Hello all, I am in the process of fine-tuning my Priv experience and have reached the browser component. I tried Chrome but found it got my phone really hot and drained the battery when I had multiple tabs open. I then went through several like Dolphin, Firefox (and Focus), Opera Mini, and Polarity.

I finally settled on Yandex as it has a nice UI, capability for add-ons/extensions, has a reader mode, and has the URL bar at the bottom. It doesn't get the phone as hot but it still can cause battery drain with multiple tabs.

What are browsers you have found the most success with on Priv in terms of functionality and battery life conservation?
    08-22-17 11:47 AM
    FireFox Focus.
    bluetroll and oldsoul123 like this.
    08-22-17 11:55 AM
    FireFox Focus.
    I have the same problem. Will try Firefox Focus. Thank you Bla1ze.
    08-22-17 08:03 PM
    Agreed. FF seems to be my go to browser more often. For the light browsing I do most of the time it's perfect
    08-22-17 08:08 PM
    If not FF, then JumpGo. It's really speedy and light (low battery usage) on the Passport, so it ought to fly on the Priv.
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    08-22-17 10:14 PM
    Keyboard browser is an absolute must, if you want to enjoy browsing with the PKB.
    08-22-17 10:23 PM
    Naked Browser for touchscreen mode.
    08-22-17 10:23 PM
    I then went through several like Dolphin, Firefox (and Focus), Opera Mini, and Polarity.
    FireFox Focus.
    I don't mean to be rude, but I already tried it and it was too bare-bones for me. Thank you though.
    08-22-17 10:30 PM
    If not FF, then JumpGo. It's really speedy and light (low battery usage) on the Passport, so it ought to fly on the Priv.
    Sweet, I haven't heard of JumpGo. I'll look into it, thank you.
    08-22-17 10:31 PM
    Keyboard browser is an absolute must, if you want to enjoy browsing with the PKB.
    Naked Browser for touchscreen mode.
    I forgot to mention, I have Keyboard Browser installed as a secondary but something with it is not "clicking" with me. I found Yandex to be far superior, even better if it had keyboard options.

Naked Browser I haven't heard of, I'll see about it. What is touchscreen mode? Isn't Priv touchscreen enough already lol?
    Nathan Conley likes this.
    08-22-17 10:35 PM
    I forgot to mention, I have Keyboard Browser installed as a secondary but something with it is not "clicking" with me. I found Yandex to be far superior, even better if it had keyboard options.

Naked Browser I haven't heard of, I'll see about it. What is touchscreen mode? Isn't Priv touchscreen enough already lol?
    Lol. I meant with the keyboard retracted.

So yeah. Naked Browser won't win any beauty contests. It is however just about as snappy, small, and trustworthy of a browser one can find.

"Best browser" lists always include it, even though it isn't a "big" corporation creation.

Gesture controls are absolutely endless . Highly recommended.

I think the original file (for Naked Browser) is around 4 MB. I use it at around 30% the size of Chrome.
    Last edited by Nathan Conley; 08-22-17 at 11:12 PM.
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    08-22-17 10:44 PM
    I use Ghostery
    08-22-17 10:52 PM
    Lol. I meant with the keyboard retracted.

So yeah. Naked Browser won't win any beauty contests. It is however just about as snappy, small, and trustworthy of a browser one can find.

"Best browser" lists always include it, even though it isn't a big "corporation" creation.

Gesture controls are absolutely endless . Highly recommended.

I think the original file (for Naked Browser) is around 4 MB. I use it at around 30% the size of Chrome.
    Ohohoho I got what you mean now, my bad.

And sweet! It looks like a winner. Thank you.

I use Ghostery
    Whodathunk I didn't even consider they would make a browser. Makes total sense for them, thank you.
    Nathan Conley likes this.
    08-22-17 11:07 PM
    Just realized I put the sarcastic quotes around "corporation" not "big" .

Jokes on this guy. "LOL"
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    08-22-17 11:13 PM
    Installed n removed too much browser, Yandex is the best, bottom toolbar, can use with one hand easily.
    I'm using priv
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    08-23-17 08:21 PM
    Installed n removed too much browser, Yandex is the best, bottom toolbar, can use with one hand easily.
    I'm using priv
    I did find it the best, but Yandex got too hot with Facebook/mutiple tabs.
    Naked browser is very good but you have to get used to the presentation.
    I found Habit browser from an old Priv post and it is very excellent. Toolbar on bottom, gestures, utterly customizable, and lightweight. I'll need to test it extensively though to see impact on battery life.
    08-26-17 04:01 AM
    I'm using ghostery. Works well but the bookmark options suck ballz. Otherwise it works well.
    08-27-17 02:31 AM
    Brave Browser (second Naked Browser as well)

Posted via CB10
    08-27-17 12:14 PM
    As testing browsers is kind of a hobby. Stumbled onto "Browser" on F-Droid.

A FOSS webview based browser. Adblock included. And with the url bar at the bottom. For the moment running well. Could be my Naked Browser replacement.

Only "bad" thing noticed till now, it requires jollipop minimum, so doesnt run on the Classic and Passport laying around here.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by johnsliderbb; 02-23-18 at 01:17 PM.
    02-23-18 01:07 PM

I thought there was complaining Hander spies... no?
    02-23-18 04:03 PM
    As testing browsers is kind of a hobby. Stumbled onto "Browser" on F-Droid.

A FOSS webview based browser. Adblock included. And with the url bar at the bottom. For the moment running well. Could be my Naked Browser replacement.

Only "bad" thing noticed till now, it requires jollipop minimum, so doesnt run on the Classic and Passport laying around here.

Posted via CB10
    I just downloaded it and I like it. However, I would suggest Habit as a replacement. It has gestures so you can scroll to the top/bottom of any webpage without ever needing to slide out the keyboard as well as having the option of having the URL bar on the top or bottom. It's quite customizable.

I thought there was complaining Hander spies... no?
    I'm not really following you?
    02-24-18 02:20 AM
    I just downloaded it and I like it. However, I would suggest Habit as a replacement. It has gestures so you can scroll to the top/bottom of any webpage without ever needing to slide out the keyboard as well as having the option of having the URL bar on the top or bottom. It's quite customizable.

I'm not really following you?
    Thanks, will try that one as well.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by johnsliderbb; 02-24-18 at 06:07 AM.
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    02-24-18 05:13 AM