And it stated that the phone shown off at MWC was running BB10, which I completely forgot about. This means that's it's very much possible they will release the phone with dual OS's for those who prefer BB10 over Android in the Venice.

"Posted from the Beast PP"
    09-19-15 04:14 PM
    And it stated that the phone shown off at MWC was running BB10, which I completely forgot about. This means that's it's very much possible they will release the phone with dual OS's for those who prefer BB10 over Android in the Venice.

for the love of god. NO, they wont. If it's dual boot I wont touch it. I'm done with BB10, I'm finding I use my Note 4 more than ever.
    09-19-15 04:18 PM
    So your suggesting an article that old has precedence over the latest Intel? Doubt it.

Posted via CB10
    wincyUt likes this.
    09-19-15 04:22 PM

They didn't show the phone running anything. It was a 5 second shot of the phone opened up which probably didn't have working software on it.
    dolco, wincyUt, igor10000 and 2 others like this.
    09-19-15 04:25 PM
    Some of you guys are a little too touchy on this subject. Clearly the picture shows the phone running BB10, so yes, there is a possibility they will. Personally I really don't care, not a slider type, nor android but some people actually want this phone with BB10.

Just read an article on Mobile Syrup...-img_20150919_172440.png

TheQuietRioter and extisis like this.
    09-19-15 04:31 PM
    Some of you guys are a little too touchy on this subject. Clearly the picture shows the phone running BB10, so yes, there is a possibility they will. Personally I really don't care, not a slider type, nor android but some people actually want this phone with BB10.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150919_172440.png 
Views:	10839 
Size:	236.0 KB 
ID:	372129

This was in march, they clearly realized android is where it's at.
    09-19-15 04:37 PM
    That looks more like a layover on the screen, than a working prototype. But that might be just me.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-15 04:37 PM
    Had they shown it with Android that would have been way too distracting, so there is a good chance the BB10 screen was just an image hardcoded into the phone for the demonstration.

Saying that, I am indeed hoping there will be a BB10 version as well. (I'll get the Android one, as I want to show it to people I meet to convince them to get it, but privately I would have preferred BB10.)
    09-19-15 04:39 PM

Honestly I would welcome a BB10 variant of the slider. What's making everyone touchy is that there have been numerous posters/articles/photos/videos to suggest that the slider will be running Android and yet people persist with the dual boots, hypervisor etc. Hell CrackBerry even moved the slider to a Android on BlackBerry forum. If that's not proof that it's not happening atm I don't know what is. Maybe BlackBerry will make me eat my words in a month or whenever it comes out, but as for now nothing suggests they will.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-15 04:40 PM

And you can put a picture of iOS on your BB10 device and hold it up for 5 seconds for people to see. That doesn't mean your BB10 phone is running iOS. There were no videos or mentions of a WORKING (in action, launching apps or anything to show that it is anything other than a picture) version of BB10 on the Venice so far.
    wincyUt, dolco and Elephant_Canyon like this.
    09-19-15 04:44 PM
    Came across this on a channel, dunno exactly what it is, but yeah
    Just read an article on Mobile Syrup...-1442701780104_342616.jpeg

Posted via CB10
    09-19-15 05:31 PM

"Running."

Much like this iPhone is also running iOS: The Fake One | English Russia

It's just a mockup. You can print any screenshot and put it over lights.

ALTHOUGH one thing is odd. Usually the variant code (last digit in the model name) only goes up to 5, and that's because there are camera-less versions for Verizon. That code denotes the bands, but strangely the Venice goes up to 6 (STV100-6). So there are at least 6 variants, but then what these are it's hard to tell.
    09-19-15 05:36 PM
    Came across this on a channel, dunno exactly what it is, but yeah

Name:	1442701780104_342616.jpeg 
Views:	3324 
Size:	59.3 KB 
ID:	372134

Posted via CB10
    Half that crap is wrong.. for the love of all things BlackBerry stop reposting it. It's BS.
    09-19-15 05:37 PM

No, clearly the photo shows pretty much a device mock up so as to not tip the upcoming Android device ahead of them being ready. The photo has already been torn to pieces a million times over.. the buttons don't even match up on the bottom. And if people are being touchy, it's because this has already been beat to death and people are tired of the false hope lol. To date, that is the ONLY picture of it ever supposedly running BB10.
    09-19-15 05:38 PM
    Yes it was literally just a printed overlay over a backlight - plus at that point there was still some home more recent bb10 phones wouldn't bomb (they did)

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk
    astrodan13 and dolco like this.
    09-19-15 06:04 PM
    Found this on twitter. Sure its fake but on a serious note I had to call Rogers for support for my Passport. Rep told me the Venice was called the illuminati

Just read an article on Mobile Syrup...-image.png Just read an article on Mobile Syrup...-image.png
    09-19-15 07:14 PM
    A phone with duel os.. is very wrong and you will never want this in your phone..
    Technically it's better to have only one os in. Your phone.. while developing apps no consider that duel os exists.. there are many phone made by blackberry that are not considered by all major developers.. I think it's better they give android os in Venice..
    Venice will rock the world if it has android that's re featured with BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-15 07:25 PM
    Hahaha. Not intrested in dule boot. Just posted to stir things up.
    09-19-15 07:45 PM
    Lol, hey it would be pretty neat, but not going to happen. Then again....

Posted via CB10
    09-19-15 08:07 PM
    Lool, yes sir

Posted via CB10
    09-19-15 11:48 PM
    They should sell the phone with android and let users be able to change to bb10 os through bb link restore. I can see why they don't want to as it will open up a new can of worms when people have problems with the process.
    09-20-15 03:53 AM
    They should sell the phone with android and let users be able to change to bb10 os through bb link restore. I can see why they don't want to as it will open up a new can of worms when people have problems with the process.
    I think BlackBerry would love this, but I doubt Google would allow it.
    09-20-15 05:44 AM
    Not being touchy about BB10 but just posting for a better understanding, If slider does well in the market then is it possible for Blackberry to just give a nod to hardware division and say, go ahead, arrange with same supplier and load that latest 10.3.3.xxx and sell some more units (without eviloogle threatening BB about OHA?)
    That said I am not a techie so I don't know if it is possible to load BB10 on slider without modifying hardware but for exploring better possibility I would like to see BB releasing new devices on BB10 as well.
    09-21-15 02:11 AM
    A phone with duel os.. is very wrong and you will never want this in your phone..
    Technically it's better to have only one os in. Your phone.. while developing apps no consider that duel os exists.. there are many phone made by blackberry that are not considered by all major developers.. I think it's better they give android os in Venice..
    Venice will rock the world if it has android that's re featured with BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    it's called "illumunati"? What will they think of next.
    09-21-15 08:15 AM
    The only *rumor* ramping up is that you could choose your OS at first boot but then stick with it unless you perform a wipe. NOT a dual boot, by any means.
    extisis likes this.
    09-21-15 08:53 AM
49 12