So I just received the March update this morning through T-Mobile, including a Kernel update. I have been irate as to the slow and lagging performance of my PRIV for months now, including heated and poor battery life. Granted, I have 160 apps installed, but pay lots of Attention to optimization for my phone. Well, not sure if this is temporary or not yet, as these updates also force a complete app optimization at the core level; but so far it's been 6 hours of regular business Monday use and operation and my phone's fly'n! (well, at least in comparison to my horrid normal performance levels I am used to dealing with). Still get the heat ups, and battery is about the same, but everything is just moving faster, including the opening of the HUB, which is usually just a tad faster than it takes me to drink an entire cup of the coffee! On all my last updates, my phone is quicker for the first hour or two, but this time it seems to be lasting. Could this really be happening!? I'll report back in another 24 hours and see if this Gift of God continues.....
    FF22 likes this.
    03-20-17 03:16 PM
    AAJ919, right?
    03-20-17 03:55 PM
    AAJ919, right?
    Yep... thats It.
    03-20-17 04:18 PM
    OK... so this is my 48+ Hour report....

So far the faster performance has definitely persisted! For a moment there, I even had thoughts of keeping my PRIV over obtaining a new KeyOne (OK... maybe that's going a bit too far....). Since the March update on T-Mobile, which I installed Tuesday, I'd say performance is about 20% faster, and definitely smoother. Even the HUB, that used to eat up all my resources when open and took forever to come up, is now working smoother. Sharing from any app is still a process I have to pray about before executing, but it also is working a bit smoother and faster. Heat-ups have also been reduced, although not sure about battery life yet. However, it's important to note that as much as I try to keep my device optimized, it still has 160+ apps installed, most of which I use on a daily and weekly basis.

In conclusion, the March update from Blackberry for the PRIV on the T-Mobile network has most definitely improved performance and operation on my device.... and quite noticeably. I can't say my PRIV is "fast", but it's now at a tolerable and even a competitive performance level. I've ordered a top rated MicroSD card to see about further performance enhancement (Samsung Evo Plus 128g). With this new revelation of sensationalism, I can now be more patient in waiting for the release of the KeyOne.

Any one else notice any improvements??
    Last edited by willyq711; Yesterday at 07:32 PM.
    Yesterday 07:14 PM
    Here's my current version after the update....
    Attached Thumbnails Just received the March PRIV update on T-Mobile and WOW!-screenshot_20170320-171741.jpg  
    Yesterday 07:18 PM
    I wonder if the increase in functional speed we see after the updates has to do with the fact that we are re-optimizing our apps, each time we load an upgrade. I don't believe that a 150 mb or so update can make that much difference, but I have read that hard reboots do help performance... Just wondering out loud.
    Yesterday 08:13 PM
    I wonder if the increase in functional speed we see after the updates has to do with the fact that we are re-optimizing our apps, each time we load an upgrade. I don't believe that a 150 mb or so update can make that much difference, but I have read that hard reboots do help performance... Just wondering out loud.
    As I said in my first post, this has always been the norm, whereby due to the core app optimization after such updates or upgrades, there is anywhere from a few hours to a day of better performance. Hence why I waited 48+ hours before reporting again. Well, this time around, the faster performance and smoother operation seems to be permanent, as I'm going on close to 72 hours by tomorrow morning. None of my last speed-ups after an update ever lasted beyond a few hours, at best.... And I'm a hardcore power user whereby I'm typing, talking and multi-tasking numerous apps simultaneously. Furthermore, just the overall functionality of the OS is improved, from the speed and smoothness to shares and app activities (most apps are definitely faster, including what was the worst, the BlackBerry HUB). Still get warm-ups, but the frequency has lessened. I'm not too sure about battery life, but I'll know more in the next day or two. As of right now, I'd say battery depletion has slowed down by about 1% to 2% per hour.
    Yesterday 09:36 PM
    That is very impressive. I'm not sure if my update is as great, but then I'm not nearly the power user you are! Congratulations!
    Yesterday 09:39 PM
    i just had the battery pressure test yesterday on my PRIV. not bad, with this March update, my phone could stretch up to almost 5 hrs of SoT, all i can say is.. WOW!

hopefully when Nougat arrives then it will make everything more power efficient (even though i know, PRIV's 808 SoC is somewhat power hungry..)
    Yesterday 11:50 PM
    Unfortunately my shop BlackBerry PRIV is like this every month. Great for up to 20 days at most then the slowdowns and hearing begins.
    Today 01:37 AM
    Unfortunately my shop BlackBerry PRIV is like this every month. Great for up to 20 days at most then the slowdowns and hearing begins.
    Thanks for the info Rocker. Let's see where my performance and battery is in another 2 weeks then. For me it's only lasted a few hours in the past, and I always gathered it was simply due to the core app optimizations.

As for the 808 SoC, yes, definitely Powe Hungary, and I understand the 816 was even worse till the 821 came along.
    Today 07:09 AM