So I see the BlackBerry content transfer app only moves 3500 messages. I have a passport, what's the nest way to do this? I also have the app'SMS backup' on my passport.

Does it work with priv?

also, how easy is it to jump between SMS apps on the priv? If I constantly change them, do I lose messages? Or are they saved on the phone somewhere which the application just accesses?

Also can I have two SMS apps installed at the same time?

Thanks for the help, sorry for the non technical terms!
    07-18-16 10:21 PM
    You can have multiple SMS apps installed at the same time; however, it makes sense to make only one default at any time. You can jump between them pretty easily, and change the defaiult as easily as opening the new app and selecting "make default" which usually appears on the main screen.

I have Textra and ChompSMS installed as well as the stock Messenger app all installed while I work through some issues with syncing with my car. Have not lost any messages and can view all messages in all applications.

I use SMS Backup & Restore to backup all messages occasionally to make sure I don't lose them.
    07-19-16 04:04 AM
    You can have multiple SMS apps installed at the same time; however, it makes sense to make only one default at any time. You can jump between them pretty easily, and change the defaiult as easily as opening the new app and selecting "make default" which usually appears on the main screen.

I have Textra and ChompSMS installed as well as the stock Messenger app all installed while I work through some issues with syncing with my car. Have not lost any messages and can view all messages in all applications.

I use SMS Backup & Restore to backup all messages occasionally to make sure I don't lose them.
    Thank you very much for the solid reply
    07-19-16 04:47 AM