Arriving tomorrow.

Have used Q10 in past. Switching from Iphone 6 plus. Am happy to be getting a phone with pkb again also ordered 200gb microSD and Seidio case.

So, what are must have apps? And can I buy them now before phone arrives?
    Armaan Gupta likes this.
    02-02-17 08:39 AM
    Arriving tomorrow.

Have used Q10 in past. Switching from Iphone 6 plus. Am happy to be getting a phone with pkb again also ordered 200gb microSD and Seidio case.

You will want a File Manager. Two that are regularly recommended are Asus File manager and Solid.

You may also want a Photo viewer (possibly Piktures) and a video viewer and music player. While there are Google apps for those many find they prefer 3rd party apps.
    02-02-17 09:09 AM
    Hey, congrats! It's a great phone, the keyboard is decent, even coming from a Classic. Best of both worlds, you can use it as a slab or use the keyboard.

Many people get a text messaging app like Tapatalk(?). I have found the stock one (Messenger) to be OK.
    FF22 likes this.
    02-02-17 11:15 AM
    Good Luck! I got mine a week ago and I'm enjoying the experience. Hit this forum if you have any questions. Everyone has been helpful!
    FF22 likes this.
    02-02-17 11:18 AM
    Arriving tomorrow.

Must have apps vary greatly from person to person. No two people will have the same needs.
    02-02-17 08:02 PM
    You will want a File Manager. Two that are regularly recommended are Asus File manager and Solid.

You may also want a Photo viewer (possibly Piktures) and a video viewer and music player. While there are Google apps for those many find they prefer 3rd party apps.
    I don't see the need for this. I did the asus on my first round with the priv. Second time around I just use the native file manager and I can get around it just fine. True, it's no "BlackBerry file manager" but it isn't that hard to navigate after navigating through it for a while.
    02-02-17 10:46 PM
    Congrats on your purchase. I'm certain you'll love the Priv. I also had, actually still have my second Q10 as a backup phone. The pkb experience on the Q10 is superior but I'm sure you will acclimate to the Priv pkb in a few hours. The Priv vkb is no slouch either and I in fact type faster albeit with less accuracy on the Priv vkb. For sheer accuracy, although slower typing speed, the Priv pkb is superior and a pleasure to use versus any vkb out there.
    02-03-17 06:53 AM
    Thanks!

It arrived! Loving it.

Battery is very very hot, this normal at beginning? I had it plugged in but unplugged it for awhile.

Its updating firmware now
    02-03-17 09:38 AM
    Congratulations on the move to the Priv! There is a thread in CrackBerry about apps people recommend. As someone said, what you want and like may vary from what I like.

Asus File Manager has a lot of capabilities. BlackPlayer is an easy to use music player. Pulse is a feature rich text messenger. A lot of customization options if you use Nova Launcher Prime instead of the BlackBerry Launcher. You can try it for free and then upgrade to the Prime version.

If you are a soccer fan, FotMob is outstanding. AtBat for Baseball. I stuck with the Google sheets, Docs, etc rather than download anything else.

Again, there is a bit of a learning curve coming to Android, but the included BlackBerry apps make the transition easier.
    02-03-17 10:16 AM
    So is there a way to have new txts and emails in hub show at bottom instead of top?
    02-03-17 10:39 AM
    Edited
    Last edited by craftEcowgirl; 02-03-17 at 12:40 PM.
    02-03-17 10:41 AM
    Edited
    Last edited by craftEcowgirl; 02-03-17 at 03:16 PM.
    02-03-17 01:30 PM
    Also in Dropbox, can't find way to transfer photos to external SD card? Only shows me internal
    02-03-17 03:15 PM
    Trying to move photos from internal storage to SD using solid file manager. But after selecting two photos and select transfer, I get red X error ?? Wow not going well
    02-03-17 03:37 PM
    Trying to move photos from internal storage to SD using solid file manager. But after selecting two photos and select transfer, I get red X error ?? Wow not going well
    You may need PERMISSION to write/copy/move to the EXTERNAL card. Usually, a prompt pops up mentioning it or allowing the change.
    02-03-17 05:53 PM
    No pop up
    02-03-17 07:22 PM
    A way to move to next field, with keyboard?
    02-03-17 07:32 PM
    I haven't encountered the red x in Solid Explorer. First, turn your phone to landscape. Then you have both the origin and the destination side by side. If either the origin or the destination is not the screen that you want, just tap the horizontal lines in the upper left corner to get all of your options, then select which one you want on either side. This will work for your Dropbox issue above. Then you can either touch, hold and drag a file or folder from one side to the other or touch several and tap either the cut or copy icon on the bottom. The paste icon will show on the other side. Touch it and the transfer will take place. No need to select the items and then hit the 3 dots to get to the transfer.
    Sounds more complicated the way I explained it than it is. Gets simpler the more you do it.
    02-03-17 08:18 PM
    I haven't encountered the red x in Solid Explorer. First, turn your phone to landscape. Then you have both the origin and the destination side by side. If either the origin or the destination is not the screen that you want, just tap the horizontal lines in the upper left corner to get all of your options, then select which one you want on either side. This will work for your Dropbox issue above. Then you can either touch, hold and drag a file or folder from one side to the other or touch several and tap either the cut or copy icon on the bottom. The paste icon will show on the other side. Touch it and the transfer will take place. No need to select the items and then hit the 3 dots to get to the transfer.
    Sounds more complicated the way I explained it than it is. Gets simpler the more you do it.
    How do I get dropbox to show in landscape mode in solid app?
    02-03-17 08:31 PM
    How do I get dropbox to show in landscape mode in solid app?
    OK got dropbox added
    misterabrasive likes this.
    02-03-17 08:34 PM
    So started transferring pics and didn't realize one folder has A LOT of pics, it gives me red X after transferring only so many.

If I select 10, works fine. So it's gonna take me forever to move the pics this way. But thanks for your help.
    02-03-17 08:56 PM
    And it won't let me sort the Dropbox album by date
    02-03-17 08:57 PM
    Maybe copy would work better than move
    02-03-17 09:02 PM
    Well, system ui keeps crashing?? I have Nova launcher. Anything I can do to stop in. I have used Nova years ago and it never crashed this much
    02-03-17 10:21 PM
    Just crashed again
    02-03-17 10:27 PM
41 12