Have the LED settings moved elsewhere or have they been removed altogether? I used to be able to change the colour for notifications for some apps but I can't find the option anywhere anymore. Am I nuts?
    ahmedhanif911 likes this.
    05-23-16 03:27 PM
    By default, android system does not allow for LED color customersization. And I think BlackBerry didn't add the function to priv. So I think u saw tat in a BB10 device's setting.

Posted via CB10
    05-24-16 07:51 AM
    Android OS only allow to turn on/off the LED.

Posted via CB10
    05-24-16 07:52 AM
    Some apps do allow you to change the LED color. I wish there was a way to customize.
    05-24-16 08:11 AM
    Hub > Settings > Accounts > Notification light color

Posted via BlackBerry Priv
    FF22 likes this.
    05-24-16 08:54 AM
    Use Light Flow app for those you can't customize in the Hub.
    05-24-16 01:39 PM

Other than your reply, every post in thin thread is WRONG.

Android ABSOLUTELY allows custom LED colors, but they SMARTLY leave it up to the app the set the color.

So apps like BlackBerry Hub, WhatsApp, BBM, Yaata, and many many more can set the LED color choices for their own notifications.

In BlackBerry Hub, it is as you describe.

A shocking lack of understanding here, combined with tiresome Android bashing.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    05-24-16 07:46 PM
    I take it back.
    Last edited by Brulging_Jersey; 05-24-16 at 08:12 PM.
    05-24-16 07:47 PM
    By default, android system does not allow for LED color customersization. And I think BlackBerry didn't add the function to priv. So I think u saw tat in a BB10 device's setting.

Posted via CB10
    Wrong. See my post above.
    05-24-16 07:49 PM
    Android OS only allow to turn on/off the LED.

Posted via CB10
    05-24-16 07:49 PM
    Huh? I'm using the free version of Light Flow and I'm controlling the color of several apps.
    05-24-16 08:11 PM
    Huh? I'm using the free version of Light Flow and I'm controlling the color of several apps.
    I misread. Edited my post.
    05-24-16 08:12 PM

Thanks. I completely forgot it was a Hub option. Wish Hub wasn't so slow. I'd use it otherwise.
    05-24-16 11:37 PM
    I used to be able to before the marshmallow update

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-25-16 02:04 AM
    I don't see anywhere in hub settings where you can change led light colour

05-25-16 02:08 AM
    Yeah I can't find them either even in the app notification settings, but they still are different colours what I set it to a while back, but just can't find the settings.

07-02-16 08:50 AM
    It's only available for email now but somehow my whatsapp comes in green and bbm in red snapchat yellow how I set it months back before marshmallow

07-02-16 08:54 AM
    It's only available for email now but somehow my whatsapp comes in green and bbm in red snapchat yellow how I set it months back before marshmallow

you can change the notification colors in those two apps. other apps without this option can't be changed though

Posted via the Priv running 'the Google'
    07-02-16 11:10 AM
    Other than your reply, every post in thin thread is WRONG.

Android ABSOLUTELY allows custom LED colors, but they SMARTLY leave it up to the app the set the color.

So apps like BlackBerry Hub, WhatsApp, BBM, Yaata, and many many more can set the LED color choices for their own notifications.

In BlackBerry Hub, it is as you describe.

A shocking lack of understanding here, combined with tiresome Android bashing.
    I was interested in getting a Priv. I currently have a Classic.

So are you able to assign colours to contacts (as in BB10) or just to apps?

Posted via CB10
    07-02-16 02:45 PM
    I was interested in getting a Priv. I currently have a Classic.

So are you able to assign colours to contacts (as in BB10) or just to apps?

Posted via CB10
    I'd also like to know if you can assign sounds to contacts. For example, in my Z30, my daughter's BBM is a certain ring tone while others are generic.

Posted via CB10
    07-02-16 08:24 PM
    Ok, so here is how it goes. On android, the ability to set colour/ringtone is based on the app itself.

For example, bbm allows you to set colour and sound, snapchat does not.

On lollipop, there was the ability to set a few notifications (colour and sound) if the apps were properly formatted. But that appears to have been dropped on marshmallow.

The blackberry hub allows you to set motivations (colour and sound) for emails only. Because the hub is the actual email app.

If you want the ability to set colour and sound for your app, you have to ask the developer to add the ability. It is handled by the apps themselves.

For custom notifications for contacts, again, handled by the apps themselves. Remember that you can download 3rd party contacts apps, phone dialers and text messaging apps, most of them give you the ability to do it, even if the stock apps do not.

Tl;dr. It's handled by the apps, and not by the system.

Posted via a Priv on an 6.0 Mushroom
    07-02-16 08:42 PM
    Ok, so here is how it goes. On android, the ability to set colour/ringtone is based on the app itself.

For example, bbm allows you to set colour and sound, snapchat does not.

On lollipop, there was the ability to set a few notifications (colour and sound) if the apps were properly formatted. But that appears to have been dropped on marshmallow.

The blackberry hub allows you to set motivations (colour and sound) for emails only. Because the hub is the actual email app.

If you want the ability to set colour and sound for your app, you have to ask the developer to add the ability. It is handled by the apps themselves.

For custom notifications for contacts, again, handled by the apps themselves. Remember that you can download 3rd party contacts apps, phone dialers and text messaging apps, most of them give you the ability to do it, even if the stock apps do not.

Tl;dr. It's handled by the apps, and not by the system.

Thanks John. Could you recommend any 3rd party apps?

Posted via CB10
    07-02-16 10:26 PM
    Thanks John. Could you recommend any 3rd party apps?

Posted via CB10
    No. They run in the background and suck down your juice.

Just forget about it. Android isn't actually made today be any good. You can just hope at some point they add it system wide, or app developers actually bother adding it to their apps.

07-03-16 01:20 AM
    No. They run in the background and suck down your juice.

Just forget about it. Android isn't actually made today be any good. You can just hope at some point they add it system wide, or app developers actually bother adding it to their apps.

This guy is talking about his own view. His views shouldn't cloud yours. Android does not work like bb10 but it does the exact same. Use this app and it has no detrimental effect on battery. It does loads of apps and you can add any not in its list already. Been using it since last year and it's brilliant. Free too.

Posted via the BlackBerry Priv�
    Attached Thumbnails LED Colour Options Missing?-150644.jpg  
    Mecca EL likes this.
    07-03-16 02:19 AM
    So is there a customisation option in Priv or not? By BlackBerry not by other apps

Posted via CB10
    07-03-16 04:58 AM
27 12