I want to buy the Keyone on release day here in the US but have decided to wait for the price drop. If the Keyone would have released a month ago I would have it by now. About 2 weeks ago a bought a near perfect unlocked backup PRIV for $200 and installed fresh files and found myself in love with this phone again so much that for the first time in my life I won't be an early adopter. I have a feeling I'll be picking up a Keyone later this year for $300. Anyone else feel like me?
    FF22 and Nathan Conley like this.
    05-17-17 07:16 PM
    Given BlackBerry s history of rapid depreciation over the last four years, I don't blame you. Only one that didn't drop quickly was Passport SE.

Posted via CB10
    05-17-17 08:05 PM
    I'm gonna hang with my priv probably until next spring anyway as long as I don't blow it up. I guess I'll know by then if Verizon will carry the keyone. I might go longer than that if my priv is still going good.
    05-17-17 08:12 PM
    Me too.

Partly out of spite.
    Partly because I switched over to using a non-PKB phone with a 6" screen and not really missing my Priv's PKB.
    Also because I've used my phone single handed to Swype type (not swiftkey like BB Keyboard swipe) and I thought to myself, it'll be hard to have done this on the KEYone.
    05-17-17 08:19 PM
    Going 2 hold out 4 a few months on the K1 as well until the price drops & it goes through a few updates 2 work out the kinks. I currently have a Priv but use my Classic as my daily driver.

Posted via CB10
    05-17-17 08:22 PM
    Good Move. If you do not need the Keyone now wait for price drop. I have a Priv and a Dtek 60, I can wait...
    Also, I read TCL is going to release two more phones that will not be reference designs this year to replace the DTEK 50 and 60. I will wait to see all the options before I upgrade.
    05-17-17 09:08 PM
    I will do the same. No need for me to rush it. I have had the Priv for only 2 months. I will see what kind of sale they have for the holidays. By then, whatever kinks in the software should be ironed out.
    05-17-17 09:28 PM
    Same situation in my case, I bought my PRIV in June last year. I'd like to wait and see how the KeyOne will be available in Mexico first, as my mom and gf are also looking to get it. Hopefully it'd be either through the main carrier Telcel or even better, straight purchase from TCL/BlackBerry Mobile.

Getting a factory unlocked PRIV in Mexico became a bit troublesome. Shop BlackBerry never offered it for straight purchase (unlike previous devices) and when it was "officially" sold by Amazon, about 6 months after the official launch, it was quite pricey... I ended up getting it through a third party seller.

I'm hoping not to have to jump over such loops to buy a KeyOne. Something I'd also like to see are accessories offered down here, getting a case for any BlackBerry since the Passport has been a pain in the butt.
    Last edited by JG_Agustin; 05-17-17 at 10:57 PM.
    05-17-17 10:22 PM
    I'm also typing this on a Priv right now, and also have decided to hold out till at least late summer or Fall. I'm going to wait and read "real world performance" reviews and let them work out a few bugs.

I also feel that a price drop will occur sometime in that range. And quite frankly, I still like my Priv.

My biggest issue is that I'm a heavy user, and my battery is really going to go downhill fast going forward. It's still acceptable for now, but fade has become noticeable of late.
    05-17-17 10:45 PM
    Like the rest here, gonna wait a bit. Being on Verizon, it may be a long wait.
    05-18-17 06:17 AM
    I will probably pass on the KEYone though it looks like a nice device. I will wait to see if Nougat comes to the Priv. If it does, I am good for a couple of more years.

But a real nice price drop or even another manufacturer like OnePlus could catch my attention. But I do love my BlackBerry suite of apps that are free. Maybe TCL will come out with a compelling Priv 2! (No, I will not hold my breath!)
    05-18-17 06:29 AM
    I want to buy the Keyone on release day here in the US but have decided to wait for the price drop. If the Keyone would have released a month ago I would have it by now. About 2 weeks ago a bought a near perfect unlocked backup PRIV for $200 and installed fresh files and found myself in love with this phone again so much that for the first time in my life I won't be an early adopter. I have a feeling I'll be picking up a Keyone later this year for $300. Anyone else feel like me?
    Same case over here. Got a PRIV a month back and loving it
    05-18-17 07:30 AM
    I'm on my ninth month with my Priv and absolutely loving it. Bought it for the nostalgia of a pkb, and basically because I've always loathed typing long text on a cold glass slab because it never is as accurate as tactile typing on a pkb. I was pleasantly surprised at the decent accuracy of the vkb as well on the Priv. I use it 90% of the time, reserving use of the pkb for long work email when I need impeccable accuracy.

When the KeyOne drops to below $300, I'll probably take the plunge. Until then, my Priv takes the cake.
    ollyberry likes this.
    05-20-17 12:36 PM
    I just bought the priv to tide me over and it has exceeded all my expectations. So much so don't think I can get the keyone right away because of the VKB on the priv.
    FF22 likes this.
    05-20-17 01:07 PM
    I probably shouldn't say this in public with fear that BlackBerry might read it, but if the Priv gets updated to Nougat, the KEYone is not that much of an upgrade.

Nougat should bring much better battery life and the split screen feature on the Priv will be the best experience of any device out there.

Also, it seems that the KEYone is a better performer than the Priv, but I wonder how much of that is because of Nougat. The head to head tests have been Marshmallow versus Nougat, which is not fair. It's like comparing Lollipop to Nougat. The Priv got so much better after the update.

So..... I eagerly await Nougat on the Priv. Not sure if it will happen, but the 808 is still a capable processor, albeit a little power hungry.

I'd love to see a Nougat versus Nougat test of the Priv and KEYone. That will be the true test of performance and battery life.

