I posted this in another thread where in my opinion, folks are getting a bit testy in demanding responses from the Blackberry employees who voluntarily visit Crackberry and answer some questions and supply some background on what's going on with Priv software.

This is solely my opinion. And I will admit, sometimes my opinion is things should work better but I can't demand that it work better and not from volunteers.

BB is not the most responsive or emotive company. But also let's remember that while a few of their employees have been gracious in answering some of our questions and concerns, they are not necessarily the ones in charge of responding or changing or fixing apps or the OS. Let's not make life difficult for them. They are not going to answer every question. They are not going to fix every bug immediately or add new options at the drop of a hat. Let's be understanding and accept what they can and do offer without being too demanding.

Thanks for listening.
    duckduke, Bla1ze, Uzi and 58 others like this.
    05-27-16 11:42 AM
    Agreed. 110%
    05-27-16 11:50 AM
    Absolutely agree.
    05-27-16 12:04 PM
    I agree, this attitude of instant satisfaction isn't fair with these guys... funny because this is not the official BlackBerry support forum so they don't have to do this for anyone, they don't even have to be here at all... and yet you see people getting mad at them if there is no response, or the issue that user is having isn't remove in days... however, as always, it's just a minority, the majority of posters are grateful of their hard work... thanks!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Uzi, Pegger5, Sigewif and 4 others like this.
    05-27-16 12:06 PM
    05-27-16 12:06 PM
    I've said that all along - I can't thank them enough for being here on their own time!
    roleli likes this.
    05-27-16 12:23 PM
    Hear hear. I, for one, have very much appreciated the interaction i have had with the BB guys around here.
    05-27-16 12:25 PM
    I finally decided to register on CB but have been on here reading for years.
    Blows me away how some treat this forum as the company BlackBerry Support Customer Service Centre. This is not the place. I do however find it great when members help other members which is what this forum is all about instead of just complaining to BlackBerry. There are different avenues for that. Like BlackBerry Support.
    We are lucky to have them appearing here trying to help on this third party site.
    gallopiton, roleli and Jrox74 like this.
    05-27-16 12:33 PM
    Yeah, I saw poor Cody on here risking his marriage to reply to posts a 3AM EST. Yet some are so rude to him and other BlackBerry employees around here. Those self entitled *****s should be ashamed of themselves.
    05-27-16 12:52 PM
    That's right people, stop with this sense of entitlement to the BB employees. They're gracious to be here on their own time and helping us out whenever they can. We should be thankful for this. I'd venture to guess that this kind of community involvement rarely (if ever) happens for Google or the other Android phones.

The regular folks here should be doing the heavy lifting.
    Pegger5 likes this.
    05-27-16 12:53 PM
    aaaaannnddd... welcome to the forum!

I finally decided to register on CB but have been on here reading for years.
    Blows me away how some treat this forum as the company BlackBerry Support Customer Service Centre. This is not the place. I do however find it great when members help other members which is what this forum is all about instead of just complaining to BlackBerry. There are different avenues for that. Like BlackBerry Support.
    We are lucky to have them appearing here trying to help on this third party site.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    05-27-16 01:11 PM
    Just be glad some of the BlackBerry people are hear reading and listening and helping us and taking back information to help us and the rest of the customers all over the world.

Thank you all that are here!
    05-27-16 02:13 PM
    So after being on PP for over a year.... I get a PRIV and what happens............

Every time I pick up PRIV I swipe up -- swipe up -- swipe up -- swipe up -- swipe up........... nothing

After spending a couple of days setting up my PRIV......... I now pick up my PP and tap tap - tap tap - tap tap - tap tap........ nothing

Someone should pay for this torture I have to endure!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope you enjoyed the rant

P.S.- Very thankful for all the input by BB and others here. I knew almost nothing about Android/PRIV. Without the input here I would be struggling much more than I am.
    05-27-16 02:18 PM
    Thanks for your post, F2. For anyone having trouble understanding this concept: imagine you come home from work as a (pick a profession; physicians assistant, attorney, mechanic). You love your work and helping people, so when you have a few minutes you swing by your favorite forum where people come or help. When you can, you throw out a helpful hint or two. You have to be careful, however, because you are not there in an official capacity. Imagine how the rants of selfish children who have probably never had a real job motivates you to come back again & try to help.

Maybe this is too much of a stretch...

Lacker20, gizmo21, Uzi and 1 others like this.
    05-27-16 04:31 PM
    I'm thankful to those from BlackBerry who offer help on their own time. I realize that they are doing so by their own accord, and I can't thank them enough for taking the time to do so.

