First, i absolutely love the Priv. But i am having three problems learning to hold it when it's in the closed position, and wonder if others find this as well..

1. My thumb tends to rest right about where the power button is. Can't tell you how many times I'm asked if i want to shut down!

2. On the other side, my middle finger rests on the volume button cluster. I find that i am forever inadvertently changing the volume, even putting phone in vibrate mode!

3. The curved screen poses (for me) another problem... my fingers, especially my pinky, tend to slightly curl onto the curve of the screen. Sometimes this actually triggers input (worst is the backspace or enter key in the vkb)... other times i find that my touches are not working, as though the touchscreen has failed -- but it's just a finger making contact so it looks like a two finger touch!

Am i alone? I really wish the volume buttons were closer to the top.. Or there was some way to "lock" the volume settings...

Posted via the CrackBerry App for
    BlackBerry Priv
    Last edited by hbelkin; 03-26-16 at 09:02 PM.
    03-25-16 04:46 PM
    You can lock the volume controls using "sound profile" app from playstore. It def has the lock option but never tried it myself
    03-25-16 04:49 PM
    First, i absolutely love the Priv. But i am having three problems learning to hold it when it's in the closed position, and wonder if others find this as well..

1. My thumb tends to rest right about where the power button is. Can't tell you how many times I'm asked if i want to shut down!

2. On the other side, my middle finger rests on the volume button cluster. I find that i am forever inadvertently changing the volume, even putting phone in vibrate mode!

3. The curved screen poses (for me) another problem... my fingers, especially my pinky, tend to slightly curl onto the curve of the screen. Sometimes this actually triggers input (worst is the backspace or enter key in the vkb)... other times i find that my touches are not working, as though the touchscreen has failed -- but it's just a finger making contact so it looks like a two finger touch!

Am i alone? I really wish the volume buttons were closed to the top.. Or there was some way to "lock" the volume settings...

Posted via the CrackBerry App for
    BlackBerry Priv
    I understand completely. I keep inadvertently touching the little keyboard icon in the lower right corner when I'm typing on the Virtual keyboard. Fortunately, or unfortunately, as the case might be, I'm not much of a typist. One finger and swipe, swipe, swipe!
    03-25-16 05:12 PM