I suspect that the Priv may surprise us in that test.
    chuckiev79 likes this.
    05-20-17 03:35 PM
    With all the excitement of the KEYone launch, it seems to be overlooked (or ignored) that the Priv is actually superior in several respects (bigger screen, better display, smoother trackpad scrolling, better flick to type, swipe up from home button, swipe down for symbols, vkb and pkb). And, when it was pulled from Shop BlackBerry, at ₤294 it was a whopping ₤205 cheaper than KEYone! And enjoying it even more with the new Keyboard Browser - what a fantastic app!
    Matt J likes this.
    05-20-17 04:15 PM
    With all the excitement of the KEYone launch, it seems to be overlooked (or ignored) that the Priv is actually superior in several respects (bigger screen, better display, smoother trackpad scrolling, better flick to type, swipe up from home button, swipe down for symbols, vkb and pkb). And, when it was pulled from Shop BlackBerry, at ₤294 it was a whopping ₤205 cheaper than KEYone! And enjoying it even more with the new Keyboard Browser - what a fantastic app!
    I am so curious how the Priv will perform with Nougat. All the more reason I think we might not get it.
    05-20-17 04:31 PM
    I am so curious how the Priv will perform with Nougat. All the more reason I think we might not get it.
    I think you're right. I suspect that the Priv was removed from ShopBB so as not to compete with the KEYone as the only other pkb android device. And they won't want it to be improved by giving it Nougat!
    Last edited by Bertie Bear; 05-21-17 at 04:57 AM.
    05-20-17 04:40 PM
    I think I'll do the same too. Up to now the key1 hasn't been announced to arrive in my country instead the Aurora is now being promoted with the trade in. All BB 10 phones are traded in for quite a decent price so we can offset some of the Aurora's price.

I'll wait for Nougat to arrive on my priv and I'll see how it will perform, I've seen some phones updated to Nougat from Marshmallow and the overall performance is stellar, I'm optimistic when priv receives Nougat, it will have some new improvements and better performance.

But if the Nougat doesn't do much On the priv, I'll definitely make my jump to the keyone for sure. That battery life is.... Wow! That's a BlackBerry!
    05-20-17 06:22 PM
    Yes, I have come to the conclusion that the PRIV is the better form factor for working on the phone. Plus I just adore the OLED screens with the deep blacks.

If it gets split screen from Nougat it would be amazing.

The KeyOne seems like it takes a few steps back.
    05-20-17 06:33 PM
    I think TCL or BlackBerry should do their customers a solid and put out Nougat for the Priv fiasco. There were a lot of who paid $700 + for that phone with many issues at first. It would be a nice gesture from them. Heck I would most certainly buy the Keyone this winter.
    FF22 and hjc73734 like this.
    05-20-17 09:16 PM
    I probably shouldn't say this in public with fear that BlackBerry might read it, but if the Priv gets updated to Nougat, the KEYone is not that much of an upgrade.

Nougat should bring much better battery life and the split screen feature on the Priv will be the best experience of any device out there.

Also, it seems that the KEYone is a better performer than the Priv, but I wonder how much of that is because of Nougat. The head to head tests have been Marshmallow versus Nougat, which is not fair. It's like comparing Lollipop to Nougat. The Priv got so much better after the update.

So..... I eagerly await Nougat on the Priv. Not sure if it will happen, but the 808 is still a capable processor, albeit a little power hungry.

I'd love to see a Nougat versus Nougat test of the Priv and KEYone. That will be the true test of performance and battery life.

I suspect that the Priv may surprise us in that test.
    I don't think even with nougat the battery life on the priv would come close to the keyone. It might run more stuff faster though. Who knows. I'm still leaning towards no nougat for priv
    05-20-17 10:29 PM
    I don't think even with nougat the battery life on the priv would come close to the keyone. It might run more stuff faster though. Who knows. I'm still leaning towards no nougat for priv
    Ha. Well if BBMobile reads this thread they will definitely withhold Nougat from the Priv!

And I do doubt that battery life will improve significantly. I'm just looking forward to split screen. This phone is MADE FOR IT! More so than even the KeyOne.
    05-20-17 11:13 PM
    The Priv belongs to BlackBerry Ltd who are now out of the hardware business. So I can't really see any incentive for them to provide Nougat to the Priv. It may even be prohibited under the terms of the licensing agreement with TCL?
    I'd hope for the monthly security updates to continue at least until the two year anniversary date (Nov 17) but after that, who knows.
    And once TCL release their own slabs (perhaps later this year?) the Dtek 50 and 60 will be in a similar position.
    05-21-17 04:27 AM
    And I do doubt that battery life will improve significantly. I'm just looking forward to split screen. This phone is MADE FOR IT! More so than even the KeyOne.
    I disagree. The battery life WILL improve significantly. This will be the most obvious change. Nougat has Doze 2.0 which puts the device into deep standby even when moving around, immediately when the screen is off. Doze 1.0 in Marshmallow only kicked in when sitting idle for 30 minutes.

Doze 2.0 in itself will improve the Priv's battery life. I'm not sure if it will approach the battery life on the KEYone, because the KEYone has a less power-hungry SoC, but it will make a difference for sure.

However, I wouldn't be surprised if Nougat does make the Priv at least as "snappy" as the KEYone. The 808 SoC is a powerful processor, and Nougat will take advantage of that power better than Marshmallow.

So, the true comparison will come in a head-to-head, Nougat to Nougat test of the Priv and KEYone.... that is, if the Priv actually gets it. :-(
    05-21-17 09:20 AM
49 12