Ok, we know the hub is there but what about Blend?

It must work as good or better than my current passport.

Anybody confirm Blend will be there?

No Blend. No deal.

Posted via CB10
    Lawmen23 likes this.
    10-17-15 07:53 AM
    Blend is definitely part of the blackberry experience suite. Not sure yet whether it will be free for the Priv.
    10-17-15 08:01 AM
    10-17-15 08:42 AM
    you didn't get what Blend stands for, right ?
    10-17-15 12:59 PM
    you didn't get what Blend stands for, right ?
    It's the desktop hub client, no?

I personally don't use it much, don't really understand what it really is for. The only time I've used it is when I have a notification and replying to BBM (to one guy I know who has it) when my phone is charging on my nightstand. I don't need it as my unified mailbox, I already have a mail client that I've been using for years, plus I use Google as my backend so I already have web clients to access anywhere with my browser. I don't use SMS so that's also not useful to me.
    RyanGermann likes this.
    10-17-15 02:08 PM
    It's the desktop hub client, no?

I personally don't use it much, don't really understand what it really is for. The only time I've used it is when I have a notification and replying to BBM (to one guy I know who has it) when my phone is charging on my nightstand. I don't need it as my unified mailbox, I already have a mail client that I've been using for years, plus I use Google as my backend so I already have web clients to access anywhere with my browser. I don't use SMS so that's also not useful to me.

Its all about security and privacy. Nothing will be stored locally. Everything is left on your BBRY Device with full security. But you can access it anywhere on your tablet or computer.
    10-17-15 03:50 PM
    Its all about security and privacy. Nothing will be stored locally. Everything is left on your BBRY Device with full security. But you can access it anywhere on your tablet or computer.
    Well considering I'm only accessing it from my own computers, tablets, and the data is already on Google's servers, I don't see that as a big selling point to me.
    10-17-15 04:07 PM
    already on Google's servers, I don't see that as a big selling point to me.
    you don't seem to be targeted audience i use it a lot.
    Lawmen23 likes this.
    10-17-15 04:30 PM
    I do too. But if you are using an Android device, where your data sits doesn't really matter anymore :P

Though I doubt blend will be there. It's barely functional for BB10 as it is - and the hub won't contain anything more than email, sms and bbm. So there isn't really much for blend to extend to you. Besides, like Android devices in general, on Google play there are plenty of alternatives that will do the same better / faster / smarter.

Posted to CB via my Passport | Lloyd Summers | FileArchiveHaven
    10-17-15 04:33 PM
    Yeah. I mean my work computer blocks us from installing stuff, and I can't open tunnels on it, which Blend does. My other machines are all at home, plus my previous explanation, it's moot for me.
    10-17-15 04:33 PM
    I do too. But if you are using an Android device, where your data sits doesn't really matter anymore :P

Though I doubt blend will be there. It's barely functional for BB10 as it is - and the hub won't contain anything more than email, sms and bbm. So there isn't really much for blend to extend to you. Besides, like Android devices in general, on Google play there are plenty of alternatives that will do the same better / faster / smarter.

There won't be any comparable gadget from Google Play, because they are all not secure. It matters a lot where my data sits. Nobody can access or look up anything i did, when i used blend. If i have to transfer the data onto the PC or whatever first, there is always that chance that somebody could see what i ve been doing. Since Blend will be part of BlackBerry Experience Suite it will also contain additional security software for your Android Device and as you Know Knox i.e. is pretty secure.
    10-17-15 05:02 PM
    Blend icon was visible in some of the leaks. I suspect it will be there.
    10-17-15 05:04 PM
    There won't be any comparable gadget from Google Play, because they are all not secure. It matters a lot where my data sits. Nobody can access or look up anything i did, when i used blend. If i have to transfer the data onto the PC or whatever first, there is always that chance that somebody could see what i ve been doing. Since Blend will be part of BlackBerry Experience Suite it will also contain additional security software for your Android Device and as you Know Knox i.e. is pretty secure.
    (Speculation) I think you over estimate how secure Blend is versus any other product that does the same...

That said I've always suspected it was a side project from a fired developer that was lazy and didn't want to keep using his phone for bbm. Don't get me wrong, I see BlackBerry Experience Suite just as a marketing term to convince people that BlackBerry is doing something more than what anyone else is doing.

But I'm a little bitter these days, not entirely because of the Priv, it's name, the OS switch, the impact to developers, or the sacrifice of convenience over security and privacy by a company claiming to never put consumers ahead of enterprise...

Last edited by KermEd; 10-17-15 at 07:01 PM.
    10-17-15 06:36 PM
    I use Blend at work all the time. I never really thought BlackBerry was pushing it's use as a security product -- it's more or less for "blending" the use of your phone and desktop.

For me the big wins with the product is:

- Able to see/respond to text, BBMs, and e-mail notifications without picking up my phone;

- Able to send/receive files from my desktop and phone seamlessly;

- Able to see phone calls come up as a toast notification (and screen the calls accordingly);

- Check out my calendar, etc.

What I would like it to do is pull in other notifications as well (WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter).

Seeing as the Hub is a little more tedious to get to (and there's no Peek and Flow), I think Blend is more valued than ever with BlackBerry for Android.

Posted via CB10
    10-18-15 12:04 PM
    Blend is always open on my laptop, I find it extremely useful, but blackberry seems to have given up on it before they developed it to its' full potential

I haven't seen Remember on any Priv screenshots, is that being abandoned too? Are there also better Android app alternatives?

Passport OS 10.3.2.2639
    10-18-15 12:52 PM
    I use Blend at work all the time. I never really thought BlackBerry was pushing it's use as a security product -- it's more or less for "blending" the use of your phone and desktop.

For me the big wins with the product is:

- Able to see/respond to text, BBMs, and e-mail notifications without picking up my phone;

- Able to send/receive files from my desktop and phone seamlessly;

- Able to see phone calls come up as a toast notification (and screen the calls accordingly);

- Check out my calendar, etc.

What I would like it to do is pull in other notifications as well (WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter).

Seeing as the Hub is a little more tedious to get to (and there's no Peek and Flow), I think Blend is more valued than ever with BlackBerry for Android.

Posted via CB10
    This is exactly how I use it too and love it. With the addition of at home, I leave my ph on the charging stand in another room, and tap away at my laptop and still get my bbms, texts, emails and see incoming calls.

Absolutely love it and a deal breaker if not on priv

Posted via CB10
    10-19-15 05:55 AM