I feel somewhat bad for Sprint customers. Very happy this didn't happen with Verizon. I guess it's time to jump ship, I literally know zero people still on Sprint.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    04-12-16 09:44 AM
    My guess is that given the position that Sprint is in, they probably backed out of the deal because they couldn't afford it.
    I'm thinking the same. But if you know this and I know this, John Chen certainly knows this. At the very least, he should have learned his lesson after the Sprint Z30 debacle, so he should have chosen his words more carefully.

Sprint carrying this phone is not going to make or break the bank, but it certainly sucks for Sprint customers who were holding on to hope that this phone would come to Sprint--false hope partially seeded by John Chen.
    04-12-16 09:44 AM
    While one could call him out, we don't know the details exactly of what happened.

My guess is that given the position that Sprint is in, they probably backed out of the deal because they couldn't afford it.
    I would think they backed out of it because they don't want to give up valuable floor space and do customer support, customer support training, set up pages on CRM for a device that doesn't sell.
    04-12-16 11:12 AM
    I would think they backed out of it because they don't want to give up valuable floor space and do customer support, customer support training, set up pages on CRM for a device that doesn't sell.
    Lmao. Exactly.

Posted via CB10
    mister2d and techvisor like this.
    04-12-16 11:48 AM
    Based on the sales numbers... I doubt any one Carrier has really seen much of a return on their investment yet.
    BergerKing and techvisor like this.
    04-12-16 12:00 PM
    Based on the sales numbers... I doubt any one Carrier has really seen much of a return on their investment yet.
    Divide priv sales via multiple carriers in multiple markets and the answer is... (hint: do not pass go, do not collect $200).
    techvisor likes this.
    04-12-16 01:36 PM
    Sprint got precisely one BlackBerry 10 device, the Q10. It sold like Blueberry turdsicles. They couldn't give them away. They actually stepped back and read the writing on the wall and said, "Enough of this. Stock what sells, and stop messing around." Friends and associates pointed out that Chen said Sprint would get the phone. I said it wouldn't happen. They tested it, found it lacking any compelling reason to invest, and moved on.

Am I prescient? No. When the writing on the wall is clear, I recognize that sometimes, graffiti is the truth.
    rusty502, JeepBB and techvisor like this.
    04-12-16 02:26 PM
    Sprint got precisely one BlackBerry 10 device, the Q10. It sold like Blueberry turdsicles. They couldn't give them away. They actually stepped back and read the writing on the wall and said, "Enough of this. Stock what sells, and stop messing around." Friends and associates pointed out that Chen said Sprint would get the phone. I said it wouldn't happen. They tested it, found it lacking any compelling reason to invest, and moved on.

Am I prescient? No. When the writing on the wall is clear, I recognize that sometimes, graffiti is the truth.
    Back over the summer... I would never have believed that they would get three out of the four big US Carriers.... It seemed that BlackBerry and T-Mobile were working together and I kinda figured ATT.... But I didn't expect Verizon as the PRIV wasn't being touted as an enterprise device, even tough that is how Verizon is treating it.

Anyway 3 out of 4 is pretty good. With the PIRV's record, that won't happen again.
    04-12-16 03:00 PM
    Sprint sucks and that is why i left them for Verizon the now ATT. I was with them for like 14 years and the kids and wife are on sprint, horrible horrible. their customer service is real good
    04-12-16 06:10 PM
    I literally know zero people still on Sprint.
    I know one (1) - he and his wife are on a grandfathered plan with unlimited data. They basically don't leave their metro area, so it's fine; once they get out of the metro area, they've got little to nothing.

The fact that they've got sales agreements forcing them to hit quotas on other certain devices is incentive not to pick up other devices where they're exposed to any kind of risk. (See: selling substantially all your assets, then leasing them back and hoping you can somehow use that free cash to turn around a quickly sinking ship.)
    04-12-16 09:03 PM
    Somebody should call out John Chen, if not for being totally wrong at first about Sprint getting this phone, then for counting chickens before they hatched.
    I'll join you in that. I'll also point out that the Priv may be the worst selling flagship in BlackBerry's history. We should call Chen out for being wrong about a whole lot of things.

04-12-16 09:12 PM
    I'll join you in that. I'll also point out that the Priv may be the worst selling flagship in BlackBerry's history. We should call Chen out for being wrong about a whole lot of things.

But he is close to being profitable... that hasn't happened with BB10 "flagships" or any other BB10 device.

And who knows if they get it down to $499 a unit, sales might pick up "IF" there is any desire for a PKB device. But then I doubt we will see the PRIV that low as I think their cost are just too high and their need for margins are too great... Chen would rather pull it than sell it that low.
    04-13-16 07:51 AM

The fact that they've got sales agreements forcing them to hit quotas on other certain devices is incentive not to pick up other devices
    That happens on every single carrier - those agreements are tied to additional marketing dollars provided by the OEM - it's partly why HTC and BBRY are struggling, they cannot provide this influx. It's also the same reason that sales people push certain devices.
    04-13-16 10:15 AM
38 12