Has anyone here used the BB Content Transfer app? I'm using it over my home WiFi to move just my contacts, email account info, calendar, SMS messages, etc....(but no documents, photos or video content) from my Z30 to the new PRIV. The app on the Z30 has been stuck on "transferring SMS messages" for hours now and the app on the PRIV has been hung on "Processing calendar events - 31 of 31 for the same time. Both apps are showing transfer animations like they are doing something. Is this normal? I would expect both screens to be on the same content and I wouldn't think it should take that long for just textual data.
    What transfer or intermediary method are you using to move between devices?

I only had a few dozen, if that, sms messages. Also, I only transferred about 60 Remember Notes and there was one other thing I used it for but don't recall. I went through Google Drive I think since I did not want to mess with moving sd-cards around. It did not take long. I've read that it only can deal with 3,500 sms messages. Do you have lot of them?

I "moved" or rather synced Calendar and Contacts via adding my Gmail account and it did the rest.

About two weeks later I had to use it again as I foolishly deleted or cleaned either data or a cache which removed all of my Notes, sms and all of my email accounts. It worked again.

If it stalls a lot longer you might just want to interrupt it but you might wind up with missing contacts and then duplicates if you use it again.

Let's see if anyone else has info.
    08-27-16 09:37 AM
    What transfer or intermediary method are you using to move between devices?
    I used local WiFi rather than G-drive or SD card. It appears all of my contacts transferred ok as well as my calendar data. But no email account settings or sms messages transferred though.

Now, I may be confused as to what and how things are done within this process. I hadn't " activated" the stock sms client (messages + I think it is?) on the Priv before I initiated the transfer, so that may be the reason why it hung there. I had over 5k sms messages. I knew it would only handle 3500 of them and that's ok. The oldest ones I don't care about anyway.

From the app description, I was under the impression it would transfer all of my email account settings and set the email accounts up. Maybe that's not how it works? Do I need to manually set up the accounts on the Priv first?

Anyway, I'm at work today so I won't be able to dive back in until this evening.

Thanks for your input F2.

Posted via my very smart BlackBerry Z30
    08-27-16 11:01 AM
    I used local WiFi rather than G-drive or SD card. It appears all of my contacts transferred ok as well as my calendar data. But no email account settings or sms messages transferred though.

Now, I may be confused as to what and how things are done within this process. I hadn't " activated" the stock sms client (messages + I think it is?) on the Priv before I initiated the transfer, so that may be the reason why it hung there. I had over 5k sms messages. I knew it would only handle 3500 of them and that's ok. The oldest ones I don't care about anyway.

From the app description, I was under the impression it would transfer all of my email account settings and set the email accounts up. Maybe that's not how it works? Do I need to manually set up the accounts on the Priv first?

Anyway, I'm at work today so I won't be able to dive back in until this evening.

Thanks for your input F2.

Posted via my very smart BlackBerry Z30
    I have not used it in months. I don't really recall what it transfers. But here's the BB World description for what it is worth. It does sound as if the account must be on the new device????

"Welcome to Content Transfer for BlackBerry!

You can use the Content Transfer for BlackBerry app to switch to your new PRIV by BlackBerry. The Content Transfer app moves data that is saved in the storage space on your BlackBerry 10 (10.2.1 and later) device. Data that is associated with a web-based account, such as contacts and calendar events, is transferred when you add the account to your new device. Data that is saved to a media card is transferred when you insert the media card into your new device.

Your data can be transferred with password-protected encryption using Google Drive, your media card, or a private Wi-Fi network.

Content Transfer moves the following data from your BlackBerry 10 device:
    � Contacts
    � Calendar
    � Pictures
    � Videos
    � Music
    � Text messages (SMS) Max 3500
    � Notes
    � Tasks
    � Documents
    � Email accounts

For more information, visit http://www.blackberry.com/transfer."
    08-27-16 12:16 PM
    Question: Does a Classic use the same size sim card as the Priv?
    08-27-16 01:56 PM
    So I went ahead and did a factory reset (I seem to see that suggestion a lot in these forums), updated all of the BB apps, added my email accounts and "activated" the VZW sms app, then ran the content transfer app again and everything worked fine. So I think not having any SMS client set as the default is what was hanging things up before.

Man, I feel like I'm going to be busy for awhile getting this thing set up to my liking. There are endless settings to worry about. And to top it off, I think I have a bad SIM card. I put the SIM in and it won't connect to the VZW network. So I'll have to cruise on down to the local VZW store tomorrow and get that taken care of.

The older I get, the more time consuming switching phones becomes!
    gebco and FF22 like this.
    08-28-16 04:19 AM
30 12