Exchanged my too hot to handle super battery drainy priv on Saturday...it is now Tuesday...today I got over 5 hours of screen on time, been unplugged since 7am and it's now 10:20pm (not am!) No heat issues on this device at all and I am still at 19 percent. If u have done everything humanly possible to tweak your phone for battery, run very few apps and are dying at 2-3 hrs SOT, me thinks you got a Blacklemon priv...I knew that couldn't be right. I am going to kiss my phone now bc I am falling in love with it. Let's hope the priv stays on good behavior!
    02-16-16 09:26 PM
    You will see the same issues it will just take time and or a heavy load of apps.
    It will get real warm and not charge because from what I've read the chip is the culprit and until they find a way to tone it down which will probably mean slowing it down ain't nothing going to change very much for you.
    I did the same thing and if she heats up she stops charging till she cools off, sad but true.

Posted via CB10
    02-16-16 09:57 PM
    You will see the same issues it will just take time and or a heavy load of apps.
    It will get real warm and not charge because from what I've read the chip is the culprit and until they find a way to tone it down which will probably mean slowing it down ain't nothing going to change very much for you.
    I did the same thing and if she heats up she stops charging till she cools off, sad but true.

Posted via CB10
    Only time my Priv runs hot is during os updates. Battery lasts me all day, easy. Had mine since the first week of December.

Posted via BlackBerry Priv
    02-16-16 10:02 PM
    Same. No heat issues except during OS updates. 7 to 8 hours SOT. Since early January.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on my Priv
    02-16-16 10:12 PM

Posted via CB10
    I have the phone since mid December and never experienced heat issues. Ok when I am surfing continually on the Web is getting hot but not more than any other phone I had in past.
    02-16-16 10:13 PM
    I get about 36-38 hours of full charge even with medium usage and I don't even touch the recent apps screen or battery management apps etc last longer then my Note 4 did ^^

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    02-17-16 12:53 AM
    What are your recommendation? I wake up at 5:40am and get to bath at 7am. Passport only drain to 80s and this to 60s. 6:30am right now

Attached Thumbnails It's a good battery day for me!-11837.jpg  
    02-17-16 04:30 AM
    Mine lasts all day as well (5:15am - 10pm), I put it back on the charger at around 20%. Only time I see fast battery drain is when updating.

And I don't use the Facebook app.

02-17-16 05:46 AM
    I would love to see 7 to 8 hrs SOT as described here. Most I'm getting is 5hrs with a bunch of stuff disabled no FB or Messenger or My T-Mobile account. I see lots of people here returning the device. My previous experience with BB devices it's usually software related. I have never seen such a trend. So far haven't had to wipe this device. Seems certain apps affect the Priv which is causing the overheating. Turn location off and you will get more life as well. Seems some apps access your GPS thousands of times a week which is ridiculous.

02-17-16 05:56 AM
    I just turned off the t-mobile app and the phone seems cooler and the battery is more stable. We'll see

02-17-16 06:11 AM
    Same. No heat issues except during OS updates. 7 to 8 hours SOT. Since early January.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on my Priv
    7-8 hours? How did you manage this?

I don't think I have seen/heard of any Android phone having these stats.
    nonamenomore likes this.
    02-17-16 09:01 AM
    7-8 hours would be a dream. I manage 5-6, and i think that is a good number for the Priv/Android in general. I am satisfied, gets me through the normal day.

02-17-16 10:30 AM
    I think this is the same chip I just did a quick search till I can find the link I saved.

http://www.extremetech.com/computing...a-heat-problem

Posted via CB10
    02-17-16 11:44 AM
    It's the other chip with the problem not ours however but the chips are from the same manufacturer and so I believe the problem pops up from time to time because too many Priv buyers took their phones back and yes I too have the same update and if I've used my phone for Web especially YouTube it gets warm not as hot as my first Priv but enough to catch my attention it shows it's charging but it don't pick up charging speed till I leave the phone alone.
    Try it and you'll see what I'm talking about.
    I trust BlackBerry will fix the problem it's just annoying and it messes up my schedules throughout my day sometimes for obvious reasons.
    Yes we expect a lot out of our phones and for good reason we pay a lot and sometimes through the nose for products not really ready for prime time.
    We should have been given access to throttle to a safe limits of course so we can work around issues like this in Android which has been around since the day Android was launched and or tweak a little more to our usages of the phone because everyone is indeed different.

Posted via CB10
    02-17-16 12:09 PM
    What are your recommendation? I wake up at 5:40am and get to bath at 7am. Passport only drain to 80s and this to 60s. 6:30am right now

Not normal , seems some apps work on the background, make a reboot of the phone.
    02-17-16 12:10 PM

i suggest you should try "Hard Reset" on the phone. It will optimise your applications on the phone and may give better battery results. "Hard Reset" does not harm your data. To do a Hard Reset press "Power Button" togather with "Volume Up and Down Keys" all pressed togather for 30-35 secs. After Blackberry logo appears for the 3rd time release all and let it boot. It will optimize all the apps and may solve your unusual Battery drainage.

