I just got my new Priv the other day and am still trying to set it up. How does one go about choosing LED colors for each app installed? I want missed calls/voicemail to be one color, text messages another color, social media apps a third color, etc.

Also it doesn't appear as if the LED is working consistently for me. I keep my Priv in priority only mode in order to keep my phone silent except when work calls or messages me. I still want the LED to notify me of every notification though. Is there a way to fix this?

Thanks!
    09-30-16 06:20 PM
    First, Google "blackberry priv notification led colors"
    Then read this: https://help.blackberry.com/en/priv/...420728511.html
    09-30-16 06:27 PM
    I just got my new Priv the other day and am still trying to set it up. How does one go about choosing LED colors for each app installed? I want missed calls/voicemail to be one color, text messages another color, social media apps a third color, etc.

Also it doesn't appear as if the LED is working consistently for me. I keep my Priv in priority only mode in order to keep my phone silent except when work calls or messages me. I still want the LED to notify me of every notification though. Is there a way to fix this?

Thanks!
    Great choice on the Priv. There is a small learning curve, but you will love it.

Pull down from top, choose SETTINGS icon in upper right corner. Scroll down to SOUNDS & NOTIFICATIONS, then to APP NOTIFICATIONS. Choose the apps you want. You can also star priority contacts in your CONTACTS app.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-30-16 06:27 PM
    First, Google "blackberry priv notification led colors"
    Then read this: https://help.blackberry.com/en/priv/...420728511.html
    Yeah I've ready done that. Almost no apps have any options following that method. I want to be able to assign an LED color to every app for its notifications. One of the main reasons I got a Priv was for the RGB led. Also that doesn't help with my second question/issue. Thanks though.
    09-30-16 06:36 PM
    09-30-16 06:44 PM
    I downloaded and tried Light Flow which helped me determine the problem with the LED notification not working only happens in priority only mode. Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this so I will still get the led notifications in priority only mode? Seems like a pretty big flaw in notifications. I only want the sounds and vibrate to be silenced (except for two certain contacts) not everything.
    10-02-16 05:09 PM
    So, android doesn't manage notifications. It's on an individual app by app basis if they support it or not.

So make sure your support apps that do, and the ones that don't, suck it.

Now, for your do not disturb mode. It's just that. It will not disturb you at all. No colour, sounds, anything.

You can set some apps to ignore it, and the alarm ignores it.

What you need to do, is put your phone on silent.

Posted via a Priv on an 6.0 Mushroom
    10-02-16 05:56 PM
    So, android doesn't manage notifications. It's on an individual app by app basis if they support it or not.

So make sure your support apps that do, and the ones that don't, suck it.

Now, for your do not disturb mode. It's just that. It will not disturb you at all. No colour, sounds, anything.

You can set some apps to ignore it, and the alarm ignores it.

What you need to do, is put your phone on silent.

Thank you for the reply. Unfortunately I can't have my phone totally silent. I need two contacts to continue to notify me (work) in case I am sleeping and need to respond immediately. It seems absurd that the LED is tied into the sound notification settings with no toggle.
    10-02-16 06:00 PM
    Thank you for the reply. Unfortunately I can't have my phone totally silent. I need two contacts to continue to notify me (work) in case I am sleeping and need to respond immediately. It seems absurd that the LED is tied into the sound notification settings with no toggle.
    You'll probably have to download an app then.

In do not disturb mode, you can make exceptions. Like for example I have my phone set to go off. But I don't think you can do specific people only.

On silent, it will be all silent.

10-03-16 12:38 AM
    You'll probably have to download an app then.

In do not disturb mode, you can make exceptions. Like for example I have my phone set to go off. But I don't think you can do specific people only.

On silent, it will be all silent.

You can set "Priority only" to allow calls and messages from "starred contacts only". Then you put the important ones under starred in Contacts and it should work the way OP wants. I'm not sure if the LED works in that case or not, but I guess it should.
    bluesqueen23 likes this.
    10-03-16 04:10 AM
    You can set "Priority only" to allow calls and messages from "starred contacts only". Then you put the important ones under starred in Contacts and it should work the way OP wants. I'm not sure if the LED works in that case or not, but I guess it should.
    That's exactly what I'm doing and the led does not work either stock or using the light flow app. That's the problem I'm having that caused me to start this thread. :/
    10-03-16 04:34 AM