True that! If Chen had any Marketing sense he would not be telling anyone if he plans to continue making hardware or not. He basically is setting the time for his demise

Posted via CB10
    Demise of hardware, not Chen.
    04-07-16 09:37 AM
    Why are Chens comments always so cryptic?

Posted via BlackBerry PRIV
    He's Yoda.
    04-07-16 12:31 PM
    Actually this is inconsequential. BB H/W is toast and it makes no difference anyway because if you are 'diehard' BB fan simply buy an ANDROID device of your choosing, load the BB apks available now in the wild and you have top of the line Android device with basically the same features as a Priv (or whatever new device they opt for) at a lower cost. I have been a BB fanboi since forever. I finally abandoned ship - Priv is nice but not what I wanted - got a Galaxy S7E, loaded the BB apks and hey, I've got a fantastic SAMBERRY now. Had Chen said they were updating OS10 and introducing a new series of handsets with up to date market specs, that would have intrigued me but alas that would be suicide and so it's never going to happen. OS10 is the best OS I have ever used, but no one cares. The next best thing is ANDROID MM with BB APKs. Try it . You'll like it. Long live BB but cut that handset division loose baby. Time to transform into what you really want to be. And hardware ain't it.
    04-07-16 04:19 PM
    Your statements are flawed, when they had the market to themselves they did not need marketing. But arrogance did them in, and will again.

Woof!
    04-07-16 04:58 PM
    Why are Chens comments always so cryptic?
    Because you can't handle the truth!
    FF22 likes this.
    04-07-16 05:21 PM
    If there is one area that has always been lacking in the Android market, it has been long-term support. Basically, you have had to buy a flagship or Nexus product if you ever wanted to see more than a year's worth of updates. The Priv is an expensive device, and perhaps that, combined with a lack of assurance in terms of future support, is making potential buyers hesitate on pulling the trigger. If BB can somehow assure potential Priv buyers of its long-term commitment to the product, perhaps more sales would be forthcoming
    04-07-16 05:25 PM
    Perhaps a good way for BB to increase sales is cross branding.. Blackberry Nexus anyone?
    3junior and Jonneh like this.
    04-07-16 05:27 PM
    04-07-16 11:03 PM
    BlackBerry remains committed to India: CEO John Chen - The Economic Times on Mobile http://m.economictimes.com/articleshow/51735701.cms
    04-07-16 11:52 PM
    "Latest from John Chen on Priv"....aaaand it's all the same things he's said since the Priv was released. lol
    04-08-16 03:31 AM
    04-08-16 04:57 AM
    Anyone else think that maybe BlackBerry should hire the marketing people that do all the commercials for Coca-Cola? IMO they have excellent marketing and memorable commercials. They need to get the word out that they have excellent phones.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    04-08-16 07:35 AM
    Anyone else think that maybe BlackBerry should hire the marketing people that do all the commercials for Coca-Cola? IMO they have excellent marketing and memorable commercials. They need to get the word out that they have excellent phones.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    it's sad that he finally came to the conclusion that the Priv is way too expensive and that the distribution and marketing were very poor. hopefully it's not too late
    04-08-16 08:47 AM
38 12