Can you swipe along the keyboard left and right to move the cursor and select text?
    anon(3641385) likes this.
    01-19-16 01:13 PM
    Unfortunately, when I have tried this it does not work. I wish it would - I miss the trackpad on the Classic.
    01-19-16 01:28 PM
    you have to double tap the keyboard to put it into "move cursor" mode.
    guido0136 and anon(3641385) like this.
    01-19-16 02:25 PM
    Clicking on screen to bring up the cursor allows you to then swipe on pkb to move it around. Long pressing on screen to highlight a word then holding shift while swiping on pkb allows you to highlight text. So if I understand what the OP is asking, yes you can do those things.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    anon(3641385) likes this.
    01-19-16 02:28 PM
    Can you swipe along the keyboard left and right to move the cursor and select text?
    Yes.

Edited to add: As WT44 pointed out below, you can do this, but no, you can't select the text this way. You must use your touchscreen for that.
    Last edited by Jonneh; 01-19-16 at 03:40 PM.
    01-19-16 02:56 PM
    Yes.
    But after that there does not seem to be an easy way to cut/copy and paste without having to click/hold on the selected text.
    Also, in Windows Word/dogs togo selecting text in this manner is very buggy. This touch sensitive keyboard is seen as a key feature by BlackBerry. Should be as smooth like a dancing Jagger.
    01-19-16 03:15 PM
    But after that there does not seem to be an easy way to cut/copy and paste without having to click/hold on the selected text.
    True. You can move the cursor around to quickly edit text fields. If you're looking to copy/paste, you must long-press on the text with your finger.
    I agree that it'd be nice to be able to do this somehow while moving the cursor around with the magical physical keyboard pad.
    WT44 likes this.
    01-19-16 03:39 PM
    you have to double tap the keyboard to put it into "move cursor" mode.
    thank you! How to you turn off move cursor mode, double tap again?
    01-19-16 03:49 PM
    thank you! How to you turn off move cursor mode, double tap again?
    Yes
    01-19-16 04:13 PM
    Tap where you want the cursor, then hold down the up arrow and then swipe left or right to highlight text.
    Then, tap the highlighted area, and the cut/copy options will appear.

Posted via Priv
    STV100-3
    Jonneh and anon(3641385) like this.
    01-19-16 04:26 PM
    Tap where you want the cursor, then hold down the up arrow and then swipe left or right to highlight text.
    Then, tap the highlighted area, and the cut/copy options will appear.

Posted via Priv
    STV100-3
    Great Scott! Cool find! I don't know how I missed it. Thanks!

Just to clarify, you enter cursor mode on the physical keyboard (double-tapping it), and then you hold the shift key and move it to highlight text.
    01-19-16 07:32 PM
    Also, in Windows Word/dogs togo selecting text in this manner is very buggy. This touch sensitive keyboard is seen as a key feature by BlackBerry. Should be as smooth like a dancing Jagger.
    yes this is a bug that exists ONLY in the HUB environment.
    The select using the keyboard/trackpad mode works fine anywhere else

hoping they fix it soon, its really annoying
    01-19-16 09:07 PM
    Bumping this thread, I've found it very useful ..... and so may others who have only had their priv a short while .....
    01-09-17 06:08 PM
    To copy / Left Thumb on arrow key,then swipe right thumb across pkb and it will select all the text you want. Then when the word " copy" illuminates, press that . Sometimes when pasting text, the PRIV needs to be slid closed.I don't know why,but if I have an issue,that fixes it.
    My other favorite is the delete letters forward of the cursor as you would using the delete key on a PC, all you do is just hold Left arrow key and the "x delete" button at the same time and it gobbles up the letters in front of the cursor. Like a pac man
    01-12-17 09:14 AM
    Moving cursor/ When you tap pkb twice, little arrows show in the toolbar area-use those to move the cursor.
    01-12-17 09:16 AM
    Super useful. Thanks for the reminders
    01-19-17 10:23 AM
    True. You can move the cursor around to quickly edit text fields. If you're looking to copy/paste, you must long-press on the text with your finger.
    I agree that it'd be nice to be able to do this somehow while moving the cursor around with the magical physical keyboard pad.
    This is a fairly new addition to the Priv. Settings/Language & Input/BlackBerry Keyboard Settings/Advanced gets you there. As you can see I've selected the right shift key on my PKB to represent the Ctrl key.
    Attached Thumbnails Keyboard swipe to move cursor-483915.jpg  
    FF22 likes this.
    01-21-17 08:38 PM