Posted via CB10
    Jrox74 likes this.
    05-27-16 06:56 PM
    I've had ups and downs with the Priv, it was not as easy or perfect an experience that I've had with a new PP SE or any of my most recent Android phones Note 3, Note 5 etc. but the Priv may still be my favorite phone. Came with 5.1.1 and had no battery or heat problems, updated 2 days later to MM and had horrendous battery and heat problems, full wipe settled that, latest app updates are a major bonus. I have not bitched here about issues because I recognize real action on BB's part. In fact, I am amazed at how well they have responded with fixes, updates etc. Now we have a system update to look forward to on June 6th! Being rude to people who are actively helping you solve issues is both ignorant and self-defeating, encouragement is more in order. The Priv is, in my opinion, the best supported Android device on the market right now.
    Jrox74 likes this.
    05-28-16 12:02 PM
    I absolutely agree big time! The help of the BB employees on this forum is invaluable. They deserve a BIG thank you! They have been very helpful in giving their expert advice, plus they have been willing to find out what needs to be improved. If any of them are reading this thread, let it be known that many of us very much appreciate you coming here. Please do keep coming around.
    c_bryant34 and Jrox74 like this.
    05-28-16 12:33 PM
    Thanks for this thread OP. I agree. I really appreciate the input from BlackBerry employees on these forums. I wonder if some folks think that Crackberry is the official BlackBerry forum though. I've seen some posts that give me that impression.

Posted via CB10
    05-28-16 12:36 PM
    Absolutely!

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2639
    05-28-16 12:52 PM
    Well said !
    05-28-16 01:33 PM
    I posted this in another thread where in my opinion, folks are getting a bit testy in demanding responses from the Blackberry employees who voluntarily visit Crackberry and answer some questions and supply some background on what's going on with Priv software.

This is solely my opinion. And I will admit, sometimes my opinion is things should work better but I can't demand that it work better and not from volunteers.

BB is not the most responsive or emotive company. But also let's remember that while a few of their employees have been gracious in answering some of our questions and concerns, they are not necessarily the ones in charge of responding or changing or fixing apps or the OS. Let's not make life difficult for them. They are not going to answer every question. They are not going to fix every bug immediately or add new options at the drop of a hat. Let's be understanding and accept what they can and do offer without being too demanding.

Thanks for listening.
    F2..... Thanks for the much needed reminder.
    Many of us feel that those "behind the curtain" have already gone above and beyond by giving us this awesome website. So as members, many of us want to show our appreciation by getting out there and be as helpful as we can be. I'm here because at one time, someone helped me, I passed that info on and I try to get those that I helped pass it on and so on.

I've (tried) to be a helpful,positive member here at CB for many years. Due to the unstoppable cycle of the younger generations reaching the age of reason, it get's harder for us old(er) timers because we see how the digital revolution has changed the way people now perceive life. When I was an administrator on BBTweaks.com building hybrids, people were so polite and thanful for what we did. The "Like" generation just assumes everything should just work. It's not altogether their fault. it's just the way things are.
    I can't tell you how many times I've "suggested " a fix and instead of a thanks for the help, I get an argument.
    The way I try to keep things in a positive flow is to use my somewhat "off-colored humor" which used to work like a charm.
    But, suddenly,the mods, who I have the highest respect for, have misread some of my humor (through NO fault of their own) and I started to rack up some points.
    It's come to the point where myself and several of our crew (from a thread of meaningful posts that i won't mention, to protect the guilty) have just decided it not worth the headache.
    But...You guys already work too hard and we have the time to answer and help at all times of every day. So, after a little break, as always. we'll get back on our virtual horses and get out there to help keep the pressure off you.
    WHile we "seem" to get a lot of bad attitudes, the numbers pail in comparison to all the positive and helpful members.

Respect and a positive attitude is essential in everything we do in life. And ,it makes CB the wonderful community that it is.

Thanks Again, F2 for taking the time to share your thoughts.
    05-28-16 02:22 PM
    Totally agree, they don't have to contribute on this forum at all so it's appreciated by most of the members.
    05-28-16 04:54 PM
    I still don't know who all works for BlackBerry but I send my thanks out to them and all the other Crackberry users for the help they share. I still hate Android but totally love my PRIV and that would not be possible without all the usefulness shared in this forum.
    Thanks!

05-28-16 09:05 PM
    Customer service should be given some thought perhaps. However, BlackBerry is cutting costs wherever they can so it would be pretty tough to address every question out there. Apple company does it well, but their annual revenue is comparable to the GDP of Poland.

Posted via CB10
    05-28-16 09:59 PM
    My sincere thanks to Cody and Sean for giving their time here helping members!
    05-28-16 10:06 PM
49 12