So, I took the plunge with the Black Friday deal.... now I need suggestions for some apps, please :

1. LED control app to differentiate sms from bbm from email... etc.

2. Weather app

3. Call/SMS Blocker

4. Picture Gallery Viewer

First....I despise ads...I am willing to pay a buck or two for ad-free apps.

Second... I have loved my z30 and the BB10 and want to feel that familiarity with the BlackBerry apps and features I became accustomed to.

Thanks all for your suggestions in advance.
    12-09-16 07:39 PM
    So, I took the plunge with the Black Friday deal.... now I need suggestions for some apps, please :

2. Weather app

3. Call/SMS Blocker

Second... I have loved my z30 and the BB10 and want to feel that familiarity with the BlackBerry apps and features I became accustomed to.

I've been using GalleyKK you pay a couple of bucks to kill ads which I did too.
    Hazo likes this.
    12-09-16 08:24 PM

2. Weather app

3. Call/SMS Blocker

Hope you enjoy the Priv. Android will take getting use to. And the almost too-wide array of apps can drive you nuts. As I wrote in another thread just today, I downloaded and installed and then UNinstalled about a dozen EXIF (jpg info) apps today. I even purchased two, tried them and then returned them (being able to return is nice).

Lots of folks go for Piktures (yes, with a K). There are some others that are also recommended. I've not really settled on any. Video, there's vlc and a few others. Music - BlackPlayer, Poweramp and I'm leaning to Pi.

I like Accuweather since it gives windows for rain or not within the next 2 hour window. Hey, I live in Seattle.

You will also need a File manager. One from my z10/30 days was Ghost Commander but I don't tend to use it was much. I've opted and move between Solid and Asus file managers. ES File Explorer is notorious for potentially "borrowing" data. And I hated that when I took Pictures, Google sent me a message that they would love to share my picture of PLACE (they knew the location) with others who might go there!!!!! YIKES! I think that was the google backup or drive or some such.

You will get a couple of led suggestions that I keep reading about but don't use them so don't recall the info.
    Hazo and 7Buck0 like this.
    12-09-16 08:26 PM
    So far I've settled in on File Explorer and QuickPic.... I'll check out Pi for audio.... the name rings a bell. I had Neutron on my Playbooks and Z30, so I may get that one again.... amazing app for audio!
    Last edited by Hazo; 12-09-16 at 10:12 PM.
    12-09-16 09:59 PM
    My Radar and BeWeather I like the best for weather apps. BeWeather has a great widget with a clock for your home screen.

Piktures is a great app.

Asus file manager.

Black Player for music.

Waze is is better then Google Maps if it works in your area.
    FF22 likes this.
    12-09-16 10:20 PM
    My Radar and BeWeather I like the best for weather apps. BeWeather has a great widget with a clock for your home screen.

Piktures is a great app.

Asus file manager.

Black Player for music.

Waze is is better then Google Maps if it works in your area.
    I've had BeWeather on my Z30... great app.... I just don't want to
    purchase it again! Lol!

Just loaded up Piktures.... looks good so far!
    12-09-16 10:34 PM
    Love Yahoo Weather. Nice pretty widget with easily readable time, temp, and weather on it. One of the very few things yahoo has not screwed up this decade.
    Hazo likes this.
    12-09-16 11:03 PM
    Textra for sms, just the best as you can customize everything from led color to sound per contact... Dark theme, ios , Android, Twitter emoji

Quickpic for photos galery

Asus file manager

Accuweather platinum

Uc browser , realy fast with swipe left and right to go back and forward, Word wraper to adjust font size, night mode , etc

Rocket Player for music
    Hazo likes this.
    12-09-16 11:28 PM
    I like Google's Photos app that comes pre-installed. Of course, I don't sync to Drive (I sync to my OneDrive instead), and I don't share my location, so the app doesn't communicate anything about me. Without this intrusion, it's not bad - and no ads.

I paid for the premium version of FX file manager, so I don't get ads, and it accesses both my OneDrive and Dropbox clouds.
    12-09-16 11:33 PM