Hey,

It's a few days I have the Priv and I'm absolutely loving it. I just have a quick question in regards to the incoming call display when on the lock screen.

Is it normal that incoming calls don't appear when the screen is locked? I have to wake the screen in order to accept or decline the call. Is there something I'm doing wrong in regards to the calling options? Any help is welcomed
    Thanks
    02-24-16 11:43 PM
    No I don't think so. Idk why your screen isn't waking up but you could use a workaround until you figure it out. Go in the phone app, hit the overflow menu button next to the mic in the search bar, then click settings, then general settings, and then the last line in that list is "slider options for incoming calls". You can set that to "open to answer" so you slide the screen up to answer a call.

When I get a call, the screen turns on and it has a full screen picture of the person. Does anything else seem weird with your proximity sensor or no?
    02-25-16 05:16 AM
    Hey,

It's a few days I have the Priv and I'm absolutely loving it. I just have a quick question in regards to the incoming call display when on the lock screen.

Is it normal that incoming calls don't appear when the screen is locked? I have to wake the screen in order to accept or decline the call. Is there something I'm doing wrong in regards to the calling options? Any help is welcomed
    Thanks
    I have the same problem
    +1
    02-25-16 07:30 AM
    I really prefer not to need to slide the phone up to answer. This is a problem when I'm in the car and my phone is attached to car Bluetooth or auxiliary wire. Do you think it is a defect in the phone and should return the phone for another one?
    02-25-16 09:51 AM
    Hey,

Thanks
    Sounds like a problem. I don't have a solution, but a work around that MAY work - Settings > Display > Ambient Display (Toggle it to on).

It JUST may work (as a work around) until you get the issue resolved or get a replacement.
    02-25-16 10:30 AM
    It was already on but I'll turn it off and on again...maybe that'll help.
    Should I try restarting or rebooting the device?
    02-25-16 11:25 AM
    First be sure to go to Google play store and type blackberry limited. Open each BlackBerry App and select update . for some reason auto update doesn't work for these apps (but only for the first time, then all good).

Power off and power on. That should do it.

If you still have an issue then try rebooting. You'll be told to reboot and or do a factory reset before you can exchange / return your device anyway.

Good luck!

I came from a Torch and Q10 to Priv it's a change but that's not always a bad thing ;-)

Posted via BlackBerry PRIV
    02-25-16 07:09 PM
    All BlackBerry apps were updated so I went with the rebooting option and all has been fixed! The phone is now working perfectly!
    Thanks everyone
    02-25-16 10:18 PM
    Hi - any suggestions when calls don't appear when screen is UNLOCKED? Quite frustrating, I can't see who's calling and have to click on the phone icon then "Return to call in progress" just to see the slider - at that point the call is in voicemail! Help!

Update - I found my issue - I had the notifications for "Dialer" turned off. Once I turned these back on, the lock screen functioned as expected, and I did get an alert in the notification tray with the screen unlocked. I also saw that I could answer with the cover closed which I like (keep it closed to keep the screen clean).

I guess the trick with Android (coming from BB10) is to play around!
    Last edited by NYGrl811; 03-01-16 at 08:27 AM.
    03-01-16 06:02 AM
    On my Priv I have the same problem. I have to go through the same ritual. Unfortunately there is no "Dialer" option in the notification.

On the locked screen when I receiver a call I get "Return to call" on the bottom (where there usually is the "Emergency call). The only way to get directly into receiving phone call screen is to flip the keyboard open. Not too convenient if you have the phone in a holding bracket in the car. Anybody else on Priv?
    03-21-16 07:41 PM
    Hey Hanski.. go to settings>sound&notification>app notifications and look for Dialer in the menu.. Perhaps the setting you are looking for is in there. Good luck
    03-28-16 01:48 PM
    i have been on several forums and sites to try and solve the problem of the screen remaining black when receiving incoming calls.

i spent 10 minutes on the phone to blackberry helpline and this is the solution:

go to main applications screen > scroll down until you see the 'Phone' icon > press and hold on this icon > drag the icon to the top of the screen where it will say 'app info' > you will see a new screen > click on 'Notifications' > disable the Block all option > 3 new options will appear underneath > they should be set as the following, Treat as priority = disabled > Allow peeking = enabled > hide sensitive content = disabled

this only happened after a software update and now the phone works perfectly

hope this helped! ive been going mad trying to sort this out!!!!
    lamnguyen2020 and FF22 like this.
    06-21-16 02:00 PM
    Hey Guys,

I've been searching as I have a similar problem. With mine, when I get a phone call I do not get a change in screen, I have to click on the blue phone icon (bottom left of screen) and click on 'return to call in progress' to be able to access the screen where I swipe to answer!

using the above from AAP31 I resetted and when I get a call now I get the pop up at the top of the phone where it displays the name of the caller with the three options (dismiss, reply, answer) but not the swipe menu still!? I'm not too fussed as at least I can answer calls now but its far from ideal.

Any help would be appreciated.

Original post - http://forums.crackberry.com/ask-que.../#post12834459
    04-12-17 05:51 AM
    i have been on several forums and sites to try and solve the problem of the screen remaining black when receiving incoming calls.

i spent 10 minutes on the phone to blackberry helpline and this is the solution:

go to main applications screen > scroll down until you see the 'Phone' icon > press and hold on this icon > drag the icon to the top of the screen where it will say 'app info' > you will see a new screen > click on 'Notifications' > disable the Block all option > 3 new options will appear underneath > they should be set as the following, Treat as priority = disabled > Allow peeking = enabled > hide sensitive content = disabled

this only happened after a software update and now the phone works perfectly

hope this helped! ive been going mad trying to sort this out!!!!
    It sure did help..whew, so glad I turned to this forum. It was driving me soooo crazy. Screen lights up when call comes in with caller ID, swipe-to-answer and all. Thanks AAP31!
    06-16-17 12:37 PM
    Hello! I had this problem this solution probably won't work but if you hold down on your phone app and tap on the other that little i in the circle, it should take you to the settings. Tap notifications and make sure to turn off "Block all notifications" . Worked for me hope it works for you!!!
    01-31-18 05:17 PM