Hope that Helps
    02-17-16 12:31 PM
    Obviously I have no clue how you people with the problems use your devices. However, I do know one thing is true; I know exactly how I use my PRIV and I have had it since day one of the launch and it has had zero problems relating to getting hot and having the battery drain.

My PRIV device has never gotten more than warm, even when I took it out of the box and put it through setup.

I use my PRIV for many different things for most of my waking hours. I use all kinds of multimedia and have it connected to Bluetooth a lot. I run five email accounts solely off my BlackBerry Hub. I use SMS / MMS, BBM, make / receive phone calls, the camera, everything.

I use a lot of specific apps. But what I do not ever use are facebook, twitter, instagram, snap chat, or anything like those. Maybe that's why my PRIV is working perfectly fine.

Even if I did use those services I listed above, I would use their websites from my browser, not their apps and their notifications wouldn't be in my Hub. Anyways, I'm done.

02-17-16 05:21 PM
    SOT?
    02-17-16 05:49 PM
    Obviously I have no clue how you people with the problems use your devices. However, I do know one thing is true; I know exactly how I use my PRIV and I have had it since day one of the launch and it has had zero problems relating to getting hot and having the battery drain.

My PRIV device has never gotten more than warm, even when I took it out of the box and put it through setup.

I use my PRIV for many different things for most of my waking hours. I use all kinds of multimedia and have it connected to Bluetooth a lot. I run five email accounts solely off my BlackBerry Hub. I use SMS / MMS, BBM, make / receive phone calls, the camera, everything.

I use a lot of specific apps. But what I do not ever use are facebook, twitter, instagram, snap chat, or anything like those. Maybe that's why my PRIV is working perfectly fine.

Even if I did use those services I listed above, I would use their websites from my browser, not their apps and their notifications wouldn't be in my Hub. Anyways, I'm done.

I am using all the apps that you mention and I never had overheating or battery problems.
    02-17-16 07:16 PM
    Our priv's has the 808 chip not the 810!
    02-17-16 07:34 PM
    I get a full day too. 5:00 AM to 10:00 PM.... with juice to spare. I used DTEK to determine which apps were tracking my location and just deleted them. I found Twitter to be the worse culprit.

Also, I never had any heat issues.
    02-17-16 08:15 PM

Posted via CB10
    Try loading snapdragon guru from the app store. Did you make sure to exchange the phone for a phone from a different batch? When I went back they tried to give me one from the same shipment, next next sn or imei up, and I said get one from a different manufacture date or I am returning it...
    02-18-16 04:49 AM

I am running (installed in this order), greenify, snapdragon guru, and gsam battery to keep an eye on business. It took a few days for the phone to settle down, but I can tell u instantly after I exchanged for a phone w a different manufacture date, I was not seeing any heat or battery drain. I am pretty sure my last phone was a lemon, battery would dissipate while charging, which was nuts, and drop by huge percentages from the screen after five minutes of use. That being said, I also run gsam display to keep the display on lowest setting depending on lighting, bc the biggest sucker of all is the screen. I uninstalled what everyone recommended in other threads (if I didn't need it)), took out tmo app, and greenified apps that were leaky which I don't use much. Manual adjust of display is a bummer (insert shrug). I hope I can get this awesome screen time everyone lalalas about and can also get this alleged 36 hours? From where I am now that sounds like crazy talk...anyway...if u tweak everything, use nothing, and have to charge up before noon u r not crazy, and the phone doesn't suck, it for sure means there's a problem w the hardware. For all I know this phone is also defective if people are getting 2x the screen time, but it's not acceptable to have a phone u don't use that needs a charge by early day. Something no es correcto.
    02-18-16 05:04 AM
    I would love to see 7 to 8 hrs SOT as described here. Most I'm getting is 5hrs with a bunch of stuff disabled no FB or Messenger or My T-Mobile account. I see lots of people here returning the device. My previous experience with BB devices it's usually software related. I have never seen such a trend. So far haven't had to wipe this device. Seems certain apps affect the Priv which is causing the overheating. Turn location off and you will get more life as well. Seems some apps access your GPS thousands of times a week which is ridiculous.

I actually turned location on bc the apps that want it were draining calling for it. I am using metal for fb but running messenger. Use tmo visual vmail too. This is not a BlackBerry; it's an android. I will take another look at location, maybe going the other way will help. Have to admit this is a lot of tweaking just to get the battery to last!
    Seems to be a universal android issue based on the gazillion battery saver apps in the app atore.
    02-18-16 05:08 AM

For sure there are a lot of lemons. When I got the first one, out of the box it was on fire doing the update. This one didn't even get warm. I'm tellin' u, there's defective privs out there. Until u have had one of each u won't know what it's like; this is a sorrow I wish upon no one! Heh.
    02-18-16 05:12 AM
38 12