Damnit, I'm in Montreal... :S

Posted using my sick Z30
    Oh man. I had no issues they just told me that if i wanted to return it i needed to have the imei attached to my account. If not i just needed to show i.d. with a credit card purchase. If i paid debit or cash it was no issue.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-13-15 08:51 PM
    OK thanks! Going to unlock mine

So you just walked in and bought one outright for $799? No contract?

Posted using my sick Z30
    11-13-15 08:51 PM
    Can you deliver one to me in toronto? :P

Posted via CB10 from BlackBerry Passport
    11-13-15 08:54 PM
    So you just walked in and bought one outright for $799? No contract?

Posted using my sick Z30
    That is exactly what i did. Yes i have a Rogers account but my prehup fee for my s6 plus the 399 contract price would have been 850.00 so i decided to save the 50.00 and buy outright. They only needed to add it to my account because i was using credit card. Otherwise it would be no problem

11-13-15 08:57 PM
    Can you deliver one to me in toronto? :P

Posted via CB10 from BlackBerry Passport
    Lol how about you just meet me somewhere and pick it up

11-13-15 08:58 PM
    What about me? Lol

Posted using my sick Z30
    11-13-15 09:09 PM
    What about me? Lol

Posted using my sick Z30
    If you weren't so far. Would the shipping costs be worth it?

11-13-15 09:12 PM
    If you weren't so far. Would the shipping costs be worth it?

Ahaha I honestly have no idea how much it would cost to ship. How much was the phone with tax?

Posted using my sick Z30
    11-13-15 09:19 PM
    Ahaha I honestly have no idea how much it would cost to ship. How much was the phone with tax?

Posted using my sick Z30
    902.87 (799.99 plus 13% taxes )

11-13-15 09:30 PM
    Not bad. I guess I'll just have to keep searching/calling stores and find a way.

Posted using my sick Z30
    11-13-15 09:35 PM
    Where are you getting these numbers from?

To get the phone on contract and cancel same day will cost the following:

$399 to purchase device, if you sign up for premium tab plan, in that case the device subsidy will be $400.

$20 activation fee.

Monthly plan will be approx $80.

If you called and cancelled on day 1 of contract you would be billed a total of $399 + $20 + ($80 / 30 days; this gets you the 1 day of monthly fees charge) + $400 (premium tab subsidy charge) = $821.67 plus taxes. If you also wanted the device unlocked from Rogers, then add another $50. So total for unlocked from Rogers will be $871.67 plus taxes. For a few dollars more you get it with wireless charging off of shopbb.

I would recommend going somewhere where they give activation incentives so that you can bring down the overall cost.

11-14-15 12:56 AM
    Where are you getting these numbers from?

To get the phone on contract and cancel same day will cost the following:

$399 to purchase device, if you sign up for premium tab plan, in that case the device subsidy will be $400.

$20 activation fee.

Monthly plan will be approx $80.

If you called and cancelled on day 1 of contract you would be billed a total of $399 + $20 + ($80 / 30 days; this gets you the 1 day of monthly fees charge) + $400 (premium tab subsidy charge) = $821.67 plus taxes. If you also wanted the device unlocked from Rogers, then add another $50. So total for unlocked from Rogers will be $871.67 plus taxes. For a few dollars more you get it with wireless charging off of shopbb.

I would recommend going somewhere where they give activation incentives so that you can bring down the overall cost.

Well, actually, I didn't intend to do it this way, but they have me a $125 off on a new contract with a 2 yr plan, and then when I cancelled it, there was $14/mo penalty + $378, I didn't use 30 minutes talk time,a s I still had my iphone, so was able to cancel and just pay the penalty...
    so - $799-125=674, and i paid a few days usage...
    They charged me at sign up the difference ...so effectively I got it for $683 plus tax.. , oh, and they threw in a free charger...
    Like I say I didn't intend to do it this way, but when I got home, NO rogers signal in my basement office, or at my lake home... so they cancelled on that basis ...
    11-14-15 04:50 PM
    Curious, if I'm not traveling out of the country, is there a benefit in having the Priv unlocked?

I'm on contract with ATT and did just receive notice that BlackBerry is shipping my pre-order. I'll refuse the delivery and stick with the ATT one, since work reimburses me for most of it.
    11-14-15 05:23 PM
    Well, actually, I didn't intend to do it this way, but they have me a $125 off on a new contract with a 2 yr plan, and then when I cancelled it, there was $14/mo penalty + $378, I didn't use 30 minutes talk time,a s I still had my iphone, so was able to cancel and just pay the penalty...
    so - $799-125=674, and i paid a few days usage...
    They charged me at sign up the difference ...so effectively I got it for $683 plus tax.. , oh, and they threw in a free charger...
    Like I say I didn't intend to do it this way, but when I got home, NO rogers signal in my basement office, or at my lake home... so they cancelled on that basis ...
    Wow that's a great deal! Congrats lol

11-14-15 06:16 PM
    Depends on how you communicate when you travel, I have a wallet full of Sim cards as its usually substantially cheaper than hotel wifi and way better, I call forward my business number and it works well...
    As for USA travel, Canadian. Carriers are finally smartening up to Roam Mobility so we Canadians finally get decent rates in USA on bell and rogers ...
    Brancieri likes this.
    11-14-15 08:44 PM
    Bump! Just got my Priv! Sent imei info to blackberrycodesource.
    Just realized I may not even need an unlock code as my carrier (videotron) shares their network with Rogers. Anyone have any idea?

Posted with my awesome new Priv!
    11-18-15 08:03 PM
41 12