Recently purchased the Priv (second time). Originally returned first one due to excessive heating and a few other issues.

Felt more comfortable trying the priv again now that it has marshmallow. First week all was pretty good. I really like the phones software. But, it is getting super warm again in instances that do not involve heavy use. Not gaming or streaming. It got so warm it became uncomfortable.

For those that have experienced and fixed the problem does a factory reset really work?

I really do not want to go back to the iPhone! I love this phone too much! I already fixed the clicky screen. I don't know if I can live with the heat issue.

Help!
    03-28-17 09:10 PM
    Have you received a heat warning?

Something is running hard in the background. Clear you app cache and reboot.
    03-28-17 09:14 PM
    Have you received a heat warning?

Something is running hard in the background. Clear you app cache and reboot.
    Thanks will give it a try! No heat warning just pretty hot to touch.
    03-28-17 09:30 PM
    Thanks will give it a try! No heat warning just pretty hot to touch.
    Main Settings, Battery and see what seems to be running when it is hot.

At the moment I can't locate something showing what the cpu is doing??? ANYONE??
    03-28-17 11:40 PM
    Install 'doze' from Google play in my experience it help reduce the heat
    03-29-17 12:08 AM
    It's normal for the phone to get hot and that doesn't necessarily require you to be doing something "intensive". For example, if you have automatically updating apps from the playstore in the background your phone will get pretty hot.
    03-29-17 12:53 AM
    How many accounts are you synchronizing and how often?
    03-29-17 06:38 AM
    Sometimes social apps don't play nice when they frequently refresh in the background. I shut all that down so they only refresh manually when I open them. I also periodically do a reboot. I don't have a heating problem.
    03-29-17 08:23 AM
    There is a very good thread about maximizing battery life.
    Here's a quick summary, search out the thread, it's well worth it:
    • Turn off Adaptive Brightness on the display
    • Turn off Animations
    • Upgrade to the LATEST release for Android and all of your apps
    • Use Swipe to access Facebook - it doesn't sit in the background and constantly poll
    03-29-17 08:47 AM
    I took the delayed but bold step of formatting my phone. And the result is terrific. The phone gets me through the day and only heats up when I use GPS. Try it. It might work for you.

Posted via BlackBerry Z30
    03-29-17 09:08 AM
    There is a very good thread about maximizing battery life.
    Here's a quick summary, search out the thread, it's well worth it:
    • Turn off Adaptive Brightness on the display
    • Turn off Animations
    • Upgrade to the LATEST release for Android and all of your apps
    • Use Swipe to access Facebook - it doesn't sit in the background and constantly poll
    Thanks. I should have said that I have already done this items you listed when performing my initial set up of the phone. Plus I do not use Facebook; never have or other social applications for the most part.
    03-29-17 10:17 AM
    I took the delayed but bold step of formatting my phone. And the result is terrific. The phone gets me through the day and only heats up when I use GPS. Try it. It might work for you.

Is formatting the phone the same as a factory reset?
    03-29-17 10:18 AM
    Sometimes social apps don't play nice when they frequently refresh in the background. I shut all that down so they only refresh manually when I open them. I also periodically do a reboot. I don't have a heating problem.
    Thanks. I don't have any social applications on my phone. And I did finally turn off auto app updates.
    newcollector likes this.
    03-29-17 10:19 AM
    How many accounts are you synchronizing and how often?
    I have 2 email accounts. One I such every hour and the other only when I open the app.
    03-29-17 10:20 AM
    Install 'doze' from Google play in my experience it help reduce the heat
    I'll check it out. Thanks
    03-29-17 10:21 AM
    Main Settings, Battery and see what seems to be running when it is hot.

At the moment I can't locate something showing what the cpu is doing??? ANYONE??
    I'll try that when it happens again.
    03-29-17 10:21 AM
    Not to put words in the mouth of the person who mentioned reformatting, but the one thing I have had friends do to fix chronic issues is a factory reset.

After the reset, load apps one at a time and see how they affect your phone before loading the next app. I know this has to be frustrating and we are all kind of shooting in the dark here. Hope it gets straightened out soon.
    03-29-17 10:25 AM
    Not to put words in the mouth of the person who mentioned reformatting, but the one thing I have had friends do to fix chronic issues is a factory reset.

After the reset, load apps one at a time and see how they affect your phone before loading the next app. I know this has to be frustrating and we are all kind of shooting in the dark here. Hope it gets straightened out soon.
    Thanks! Other than the heat issue, I really have no desire to go back to the iphone I was using, mostly because everyone in my family uses an iphone.
    03-29-17 11:08 AM
    Snapdragon 808 gets warm quiet often so this is normal behavior for priv. Every phone may vary by how thermal paste was applied lol.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-17 11:33 AM
    Snapdragon 808 gets warm quiet often so this is normal behavior for priv. Every phone may vary by how thermal paste was applied lol.

Posted via CB10
    I think I read that somewhere about the snapdragon 808.
    03-29-17 01:25 PM
    I use to have this problem with my Priv, it went away and then had come back when i work the device hard with multiple apps running. I found that this happens more when I'm on 4G and less often when connected to WiFi.

Best solution i found, is i put the leather flip case, now I can't tell if it's warming up, so don't think about it anymore.
    03-29-17 02:09 PM
    I use to have this problem with my Priv, it went away and then had come back when i work the device hard with multiple apps running. I found that this happens more when I'm on 4G and less often when connected to WiFi.

Best solution i found, is i put the leather flip case, now I can't tell if it's warming up, so don't think about it anymore.
    Not a bad idea about the case.
    03-29-17 02:15 PM
    Yes. It is one and the same.

03-29-17 02:51 PM