I bought my Priv when it was first released through AT&T. I ran into many of the common problems...sluggishness...bad GPS experience...and constantly losing connection to the network. I went in to get a new sim from my local at&t store yesterday, and BANG...it's like a whole different device. Snappy, consistently strong signal, and GPS is way better. I don't know exactly why. Maybe sim cards are made a little more specific for the Priv now? Anyway...it runs like a champ. Hope this helps.
    FF22, Jane23 and PRGDR like this.
    01-19-17 01:46 PM
    I imagine the GPS works better because of the A-GPS function, that is because it is being helped by a better working data network. Anyways, it sounds great, and it sort of proves that it is more the provider's fault than it is the device's.
    01-23-17 12:16 PM
    I notice when the signal gets bad, the device becomes sluggish too. Not sure why that is. But it can get pretty annoying especially when driving through no signal zones.
    01-23-17 01:18 PM
    I bought my Priv when it was first released through AT&T. I ran into many of the common problems...sluggishness...bad GPS experience...and constantly losing connection to the network. I went in to get a new sim from my local at&t store yesterday, and BANG...it's like a whole different device. Snappy, consistently strong signal, and GPS is way better. I don't know exactly why. Maybe sim cards are made a little more specific for the Priv now? Anyway...it runs like a champ. Hope this helps.
    Can I ask, what prompted you needing/wanting a new Sim? Did att charge you? I too am on att, and have had some of the same sluggish issues, just curious if I too should do as you did. Would love to to have that snap back!
    01-23-17 02:17 PM
    If your sim is causing problems, AT&T should replace the problem one with a new one for free.
    01-23-17 03:05 PM
    There is no charge to get a replacement SIM card from AT&T.

Bob
    01-23-17 03:51 PM
    Can I ask, what prompted you needing/wanting a new Sim? Did att charge you? I too am on att, and have had some of the same sluggish issues, just curious if I too should do as you did. Would love to to have that snap back!
    My phone was constantly disconnecting and reconnecting to the network. It usually coincided with a "no sim" message in the corner. I went in and told them, and their first remedy was the new SIM. No charge.
    FF22 likes this.
    01-26-17 01:25 PM
    Thanks, I'm going to try this...
    01-28-17 04:56 AM