I recently swapped a defective Priv with screen creaking for a warranty replacement device. The new device is perfect in every way. Unfortunately...my dog jumped up on the bed and stretched on my phone while I was looking the other way...scratching the back pretty deep. It now has a very obvious gash in the back.

I was wondering if anyone knows how to go about getting just the back cover replaced. I have Blackberry Care but in the fine print it says cosmetic damage is not covered. I'm going to call anyways to see if they can do anything. I bought a slim IMAK case from ebay to cover it up but I will really miss the grippy texture and look of the glass weave back (plus resale value when I switch the device in the future). I wanted to see if replacement parts are available yet online or if there was an avenue to get it repaired through blackberry or a third party vendor at a decent cost.

Thanks!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    01-17-16 01:55 PM
    Sorry to hear that. If BlackBerry is unable to help, you might want to consider a skin.

01-17-16 02:22 PM
    If you're worried about resell worth, I would replace it in 6-12 months when replacement parts are more available and cheaper.
    01-17-16 02:49 PM
    Replacement parts are not yet available, but keep checking everyday, you never know. Injuredgadgets, ebay, amazon, resellerparts, etc.
    01-17-16 07:47 PM
    Time to trim those nails!

01-17-16 07:55 PM