17 09:18 AM
    Thanks guys, but I know what it should be like because I've had it before. But on this phone if I long press k, for example, instead of getting K, I get kkkkkkkkkk (as you would on a PC).

How would I know if I have the latest keyboard app? It's a fairly new phone and I always update it but it's been like this since I got it.
    03-21-17 12:27 PM
    Thanks guys, but I know what it should be like because I've had it before. But on this phone if I long press k, for example, instead of getting K, I get kkkkkkkkkk (as you would on a PC).

How would I know if I have the latest keyboard app? It's a fairly new phone and I always update it but it's been like this since I got it.
    I looked before and there does not appear to be any settings/options for changing that behavior in the Input/Lang Settings.

Do you have any third party apps that might be affecting it.

As for Apps, open the Google Playstore and search for "Blackberry" and see if anything comes up that offers an update. Or open it and hit the upper Left menu and tap "My apps & Games" and see if there are updates to any of the apps you use.

Reboot/restart

From BB blog: http://helpblog.blackberry.com/2015/...to-reset-priv/

Three restart/reboot methods

The first method, which should be used 99.9% of the time when you want to reboot your device, is using the Reboot option that appears after pressing the Power key.

Press and hold the Power key for 3 seconds
    Select Reboot from the menu that is presented

The second reset method should be used if pressing the Power key does not produce the menu with Power Off and Restart. For example, if an app or game you are using won’t close, use this option to restart your device.

Press and hold the Power key for 12 seconds

Third method: Should your device fail to respond, the final reset method is to press and hold the Power key for 32 seconds which is equivalent to removing the battery. This should result in your device booting up successfully.

If it fails to start, however, verify you are not pressing any other keys such as Volume Up, Mute, or Volume Down while performing any of the reset methods listed above. If you use a case for your device you may want to remove it as it might be pressing a button inadvertently.

And just for an extra measure, if needed:

Safe Mode:

The next step is placing your device into safe mode.

When used, Safe Mode will disable any third party apps or games you have installed. As a result of this, should your device not exhibit the issue while in Safe Mode it’s safe to assume the issue is specific to an app or game you have installed. Safe Mode may also remove apps and/or widgets from your various home screens when you go back to Normal.

Press and hold the power key
    Tap and hold Power off (that is Press/Hold the Power Off prompt line) when it appears
    When prompted, tap OK to reboot to Safe Mode

To get out of Safe Mode, press and hold the power key followed by tapping Reboot.

After testing, should your device not exhibit any issues, the next step is to remove recently installed applications one by one until the issue is resolved.
    anon(3641385) likes this.
    03-21-17 02:04 PM
    Thanks guys, but I think my device must be faulty. Ho hum.
    03-22-17 02:29 AM
    Thanks guys, but I think my device must be faulty. Ho hum.
    My guess is that it's a software issue, not hardware.

Perhaps uninstalling the update, then turn device off and via playstore update BlackBerry keyboard again

so, settings, apps, BlackBerry keyboard, 3 dots top right.

I can't see there would be any drawbacks to taking this action, but, others might want to chime in .....
    Attached Thumbnails Long press not working on Priv physical keyboard.-9283.jpg  
    03-22-17 03:12 AM
    Hello again. I've fixed the problem. It was because I was using a SwiftKey soft keyboard. I've switched back to the BlackBerry keyboard and now I get caps when long pressing the physical keyboard. Must say though, with both soft and hard BlackBerry keyboards it's a real pain to have to change screens to get punctuation like apostrophes.
    FF22 likes this.
    03-22-17 03:30 AM
    Agreed ,😀 and good to know the issue has been sorted.
    03-22-17 03:35 AM
    Have you tried turning off the phone, not just rebooting?
    03-22-17 03:54 AM
    Hello again. I've fixed the problem. It was because I was using a SwiftKey soft keyboard. I've switched back to the BlackBerry keyboard and now I get caps when long pressing the physical keyboard. Must say though, with both soft and hard BlackBerry keyboards it's a real pain to have to change screens to get punctuation like apostrophes.
    I might mention re apostrophes, if when you need to use one, for example, I'm, then look at the keyboard suggestion. In the case of I'm, I just enter im and then slide my thumb to I'm on the bottom of the screen.
    FF22 likes this.
    03-22-17 04:00 AM
    I forgot to add the pic, lol 😀
    Attached Thumbnails Long press not working on Priv physical keyboard.-9284.jpg  
    03-22-17 04:01 AM
    I agree with Heaven - I generally allow them to be added automatically. "im" becomes "I'm" and "dont" becomes "don't" etc.

I do miss having quick access to the Question Mark. I still use a word substitution to add it but BB-Android does not handle the substitution like the older BB10 and BBOS handed it. The Priv does not remove an extra space.
    03-22-17 09:26 AM