So, am looking to move from iPhone 6+ to Priv or Mercury. Have had Q10 before. Miss a pbk. Anyone else moved from iPhone to Priv?
    01-01-17 02:19 PM
    So, am looking to move from iPhone 6+ to Priv or Mercury. Have had Q10 before. Miss a pbk. Anyone else moved from iPhone to Priv?
    Welcome back to the light!!!
    01-01-17 03:14 PM
    I believe I've seen such threads. Hopefully, someone who has made that move will chime in.
    01-01-17 04:22 PM
    I went to a priv from an iPhone but am anticipating the mercury.
    01-01-17 04:45 PM
    I went to a priv from an iPhone but am anticipating the mercury.
    Am wanting Mercury, just not sure I wanna wait to much longer.
    davidinLA likes this.
    01-01-17 05:03 PM
    I did that very thing. It will take a bit to get your muscle memory retrained but the move has been great. What things do you have questions about?
    01-01-17 05:20 PM
    Priv is a good deal right now, although not as good as it was for Black Friday. However if you are really seeking out that classic form factor, perhaps you should wait for Mercury. I would imagine getting news articles CES as others have noted here.
    01-01-17 06:17 PM
    I made the move when Priv was first released on Verizon. At the time, I regretted it due to the fact that there was no Visual Voicemail, no support for short text codes, & no wifi calling (all of which are now working on Verizon) So, I returned the Priv and upgraded to the iPhone 6s Plus. I later bought a Priv through a third party, upgraded to Marshmallow, and now use a Priv as well as an iPhone 7. I love both phones. Make the move! So many pros to using the Priv.
    01-01-17 08:33 PM
    I did that very thing I had an iPhone 6 and I never looked back the priv rocks
    01-01-17 09:09 PM
    The OS is pretty much standard vanilla Android plus the BlackBerry suite.
    01-01-17 11:52 PM
    I would wait for the Mercury if you can. The announcement is suppose to come this week at CES (1/4 to be exact) so hopefully we have a better idea of release date as well as pricing, specs, etc.
    01-02-17 07:20 AM
    The Mercury should be a great device. But, consider carefully, as you will be sacrificing a lot of screen, and most likely getting an odd aspect ratio.
    It's totally a matter of personnel preference, but make sure you factor that into your considerations / decision.
    01-02-17 08:10 AM
    I have an iPhone and PRIV. There are times when I just use the iPhone just because the apps run better, but it's rather an Android thing as a whole.

I much prefer using the PRIV though, the email client alone (which you can get on any Android) is 10x better than the iPhone mail client.

From what I've read, the Mercury will come with a mid range processor and an odd sized screen. With the mid range processor and smaller screen, you'll probably get some killer battery life (probably much better than the PRIV I assume) .... However, some apps may not format properly with the screen size.

The PRIV you can score at a great price right now. It's still an awesome phone!!! I'll be using the PRIV for a while (I've had it for over a year!)
    ajwan and bluesqueen23 like this.
    01-02-17 09:29 AM
    From what I've read, the Mercury will come with a mid range processor
    Yep, I forgot that most, if not all rumors say it will have a 600 series processor.
    01-02-17 09:42 AM
    I can totally understand where you are coming from. I was one of the first adopters of Blackberry when they came out in the late 90s and loved them until around a 1.5 yrs ago. I loved the BB10 OS but just found it keeps struggling with productivity apps now (not the toy apps etc) so I bought an iPhone 6s Plus and put my Passport to rest.

During the last 14 months or so I just decided to purchase a Priv even though I hate the name and hate Android but I thought I would give it a try. I love the BBY software and the emailing facilities and even the hub on droid is not bad its no BB10 but it does a great job. So now I have been jumping around between using my iPhone and Priv hehehe. I think the IOS is very much more polished and smoother than droid could ever be, I consider droid a poor mans OS like a budget cheap car etc. Still I miss the BBY so I am going to use my Priv much more, its a nice phone and love the keyboard option and has some nice features baked into it.

So in many ways I am in a similar situation to you heheh.
    bluesqueen23 likes this.
    01-02-17 11:03 AM
    Android is always going to clunky and disjointed, it's a platform for apps, does almost nothing by it'self. Whereas BB10 and iOS are more of a complete system, which allow apps, if you need to do something different.
    Android does OK, specially considering what it is, (and isn't).
    BB10 would be by far the best, if there were apps, (that worked) but alas.............................
    01-02-17 11:13 AM
    i wish i had waited for the Mercury - i have a Priv and rarely use its PKB.
    Just tend to forget it's there
    01-02-17 04:34 PM
    I went from my Passport to an iphone7 (currently using both) and lo and behold, found I love them. My ideal smartphone now would be using both IOS 10 and BB10 OS! Wishful thinking I know........

Posted via CB10
    01-02-17 05:22 PM
    I like my priv. First phone I've had with a pkb. I like bb10 better than android but I refuse to get sucked into the apple pit. BlackBerry did a good job blending their twist on android and I like the extra bit of security. Loved the BlackBerry vkb on my bb10 phones but really enjoy the pkb as well now that I have learned to use it
    gebco likes this.
    01-02-17 05:43 PM
    Am wanting Mercury, just not sure I wanna wait to much longer.
    You've made it this far, don't blow it, lol

You can't wait 2 more days to hear the announcement on January 4th
    01-03-17 01:17 AM
    Wait for the Mercury. Anything besides email and files, you will find the Priv underpowered. Although there is a bit of confusion about the Mercury's horsepower currently.
    01-03-17 01:38 PM
    Android is always going to clunky and disjointed, it's a platform for apps, does almost nothing by it'self. Whereas BB10 and iOS are more of a complete system, which allow apps, if you need to do something different.
    Android does OK, specially considering what it is, (and isn't).
    BB10 would be by far the best, if there were apps, (that worked) but alas.............................
    you couldn't have said it better, ios n BB10 r best never liked Android n the reason it can't be like good as it does not integrate with the OS as the others two do
    Bonnie Bonzai likes this.
    01-04-17 12:46 AM
    can't be like good as it does not integrate with the OS as the others two do
    You lost me there, Android IS the OS. Are you saying Android does't integrate with Android?
    01-04-17 07:44 AM
    if you're waiting for the new TCL device, I'd wait it out unless you can find a priv for under $250. It's really not worth it at this point especially if you already have an iphone 6 or better. there are strange glitches that occur on the priv that are not really friendly if you're coming from IOS.
    Bonnie Bonzai likes this.
    01-04-17 10:54 AM
    I haven't used the 6+ personally but I've daily-ed the 5s and 5c. xandros9's iOS and Android Adventure - Page 4 - Windows Central Forums

I don't have a head-to-head iOS - Priv comparison but the thread's progression has my thoughts of iOS 10 and the Priv after that.
    01-04-17 12:45 PM
31 12